Tuesday, November 14, 2006

~The most important things in life are not things~


Ok.....I seen my doctor. And I'm very glad that I started the herbs and vitamins as well when I did. What is happening is, one of the newer medicines that I was put on about a month an a half ago, which was only two new one, and not counting the injections that I get from the pain clinic, gave my body a bacteria infection! I had no idea! I guess it's pretty bad. I was given a liquid to help my mouth and my throat. I have to swish it in my mouth, then swollow it! eeewww! Yukie! By swollowing it is suppose to help the inside! I don't get it, but that what he said! eeww! And I told him that! I'm only allowed to have room tempreture drinks, and a soft diet! I can handle that. I just don't know how long I've had this! According to him, I've had it for a while! Gross! With having so many other different things going on, I never know whats what! And I can't just keep running to the doctors every week! And thats what it would be, every week, because there's always something different going on with my body and so many new things happening, and I'm told it's just part of having fibromyalgia! Gessh! He asked me if I had any pain when I urinate? I don't know...I can't feel...my body is numb! And I don't know why! He asked me all kinds of questions that I couldn't answer because I'm numb! I don't know. I wish I did know, then it would help me medically! I really didn't need that paper I took, because he asked me all of those questions...which is good! :o) I was actually impressed this time with him...he really was very concerned. Not complaing about at all. :o) Plus, I've lost 10 pounds as well! Yay! :o)

Oh, and it isn't contagious! Whew! Thats why I'm the only one in the house that has it! LOL Plus, I'm the only one thats on the medications that causing it too! :o)
So, I guess thats that! :o) I'm feeling a bit better. :o) I've got to get my immune system up. Now that does go along with fibromyalgia. gggrr!
I came home and was really weak! I had also went and got a few things for me to eat while I was out. I called and let my kids know where I was at, so they wouldn't worry. Soups and jello really sounded good to me. So, I got a lot of that. :o) My appitite isn't there at all. Maybe I can loose more weight! :o) Would be nice. :o) I got home and my son helped me in the house. He didn't have to work yesterday, which I was glad. :o) He wasn't though.
I got out of my clothes and into my pj's and got in bed to rest. It really took a lot out of me to just do that little bit that I did! Geesh! I'm weaker then I thought. Well, I know why now.
My grandson was glad to see me home! :o) He got in bed with me. :o) He gave me hugs. :o) Now thats the kind of medicine that I like! :o) He is so loving! :o) Of course, he wanted to watch tv. and we did. :o) He would turn and look up at me and give me this big smile! :o) It just warms my heart! :o) To me, the most important things in life are not "things," they are the unseen love, and sparkles in my grandsons eyes, and the feeling you get in your heart when you hold someone you love dearly! :o) Thats whats important to me! Not "things." Things that you can not put a price tag on! Or buy! And I am so blessed each and every day for all of my most important things in my life! :o) The love of my family and my friends! :o)
I really want to thank all of you for your supportive emails and comments! :o) God does bless us each and every day! :o)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you know what you have now....eek!...and it will get better!! You are so right, things of importance just don't cost a penny! Hope that grandson of yours give you lots of healing love and hugs :) Millie xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, you take a medicine for a problem it gives you an infection.  Geez, that's enough to make me want to pitch my drugs and just see what happens.  :-)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Sounds like oral thrush, Lisa. The antibiotics knocked out all the bacteria in the mouth, good ones as well as bad ones. So, a mould called Candida albicans came in, saw that the coast was clear and made your mouth its home. Your symptoms are the worst I've ever heard of, but the Nystatin should do the trick. Nope, it's not nice, but finish the course LOL

Anonymous said...

I had an inkling that it was thrush.  Hubby had to use the liquid (a numbing med) for about a week.  This happened over a year ago and he ended up in the ER.  You'll be feeling better in a few days from that problem.  I'm glad you went to the dr. cuz it would have gotten worse.  Take care.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/bamas-country-photos - NEW!

Anonymous said...

From what Dr said, sounds like you have a super bad case of the old fashion Thrush. ;) Not pretty but easily cured just take ALL the med, swish it really good then swallow. I know it sounds bad, but is necessary.
Loved your first graphic, don't recall seeing it before, may I snag?
Great on the 10 lbs. WOO HOO! Be careful not to put it back on as soon as appetite returns.
Have a good day, just curl up 7 rest.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

sounds like thrush in your mouth. which is a type of yeast I had to  swsih this medicine in my mouth it numbs it some. lidocane not sure the name. it was after my dentures I got them. Rachael and I both get this thing in our moth alot and a lady I know had this medicne. glad its not contagious. you know seems like meds often give you more side effects than you need whihc is what I say I hate and seems like once you start taking them you get more and more stuff. Like my aunt go graves disease from one of the meds. its like vicious cycle its why I dont take any heart meds. though I was told start on them in 92!!!!!! I have done better than the guy who had the same problem in aother family I kow who didtake the meds. he seems worse off with more symptoms. He is thiking of going off the meds he said its no fun living like that

Anonymous said...

Lisa, hugs to you, I hope you are feeling better today, enjoy your adorable grandson's company, Big Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa, i worry so much about you and i am grateful you went to the doctor and got meds to make you feel better. You are such a gracious and beautiful person.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Good you went to doctor and happy u r feeling better love vicky

Anonymous said...

Same thing My mama gets! I thought it sounded just like it! Glad you found out..amma said that the liquid stuff is yucky!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Did I tell you last week I had  horrilble bladder infection.  I don't want to repeat.  I couldn't get into the doctor for 3 days and then it was BAD. I haven't had one n years.  The anti-biotic makes me nauseus, but that's just tough.  I need it.

I tell you I knew something was wrong but then I thought, no it's in my head, but the doctor was a sub, and she was just shocked at how bad it was.

If I already told you about this I am so  sorry.  I hate to be a repeater.

I am out of pain medication (for my back and neck) tomorrow. The doctor thinks she is gonna be able to cut me down.  HA HA NOT.  I don't mean I have a bad attitude, I just have been through this long enough to have my own opionions.  Well, see what happens in 2 2weeks when my other doctor gets back. This pain is TERRIBLE without the medications

LIsa, I worry about you, because it seems like they keep changing your diagnosis or treatment plans.  Are there several doctors in on your total plan?  I worry if you are getting conflicing information, or have gotten that in the past.  I plain worry about you Lisa, You are way top nice to have to go through so much.  Merry1621

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to get to the doctor and find an answer.  Now you can fight it full speed ahead.  Okay, maybe not full speed, but at least you are on the right track!  How awful to feel so crummy all the time, to put it very mildly.  I hope the medicine helps you this throat and mouth pain heal quickly.  You have enough to deal with!

Hugs and blessings,

Michelle