Thursday, July 21, 2005

Relieved. :o)

I finally got the nerve up to talk. :o) A friend of mine helped me in deciding to talk. Thank you. :o) I felt such a relief. So much lifted off of me. :o)


Even though I did have the talk....I still have my pain. But, I expected it. I'm really having problams with my left hip, thigh and knee. I've been using my walker more so I can get around, even in the house. I really don't like to have to depend on it. But, thats just the way it is. :o) I'm just thankful that I do have it to use. :o) It sort of feels like my whole body has gone into exacerbation once again. But, the not talking thing didn't help. My fault. Nevertheless, this is what this horrid disease is all about anyway. I'm just riding the waves of it, and taking it one hour at a time right now. :o) Thats all I can do. :o) I tell myself, this too shall pass. :o) And it will. :o) I got my hair cut last night! Thats a big step for me...lol! :o) I have a hard time trusting others with my hair. I have a neighbor that does cut hair and I showed her a picture of what I wanted, and it looks exactly like it! Whew! lol :o) I love it! It's going to make it easier for me to do as well. I still have my length, I can't stand short hair, (harder for me to get my arms up to do it) and it's still long so I can put it up in this heat. :o) Yay! My daughter had hers cut too. She looks so cute! :o) My neighbor did them both for free! I really appreciated it, because I've been wanting my hair cut, but didn't have the money to have it done. Well...enough rambling...lol. Everyone have a cool day today and blessings to you all! :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa,
I also have fibromyalgia, but not nearly as bad as yours and I am learning to just ride it out day to day. I am not to the point where I require prescription medication and don't look forward to the time when I will. Some days are worse than others. I have also begun to realize that stress brings on my attacks and the last bout of stress I had in my life has caused an attack that has lasted for 2 days. All I know for sure at this point is I have to keep my stress level done or I will stay in the bed for days. Like yesterday I slept all day then slept all night as well. And could not move this morning to get out of the bed and still having trouble just walking across the house.
Hang in the girl and don't give up. I know that's what I am going to do.
Blessings to you.
Dianne

Anonymous said...

I bet your hair looks great. Can't wait to see it!!

Carolyn
http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to talk to someone.  Hope things continue to get better.

I came across this journal, if it's for real, there may be hope in sight!
http://journals.aol.com/rebeccasallen2/Fibromyalgia/

I just went in today -- am starting to have another flare up!  So we did the usual uping of the meds and pulled out the heavy duty pain meds.  I told my boss to expect the worse.  My worst flare up lasted 2+ months... needless to say, it isn't something we want to repeat so hopefully she will be more understanding about my duties.
~Miss O
http://journals.aol.com/missboogerhead/MissOsSoapbox/