Friday, September 21, 2007

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess, and in hopes it might help someone else as I do.I do not pretend nor imatate to be someone I'm not. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. And if there is something in what I write that "offends" you, options; don't read, or realize that this IS real life, and get out of your plastic bubble and learn more about it! God bless you!......


 



 


Good morning.....in hopes that all of you are feeling good this morning.


Yesterday, I was very busy with people coming here to my home. Not at all complaining, just talking about what happened.
First, my physical therapist/nurse came in the morning. She had asked me about that stupid wasted appointment I had on Tuesday. I told her and showed her what I went through and had to do for them. She couldn't believe it! She argreed that I just need to go back to my neurologist and go from there.
Then my new Home Health Aide came. I'm really not sure if she's going to work out either. When she comes in, she clocks in and then sits on the couch and smokes. Thats not what she is suppose to do.
Then the man that installed my Emergancy Responce system and medicine box came and was also waiting for my other nurse to come to fill the medicine box. He went ahead and installed the ERS and my nurse finally made it. She had to check my vitals first before she could do anything else. She comes once a week to do this. The man showed me how everything works, and then went ahead and left. The nurse filled the medicine box for 8 days. Then called my pharmacy to let them know that I needed refills on all of my meds and that she is my nurse. I have two meds that they will not fill for me until I have one day left, which in some cases, leaves me without that medicine for a few days. I don't like that. But she was able to let them know that I had that box now and they will refill my scripts and will be ready on Monday for me. Now I won't have to go without. She already knew what had happened at that appointment on Tuesday because I had called her. She told me yesterday that she still can't get over how I was treated. She told me it sounded like that doctor just didn't want to spend the correct time with me possible because of the kind of insurance I have. Medicaid. They still get paid.
My blood pressure was low yesterday for some reason. 102/65. My lungs sounded "tight" to her. She stayed with me for a bit to make sure I was alright. I was a bit dizzy as well. I thought it's because of the week I had and it's taking a toll on me. My whole body is being effected.

I really wanted just to lay down and take a nap. But I couldn't because my meals were being delivered as well. I have to sign my name...thats why I have to be awake. He came, and I put everything away. Then I layed down for an hour. I'm being very careful with the ers necklace that I have to wear. It's very sensitive so I take it off when I'm laying down. If I accidently push the button, all I have to do is to let them know it was an accident when they come on over the speaker, and they understand. Very nice people.

I made an appointment this morning to see my neurologist. It's October 19. I'm glad it's not too far away from now. Just a few weeks. I can wait for that appointment.

By the way; Sorry if I offended anyone in two of my entries. I had to get it and release what I had gone through! I'm getting a lot better now. I've just had so many little things and then that experiance....happen to me this week. It was just too much for my nerves and my stress level! The other stuff that I went through will be at another time and another entry. I will say this; I'm not at all sorry for anything that I wrote! When I write, I write the truth, and if it offends anyone, then sorry, but not really. Because if the truths hurts are makes you mad, oh well. Read disclaimer above.


Last night, my husband and I were talking. I love are talks. He wants me to find out all of the medicines that are to treat ms and print it out. Then he told me that he wants to go to Canada to get me the help I need! He is still livid as well! And I don't blame him at all.


Today, I have planned to just rest my body. It really needs it! And so does my mind and thoughts....they need sorted out and dealt with. My body just feels like it's in a big ball from the stress this week. Very painful.


I do want to thank the ones that have supported me through all of this. Thank you! And thank you for the links that were sent to me! I truly appreciated them! ;o) Believe me, I'm NOT going to give up!
One more thing. Hey lurkers, go ahead and leave a comment while you're here! I'd appreciate it! Thank you.
Gods blessings to all of you! Have a smile on your face....keep your faith....and live your life! :o)



 


 


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
You don't have to apologise for writing something that might offend someone. You write what you want. Your disclaimer says it all. If they can't hack it, they can leave.

I sincerely hope that your other half can find proper help for you across the border in Canada.

Anonymous said...

thats like what my granny had!!!!!! it works great she use to get bored and tlak to the people on it. I love madia!!!! shes beautiful.
Im glad your appointment is soon

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I hope your home health aide works out, I would be suspicious though if she just continues to sit around and smoke, she should be helping you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad you got an Emergency Response System installed, hope you have a pain -free day today, Love and Hugs Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am glad you got your ERS system! Looks really cool. Yeah, about your aid, I would say something to the nurse about that one. Crazy lazy people these days. Take it easy today, and Kayden and I (and "Lil") will be over tonight for dinner. Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Sounds like you are set to be safer.  That's great.  I love the picture of Madia, hope I spelled it right! Keep your eyes on the home health aide. LOL

I am glad that you are able  to have those talks with your husband. And I am happy you are getting your meals and everything!!

Will be glad when you get in to see your neurolgist!  Prayin' for ya! Merry

Anonymous said...

sticking my nose in-don't let that aide smoke in your home-you don't need that.
Besides making you more ill-it  will stink up YOUR home.Tell her she can have a break every hour and go outside,but she has work to do in the meanwhile-or you'll replace her.........................

Anonymous said...

I was going to say that you shouldn't let that aide smoke in your home (personally I would knock her ass out if she so much as STARTED to light up in my house), but I think you said you smoke, so that's probably why the smoking part didn't upset you as much as the fact that she was taking a break when she first arrived.  That in itself is wrong.  She is there to help you and do what is expected of her.. period.

I love your attitude, Lisa.. "Have a smile on your face....keep your faith....and live your life! :o) "    I couldn't have said it better!

Hugs
jackie

http://journals.aol.com/siennastarr/Hopefloats/

Anonymous said...

You should check out facilities in the Pacific Northwest.  For some reason they haven't discovered yet, we have more MS up here than anywhere in  the world.  They have a blurb on TV on the time about it, I'll try to catch the name and send it to you.  Glad you are having a better day.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, I'm glad you had alot of good help today.  Yes call the agency that sent that home health aide and tell them to reassign her.  She doesn't get paid to sit on your couch and smoke.  If you don't smoke, she shouldn't either.  If you smoke, she shouldn't smoke either unless she has your permission!  Linda

Anonymous said...

If you go to Canada can I come? LOL I have not been to Canada in years. Rant away baby that is what we are here for!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got the ERS system.  I had gotten it for my Grandma and she had to use it a few times.  I'm going to get it for my Dad even though someone is here with him most of the time, I just want to be cautious.  He trips alot.  That new aide doesn't sound like she's going to work out.  If she doesn't work the next time she comes out, I'd call the agency.  Don't apologize for writing what you feel.  This is your place to write.
Hugs,
D
http://journals.aol.com/heavenlybama/journey-to-success

Anonymous said...

I am so glad they are now paying attention to your needs. The pill thingy looks handy with all the meds we take its no wonder we get a bit confused so the pill thingy is a brilliant aid to have. The lady that comes and sits on your sofa puffing away on her ciggies needs sacking, could you have a word with the supervisor and tell her whats going on. Some people just love to get one over you.Sorry i have not been about but with the weather change here in the uk i have not been well enough to come and sit here.  I know you will understand what i am saying with the weather.Take care.
lots of love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

beware of the lurkers. Why lurk? People need to comment or try not to read and be quiet about who they are.
I am glad you got the food and the ERS system and the nurse came and i do hope you were able to rest. I think i would turn the home health aide in...what the hell is wrong with those women?
Love you
lj

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you got the medicine machine and the alert alarm. She sits on your couch and smoke? That is not right at all. ((((((hugs)))))
Cindy