Saturday, November 4, 2006

An open wound


I actually put my heating blanket on my bed yesterday! I haven't used it in years! Because if I get over heated my muscle cramping gets worse, or if I get too cold, the same thing happens. But with this cold weather kicking in so soon this year, and my body getting worse, I had to do something. :o) It felt so nice and snuggly! :o) Until I had to out from under neath of it. lol I had the heat set on 75, but it didn't feel like it was. My daughter said it didn't feel like it either...so then it wasn't just me. Most of them time I have to ask others about the heat or cold because to me, it's very different from others. My Thalimus is damged due to what I have, which in turn makes it very hard for me to tell how cold or hot it truly is.
I got to bed pretty late for me last night. Certain things went pretty smooth, and I just stayed in my room watching Scar Face. :o) My room's my safe place! :o) My daughter was watching Beaches in the living room and wanted me to watch it with her!!! Nope! Didn't feel like crying! I could hear it and still cried! lol :o) I heard her sniffling, and that made me cry! Geesh! :o) When it was over, I told her why not put in Terms of Enderment and The Note Book! They make us both cry too! Thank fully she didn't, I was all cried out! :o) So, she came in here with me and my grandson wanted to play with me! LOL :o) He's a riot! :o) It's just like 20 years ago when my daughter was that age! :o) He the best medicine and cheapest! lol :o) He makes me laugh so hard! Which I really needed that! :o)

Tonight, I was suppose to go to a party with my best friend. I was going to be a white angle! I had a dress we were going to work with, and she had the wings for me to use. Things got changed around, so I'm not able to go. There's always the next time! :o)
Moving on.........
I got up at 3:00 this morning. I couldn't sleep all that well last night again. I kept waking up every hour, like I did the night before. ggrrr! I'll just try and get a nap in today. I have the heating blanket on a low setting, and it has really helped my hips. When I woke up, I could feel the pain in my hips, but it wasn't as bad! :o) I'm glad of that! :o) Right now my hips, legs, feet and my back are hurting pretty bad. But...I expect it.
I hope that today will be a much better day then it has been. I've actually caught my self disconecting from certain situations within that past few days. Adults from past child abuse are so used to doing this. I've notice myself doing it 2 nights ago! I won't go into detail, but, as I was sitting there listening, I just "zoned" out! Something that was all too easy for me to do...like going to a better place if you will. I could still hear and see the person, but, "I" wasn't there! I was protecting "me!" Just like I did when I was a young child getting molested or a beating! And I'm 43 years old! Certain things must "trigger" it. I do know I felt like I was a "child" all over again! That didn't help much. And right now, I feel like a gaping wound...so just keep pouring salt into it...! Sure, that always helps.
Moving on.......


Got to go....
Thank you for your emails and you comments! :o) God does Bless us Everyday! :o)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of getting my heat pad out last night, it was freezing when I got home from work! Sorry you didn't sleepwell last night, hope you do better tonight. What a pity you had to miss the party with your friend too, maybe next time! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

I would have loved to see you in your wings, lol, bet your halo slipped years ago. Its a pity you are not able to go.I cry at tv soaps. I dont watch too much tv nowadays its too depressing lol. Your nights sleep was as bad as mine, i feel very tired today, i will be curling up under the quilt this afternoon for sure. hope you have a good day, gentle hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

The cold isn't helping things much, by the sound of it. But if you cannot properly regulate your own body temperature, it is even more noticeable. Hope you catch up on sleep tonight

Anonymous said...

yes the cold makes my hips hurt and knees alot. I love  an electric blankie BUT my cat chewed the chords in two once under the bed so now IM afraid to get one. your heating may need a tune up or sometimes I add moisture to the air like humidifier and that helps it feel warmer. I have done the disconnecting often nad find the older I get the more I do it

Anonymous said...

I have an elect blanky I use. Have to run the cords between the mattress & springs (instead of under bed) to keep Monkee from chewing on them. LOL I love it, almost froze here, before I got it!
Sorry you didn't get to go to the party. Bet that would've helped you, to get out for awhile.
I sleep on & off too. GRRR Wouldn't it be nice to get 8 hrs of uninteruppted sleep? WOO!
Nice play with your gson, always a good med! :)
Have a good weekend.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I AM HAPPY THAT YOUR HIPS WERE NOT THAT BAD WHEN YOU WOKE UP.  KIDS ARE THE BEST MEDICINE ARENT THEY?  LOL I ALWAYS CRY WHEN I WATCH BEACHES AND OTHER MOVIES..LOL I AM A BABY! TAKE CARE
HUGS
NOELLE

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

have a good weekend:) stay warm

Deb

Anonymous said...

It sounds like this cold weather is not helping your aches and pains at all. Do try to keep warm and get some rest this weekend. Take care.

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so sorry you are hurting, hoping you feel better soon. I do the disconnecting thing as well.It's a safety thing I think, I so understand that, hope you have a good day, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope you stay warm! Have a great weekend.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Keep yourself warm Lisa! Lovely to hear that your grandson makes you smile and laugh...kids are such as tonic! (not mine at the mo tho, cos they are teenagers!!) Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  Millie x

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa, I hope the pain lessnes and that tonight you will sleep fitfully and have sweet dreams. Good luck on the Vivis! Blessings, Sassy ;-)

http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysWORD
http://journals.aol.com/sassydee50/SassysEYE

Anonymous said...

hi Lisa...

sorry to hear your not feeling well, keep yourself warm...best wishes!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

No more tear jerking movies...lol.  Terms of Endearment would do me in.  Glad you got the electric blanky out.  I'm ready to scrounge around and see if I still have mine.  Stay warm...HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Anytime I've gotten an electric blanket in the past, they seem to burn out real quickly so I haven't gotten one.  Does sound nice though.  At the mall I saw a stand where they were selling these scented things that you could put around your neck or anywhere, and you zap them in the micro-wave and they stay warm for more than an hour while you smell the scent.  Seemed nice.  I had no idea you had such a rough past, I am sorry to learn this.
The pictures of your grandsone were adorable,
Stay warm,
XO
Donna

Anonymous said...

i have a heating blanket around here somewhere it will be getting cold soon!
no more cry movies!
lol
have a good night
em

Anonymous said...

I cry on those movies too..It is hard when things from the past haunt us...although we want to forget...it just never goes away!  Big hugs,TerryAnn

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h