Monday, July 7, 2008

~This is life/I tell it like it is to me


 


Yesterdays entry wasn't meant to be so long. When I sit down to talk, more will come out then normal. LOL To me, I like it when others do that. :o)
Yesterday I was pretty dizzy and kind of out of it. This is how I get after a seizure. It was about 10 minutes this time! YAY! :o) I don't at all like the long ones. I was living in Indiana at this time, I think it was around 1987-88. Someone had to be with me at all times just in case I did have a seizure. I would spend the night with my grandparents. During this time, I also was working at a fast food. I was there a few times and had one of those seizures that you keep going...theres a name for it, but I don't remember. lol...I can remember all of this, but not what it was called. :o) My doctor wanted the ambulance called each time they happened. In the ER they would give me an i.v. and put medicine in it. I think it was Volume (SP). I could come out of them real fast. And then sent home. And yes, it still does take my body about 3-5 days to get all back to normal. Even with the smaller ones. It's that time of year it seems. Its just like I already know the season/time that they are more likly to come on. This is it. Now last night, I wasn't feeling 'right.' Plus all during the day, I was having some severe muscle cramping. I felt real dizzy and just disconnected. About 7:00 pm., I got so dizzy and room spins. I was really not feeling just right. So I just layed down and went to sleep. I woke up this morning at 8:45 am.! Wow! Now thats a lot of sleep. For me anyways. :o)

Having a seizure is kind of like just having a headach to some. I've had them basically all my life, so I know what to do. I take Clonazapan and another medicine put with it to help with the seizures.
I'm very excited today....my kids are coming over today! :o) A big YAY! :o) I really miss them. :o) When they're coming, I have no idea. lol The way the two of them are, they can tell you one time and be here at another. lol Geesh! :o)
I got a phone call from this company yesterday that is like Advanced Medical. My case manager sent in a request for me to have utensels with large handles with a grip, a special plate, bowl and cup and a bib. I thought it odd to call on a Sunday. but on the other hand, I'm glad they did. :o) I do really need a bib as well. You should see all of my things I wear, food stained in the front because I shake and am not good at holding things anymore. <sigh>

This is all apart of my everyday life. I've really had to buy so many new things because I'm not able to use all of the regular things that I used to. I just got this pare of clippers that have a thing to wrap around your fingers a certain way. They work! Boy am I glad. It was really getting hard to do my nails. And my home health aide isn't allowed to do them. Which I do understand why.

I'm starting to feel 'funny' again. I'm not going to go anywhere. And if I do, it will just be to my bedroom. I usually walk around the house for exercise. Not today. I have the air on in my bedroom so it'll be nice and cold in there. I like it meatlocker cold. :o)
You know, mediforically thinking, if a child is shy almost all of there life, and then finally one day they jump out of that shell. And when older, others say things to you like, "Oh don't let it bother you," or "You're reading more into it, "No...they weren't 'using' you." Well...what would you do and how would it make you feel "IF" someone let you know personally that something you did was better than others and it looks like you'll get it. And to let you know how much someone can write and write and, still will not show case it?


Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for empowers you."
– Dr. Wayne Dyer



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a wonderful visit with the kids and kiss those babies for me. (((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like what you are referring to, seizure wise, are grand mal (which are the larger, long lasting, all out seizures), and petit mal (which are smaller, kind of spaced out, mild seizures).  They probably gave you Valium, whereas now they give you Ativan.
I hope the seizures stop, Lisa.  Geesh.. you certainly don't need any more things happening to you!

Hope you have a great day with your kids!  I know that makes you happy! :)

Hugs
jackie

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((LISA))))))))))))))))))))))just know I pray for you all the time.Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good day!
Missie