Wednesday, November 8, 2006

~Opposite~


Yesterday, my daughter wasn't busy so she was able to take me to vote! :o) That got me out of the house for a bit! :o) It was raining of course, but it felt so good! :o) I didn't even take my umbrella! It was fresh air to me! :o) It was her first time voting. I was proud of her! My son worked late, and when he came home, he was in a hurry...he went up to his bedroom to grab his card that he had kept notes on for who and what he was going to vote on and for. Then he rushed out the door! :o) I'm so proud of the both of them! :o) I've always told them since we in America have this right to vote, then do so! :o) And they do! Well...now my daughter does! :o) I had made beef and noodles for supper last night. I the beef in the oven since 5:30 in the morning slow cooking. :o) It was good and tender by the time we were ready to eat! :o) While my daughter and I were out, I also asked if she could take me to Aldi's. I wanted to go to Wal Mart, but my legs were already starting in on me, getting stiff, so Aldi's is much smaller. I barely made it throught that little store! Geesh! :o) I picked up a few things that we needed, and a few things that we didn't! lol :o) My grandson thinks it's "cool" to drink out of a water bottle. I drink water, not any soda's. And he just thinks thats the coolest thing to do! lol So...we seen these little juice bottles and another kind of juice things that he can drink out of! LOL :o) He seen them and he had to have them! lol So...grandma got them for him! :o) So...now he's going to be all "cool" now! lol I'll have to get pictures of him being all "cool!" lol. He's so adorable! :o) So now, he can sit in grandma's bed, and be all cool with a bottle of juice with the calulater! lol :o) Bless his heart! He just makes me smile! :o) I seen that they also had this little laptop computer for kids there as well. He likes to sit on my lap while my daughter or myself are on the computer! :o) He is so curious! It wasn't that expensive at all. If I had the money, I would have gotten it for him, then he and I would be able to sit in my bed with our laptops! :o) I told my husband about them, so maybe he'll go out there sometime this week and get one for him! :o) For being only 17 months old...he sure is a pretty smart little guy! :o)

I just love to go places with my kids...and now with my kids and my grandson! :o) You couldn't ask for better kids! :o) Love them to death! :o)
Well, while at Aldi's, you guessed it...my legs did it again! I was in the last isle and it's like the freeze up or lock up on me and they just will not move for nothing! And I try everything I can think of. Mind over matter, waiting....and trying to just sort of "shuffle" my feet. It doesn't work! So I stand there! Luckly, there was a bit of a line to wait in, so I didn't look like a fool. :o) Well, I really could care less what anyone thinks! I'm always getting stares. lol :o) Because I have "unseen" illnesses and I have a handicap placard, so I park in the handicap areas.
In the last entry...I get these emails, and I found this to be very interesting, so I posted it! It made a lot of sence to me. If anyone has anything that you want to know about, or want to see posted, I probably have it, or can find it, and can post it for you. :o) No problem at all. :o)
I got my 4 hours of sleep in last night! Yesss! :o) The pain in my legs, hips, and back woke me up. Geesh! I do have an appointment to go to the pain clinic today. Oh yay! lol :o) I do hope that what he tries on me today will work. Actually, just a few hours makes such a differance. And I'm very gtateful for even that much! :o) I broke down and did take a pain pill about a half an hour ago. It's kicking in...but it hasn't as of yet, taken any of the edge off. But I'm feeling a bit woozy here now! lol :o) Just very glad my bed is just right behind me! LOL :o) Whew! :o)
Oh..by the way....I'm still doing the Christmas card exchange. :o) You don't have to send me one, but I'd love to send you one! :o) So....just send me your address and I'll send mine! :o)
Good Grief! I'm going to have to go now! Wooo! lol Pills have me now! lol :o) Thank you all so much for your emails and your comments! God does bless each and everyone of you! :o)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes its hard to have your legs freeze up. mine use to be not movingtill hubby helped me in the mornings. I could not move them. the chiropractor has kept thme moving. I would have to pee so bad and yet had to lay there in bed. he would pull my legs to the edge of the bed and slide them down. rub them and my back then help me up. it was a weird feeling but atleast I wanstn in a store. yes share a picture of your cute little grandson.love to see his pics

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you did get out though.  It sounds like you had fun even though you got stuck.  Your kids are people even I am proud to hear of, young folks actually DOING something!
Please get checked out for PARKINSON'S DISEASE.  That's one of the exact symptoms a former patient of mine described, getting stuck was something she did regularly.  I thought a few times, I'd have to pick her up and carry her out to the car.  
NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/

Anonymous said...

Great you were able to get out, and do your duty LOL by voting.

Anonymous said...

glad you got to get out sorry about your legs freezing up have a great day love vicky

Anonymous said...

Happy to know you got to get out & go vote, as did I. :)
Hope today is a good one.
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I think we should all get out and vote. I did. I am sorry that your legs froze last night. I am glad the pain pill helped.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am proud of you for going out and voting !!!!!!!!!!! Ca'nt wait to see the new pictures of your grandson !!!!!!! I am sorry your legs froze up again :( I hope you have a good day today, sorry people can be so rude and stare at you too :( Just ignore them, you are an inspiration to many, Hugs to you Lisa

Anonymous said...

It must have felt good going out to vote! Your grandson sounds a treasure! I hope he can have the little laptop, I'm sure he'd love it! Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

Hi, I thought i would pay you the same crtosy as you did me and pop by and check out your blog.  I am very sorry you are not well and having problems with your legs but glad to hear your daughter took you out for a bit today and hope you enjoyed yourself?  I will pop back later and have a read again. Love and best wishes Nicky xxxx