Monday, November 6, 2006

~Doing my best~


Good morning. I've been up for awhile now. I got up at 12:30! A bit too early! At least I did get 4 hours of sleep. :o) My physical therapist will be coming in about an hour, and my home health aid will be here today as well. :o) I'm having a lot of problems this morning with my left knee cap staying in place. It's really making it hard to walk.
It was a pretty nice day yesterday, and the temp. right now is 47, so it might be pretty nice out again today! That would be nice. :o) My bones need to thaw out! :o)
I made a huge pot of chili, and it's almost gone! Wow! :o) I guess they all liked it! :o) Thats good! The Bengals lost! :o( I don't watch the games like everyone else does. Even my grandson watches it! lol He has his little jersey on! :o)

I stayed in here and watched a few movies that were on. They were boring, but thats all that was on. My grandson would come in and want to sit in bed with me and watch tv. So, he got up in my bed, and I hid my remote controls, and gave him my calculater, because he thinks thats the controls to my tv.! lol So he won't accidently break or loose the real one! :o) So when he sits and tries to chage channels, I use the real controls above his head, and change the channels for him, and he doesn't know it! lol :o) So, he thinks he's really doing it himself! :o) You got to let them think they're doing something that they're not suppose to every now and then...it helps them grow! :o) Then he got down and went and watched more of the game! :o)

Things seem to be better on the homefront. Which is good, because I can't take anymore. Is it too early for cabin fever? Not in my eyes! All I have to say is that I'm doing the best that I can, and thats as good as it gets! :o) And thats all anyone can ask for. :o) Is it wrong to pray for yourself? Is that selfish? Not to me it isn't. Yet again, I could be wrong. I do know That I let things bother me too much. This journal is my outlet of my feelings, and an outlet to others. There are times when I've poured my guts out, and when I've held back. And right now, I honestly don't care if I make anyone mad....becuase this is my journal and I'm writing my feelings down! This is me...and I'm doing the best that I can in life! I take life day by day to get by! Yes, I'm a happy person, and I cantribute that to my faith. And what I believe in. There's one thing I don't like, well actually two, I don't like to be mocked, and I really don't like a lier! Those right there can make my blood boil quicker then anything! Taking naps during the day has been helping me to handle the stress that I've been under. I'm to have sleep and low stress....well, that all just went out the window! When I get no sleep, and have high stress...equals lots of pain! Again....I'm doing the best that I can....no one can please everyone, and everyone can't please no one!
Thank you for your emails and comments....yes, they do keep me going through my days! God DOES Bless us all! :o)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey if you dont take acre of your self pray for your self you are no good to anyone else. that is so funny about your grandson nad the remote. YUP just like men you got to let them tink they got it all unders contrl lol my knee is bothering me and I hear it will be sunny the last part of this week. I m so not up for sun or warm!!!!!!!!!!!  sun depresses me from august on to january. but now I love and crave sun feburary to july. Must be some part bear weirdo or something lol

Anonymous said...

i love it when you stand up for yourself! You go, girl! I bet that chili was darn good. I love reading about your grandson, he is the cutest thing!
love you,
lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
You are right on!
XO
Donna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Your comment about the grandson using the calculator to change channels on the TV made me smile. Hope the kneecap is staying in place, sounds dreadful. Have a good Monday.

Anonymous said...

Hope your day is good with little pain.
Yes, pray for your self. No reason why not to. God can hear the prayers we pray for ourselves as well as those prayed for us.
Cute about the gson & remote control. hehehe
It's your journal, write what you want!
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

You are doing what you can when you can, nobody will think any less of you. I have these strong feelings of guilt. Your grandson sounds to be a little angel, life would be so dull if we did not have children. And i hope that poppy out knee behaves its self, it needs a good talking to. Causing you pain like that its not on, lol, if we dont laugh we would only be crying, your in my prayers, and i dont think your selfish far from. Take care. your friend from over the pond
LOVE AND GENTLE HUGS
katie

Anonymous said...

That's so funny about your grandson.  And NO it's not selfish to pray for yourself.  Hope you can get some sleep later.
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Awwwww I am sorry your knees are bothering you, I bet your chili was delicious !!!!!!!!! That is too funny about your grandson and the calculator, he is precious !!!!!!!!! Have a blessed day, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

OUCH I KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO HAVE A BAD KNEE MY RIGHT ONE SLIPS EVERY NOW AND AGAIN.  I HOPE YOUR THEREPIST CAN MAKE YOUR BODY FEEL A LITTLE MORE COMFORTABLE

HUGS
NOELLE

Anonymous said...

I havew not made chili in a while. I usually make that and homenade dread.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

hi Lisa...

I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this and i hope you have a good week and pain free...

Astra!

Anonymous said...

Sorry your knees giving you pain. No, of course it's not wrong to pray for yourself. It's nice to see you writing that it's your journal and you'll write what you want in it! Have a good evening! |Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h