Monday, April 9, 2007

~The day after.~

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess,and in hopes it might help someone else as I do. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. May God bless you!......


 



Good morning! It feels as if I haven't written in a long time. :o) Still trying to get things back to their normal on the computer. :o) Using the word "trying" loosely. lol :o) It's taking me longer then I thought it would actually. :o) Having aol, and loosing your favorite places kind of spoils you in a way! :o) That was many years of favorites I'd lost! :o) Back to the drawing board!



This morning when my physical therapist came and did the deep tissue massage, I didn't realize that I was more numb.....if that makes any sense....then I was! Last week I had to call her and have her to not come by. Once because of the stupid doctor appointment I didn't have, and then throughout the week, being sick off and on. So, I really don't know how long I've been this way.
She started on my left side and I just let it go, because my left is worse off, and I just thought it was just me. Until she got to my right side! Good grief! No kidding....it felt as if I had layers of blankets on top of me and could only "feel" her hands and fingers like that! Very hard to describe! I told her that I was very numb this morning and much more then usual! I can never only tell just by the left side.


We talked about it and I told her what my doctor an I are doing. :o)


This weather here in Ohio is a mess! :o) It's been snowing! Yesterday was colder then it was on Christmas day here! Imagine that?! Silly weather here! :o) My body is really reacting to it as well....whew!

I hope everyone had a great Easter day! I did! :o) I couldn't have asked for a better day! :o) I took as many pictures as I could...and I'll put them up soon. :o)
It was good to have my family all here. I love that! My husband and I got are grandson his basket and a Tee Ball with a bat for his Easter gift! He loved it! It was so fun to see him hit the ball off the top of it! LOL I was sitting on the couch and had to duck a few times! lol Too funny! I wish I had video if it! He's already a switch hitter! :o) His dad is left handed and my daughter isn't and he does alot of things with both hands. Which I encourage anyway, because no one knows what the future holds for any of us! So, why not start young to know how to do everything with both hands?! :o) There are days I have to use my other hand.
So...I'm glad that he's that way. He was so full of energy as well and I was doing my best to keep up with him! LOL My husband's side of the family were here as well! :o) I always loved to be a hostes...and now that we've moved into a smaller home and we've all gotten our illnesses and such, we take turns and it's still fun for me! :o) I do miss alot of the late night games we would play....pictionary! Too fun! lol :o) Yesterday, I had to do a quick exit number to my room...which I had to cool my body down real quick! Yikes! Just open my window in my room and have my fan on me.




I'm having alot of trouble with that lately. I think it has alot to do with this stupid weather we have here! It really messes with my system! Whew!

My daughter and my son went to their "spouses" families yesterday as well. :o) They had fun as well....and on both sides...have very large families! So, lots of food and stories to tell! :o)

My home health aid will be here soon. ;o) I need to get off here! I need to get a few more things done. :o)
Just wanted to write to update I suppose. :o) Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter as well! :o)

Thank you for leaving your journal links and your comments! It really means alot to me! :o)
Gods blessings to all of you! :o)




Tags:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I'm glad you had a good Easter, hope you get some sunny weather soon, Hugs Lia

Anonymous said...

It does sound like you had a great Easter day.  Family means so much and it's always great to get together.  'On Ya' -ma

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good easter,
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

well if your numb you cant feel so thatmake senes to me

Anonymous said...

Hullo,
Saw you at Robin's place so clicked your link. I'm convinced something has nudged the seasons just a bit off. Last several years has seen more snow and cold in April than in December. Makes my allergies go crazy.

Sounds like you had a full house for Easter, what a joy having family over is. I remember as a lad getting "spring things" for Easter like buckets, digging shovels, bat & balls... much like your grandson.

Thanks for sharing about what it's like when your PT comes over. Do you get Occupational Therapy too?

Hope today is a grand day for you.
Michael
http://journals.aol.com/madmanadhd/ConfessionsofaMadmanInsightsinto/entries/2007/04/09/easter-in-the-big-house/1506

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear things are stil going the wrong direction - down, Lisa. Nonetheless, that weird weather (80 F one week, 20 F the next) certainly doesn't help.

Guido
http://journals.aol.co.uk/pharmolo/NorthernTrip

PS: How about putting your journals on Technorati (if I didn't already suggest that)

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear your easter was nice. This weather is crazy here in Pa too. We had snow flurries yesterday, and the day before, grrrrrrr and they say it's spring? ((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed and also inspired that you can go through so much physical pain and yet still sound (read) so upbeat.  I needed your happiness tonight.  Thank you!  

Russ

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better someone has stolen our sunshine as well! I am so glad that you had a nice Easter.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Sorry you lost your links.
Glad you had a nice Easter.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

it is raining and cool and windy here today. It is depressing how awful our weather is. I am glad you had a happy Easter and the kids and your grandson did also.
love, lisa jo