Thursday, February 23, 2006

And so on......

The past two days have been great except for my back pain. I've been doing my best to rest as much as possible, and I use my heating pad. My son has really been a big help lately. :o) My sister came back yesterday from Eaton. :o) She is still in a lot of pain from the accident as well. It's her back also. I went with her to the ER yesterday and this time they found more wrong. They actually checked her back this time. She has an appointment in a few weeks to see her doctor. She has to go to Therapy as well. She got two shots to try and relax the muscles around the spine...as they are very tight and bunched up around the spine. It seemed to help for awhile.
I had my doctors appoinment yesterday morning. I found out what was found on the x-rays. He said that it showed that I have a type of arthritis on my spine and one of my vertabras is slide out of place. Well...now I know why I'm having so much pain there. Since none of my x-rays have shown any kind of arthritis before, and my vertabra and tumor on the spine, now I have to go through more testing. I have to have a full body bone scan and an MRI on my spine. He told me that this will be "an all day event" and I'll have a lunch break. :o) Good! :o) I've had these tests before, so I know what to expect. A long day laying on my back on hard tables. Ouchie! Well, now I know why I'm in such pain. I'm sure that the accident is what knocked out the vertabra. There is nothing else that I have done that could make that happen. Like he told me the last time I seen him...my sister and I are lucky that we survived that accident! Whew! I thank God for that! :o)


I don't have any plans for today. My physical therapist is coming this morning. I know this is going to hurt...Whew! But I also know that it will relieve some of my pain. :o) My doctor also raised the Lyrica that I take for nerve pain 50 mg. That should help as well. I suppose thats all for now. God bless you all, and thank you for comments, all are welcome. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just what you need.....a tumor on your spine!!! As if you don't have enough to deal with all ready.

Carolyn

http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Carolyn,
I've had the tumor for awhile now....I just found out about the arthritis. :o( And that one of my vertabra's is out of place! Yikes! I think it might have happened when I was in that car accident on the first of February. My doctor also feels that there is more wrong with me, so thats why more tests. Just keep fingers crossed. :o)
Lisa