Saturday, March 25, 2006

A day to remember.........

I'm so glad that yesterday is over! Whew! I went to the hospital to get the MRI done. Low and behold....after I get in their to get it done, they tell me that I have 3 MORE MRI's that they needed to do and that they read the paper wrong! Yikes! So...I had a total of 5 MRI's done! I was in that mechine for a little over 3 hours! In the last ones taken, I had to have some dye injected. No problem, I've had that before. Well....as I'm laying there with my head in a "cage" ready for the next testing...thay start to inject me. I was asked over and over if my arm hurt! I kept saying no. I went through the rest of the tests, and they told me to wait in the waiting room for the cd of all my tests for the doctor. I had to go to the bathroom, and when I pushed up my sleeve to wash my hands, I noticed that my right arm had a hudge lump where the injection was put in! Good Grief! I showed my mom that was with me, and we just kept an eye on it. I got the cd and we went to the caffaterria and I noticed how hard it was for me to bend my arm! I looked at it and it had spread around my arm and elbow and up to my shoulder! And it was starting to hurt a bit then! I knew I was in the right place if anything would have happened. :o) By the time we were done and ready to leave, I looked at it again and my arm was swollen almost double the size of the left one! And it looked gross because of the lump! eeeewww! We went into the gift shop and I got a few large grip utinsles for me to use. when we left, I looked again, and the swelleing was getting to look a bit better. The lump wasn't as bad. So I felt safe to go ahead and leave. I got home and took my jacket off and it was slowly looking better. Whew! It was still pretty gross though...eeewww! I thought if I put an ice pack on it and elevate it it would get better. But....after I got out of my clothes and my mom left, I just had to copy that cd that was given to me! :o) If it's of me or about me and it's medical...I want it! lol :o) After that, I looked at it again and it was really looking so much better! Then I got in bed and was looking at a magazine and had it on a pillow. It went down to just looking like a "normal" looking slwollen arm! No more lumps too. :o) My daughter and my grandson came over last night, and we went to Wal Mart so I could get a few things. We came home and just went to bed. When I got up this morning, I checked my arm out again and it's still a bit swollen, but nothing to worry about...I think! :o) Whew! What a day that was! That was a day to remember! lol :o) I was so exhausted from being in that MRI mechine too! Geesh! You wouldn't think I should have been, but to have to lay flat on those hard tables and not move for that long, really hurt. So...my day was a full one! I got home so much later then I had expected to. I had to call and cancel my Home Health Aid from coming, and I just hated doing that. I really needed her help too, and still do.
I was checking my mail this morning and noticed I had an email from my daughter's dad. He had sent me some pictures that I had lost! YAY! :o) I'm so thankful!
I guess thats all for now....I'm getting tired of typing! lol :o) God bless you all and thank you for your comments!

No comments: