Friday, April 13, 2007

~Something to try~


Won't hurt to try this- those with grand children & children. Use it on yourself too.



100% of the time, although the scientists at the Canada Research council (who discovered it) aren't sure why.

To stop nighttime coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally),
put Vicks Vaporub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks.

Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay
stopped for many, many hours of relief.

Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very
strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing
and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

I heard the head of the Canada Research Council describe these findings on
the part of their scientists when they were investigating the effectiveness
and usage of prescription cough medicines in children as compared to
alternative therapies like acupressure. Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio
and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do
more harm than good due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened.

It was a surprising finding and found to be more effective than prescribed
medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and
calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.


So, if you have grandchildren, pass it on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed by the effect.



Tags:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of that one before, but I have not tried it yet. If you tried it and it works please let me know.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hmmmmmmm very interesting Lisa, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Haven't ever tried this on my feet, only rubbed on my chest. If I'd known about it sooner- like a few weeks ago, I'd have tried it. Perhaps it would have helped ease my night coughing (day too). Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I don't believe it!  I use to have Vicks rubbed on my chest as a child and so did my husband, & I rubbed it on my son. Years later we heard that didn't do any good!  But my husband still thinks it did.  So maybe it was pychological, who cares, if it worked??

I have had the most awful gut wreching cough since Monday.  I am about to try the Vicks (on my feet) even though I don't believe it for a minute. Those natural things just don't seem to work on me & mne! (But I am getting desperate & NO, I don't smoke.


Hope your son had a very happy birthday!
Love,
Merry

Anonymous said...

THAT is very cool!  Hope I don't have to try it any time soon, but will be very happy if it works... I feel so AWFUL when my kids have bad coughs!

thanks!

Chelle