Wednesday, November 15, 2006

~Life lessons~


I love the saying on this graphic! :o) It's so very true! I am thankful! :o) I have so much to be thankful for! :o) And, I thank God everyday for my blessings! :o) I have many of them! :o) And none of them are monitary either! :o) I don't ask, unless need be, which is rare. :o)
When you can live week to week or month to month to get your check, and learn how to budget your money to make it last, and actaully work hard 5-6 days a week for that check, you come to appreciate things in your life, and see things in your life in such a more appreciative way! :o) And a more thankful way! :o) You work hard for what you want and for what you need. It's just a life lesson! :o) It's impossible to live like a "soap opra" kind of life. Although I've seen it tried. We brought our kids up to know that if they want something then they work for it! Now that they're grown, they both now know how to save money, and budget. :o) Nothing is given to them. Another life lesson for them. :o) They are both hard workers, because thats what they both seen while growing up, two hard working parents! And, you can't just go shopping anytime you just feel like it! Although it would be nice. :o) Who does that? As parents, you have to set a good example for your kids for their future, not just hand over to them what ever they want. Having a grandchild....I wish I could! :o) But he has pigy banks that we put money in for him. :o) Which will go into a bank, like I had my kids do.

I don't know what got me on that subject! Sorry for just rambling! LOL :o) Maybe I had a weird dream or something like that! :o) Oh well! :o)
Well, I've been taking that medicine for the Thrush. It burns my mouth. But, that tells me that it's working. :o) Tastes nasty too! :o) I really feel so badly for all of the babies and little ones that get this! Bless their hearts! I can see what they go through! They are in a lot of pain!
I have an appointment today to get the results from my sleep test! Yay! I didn't have to wait too long! :o) Thats good! :o) Oh no...I wonder if I should call and reschedule because of the Thrush? I do not want to spread this. I don't even know how long it will take to get rid of this. I think I will. And maybe he can just tell me over the phone. I had to cancell my physical therapist and home health aid for this whole week as well.
Instead of a shower yesterday...which I would much rather take baths....(I do have a shower chair) I did it, I was able to get in the tub! Yesss! And Yes, I thought of you (S)! :o) I didn't forget! :o) It felt great to just sit and soak! I had a few errands that needed to be done, and my duaghter had done them for me while I was relaxing as best as I could in the tub! :o) I am just so thankful to have the kids I have! My son....he's 24, and it doesn't matter where or who is around and how far away from me he is...and he'll still say or yell, "I love you moma!" :o) He told me that he don't care what his friends think, because he loves his mom?! :o) I remember one time, he was about 15, and I dropped him off at the mall so he could hang with his friends. I was at one end of the mall and he and his friends were at the other, my son is tall, I'm not..lol...he seen me, and he yelled to me as he was waving, "I LOVE YOU MOMA!!" :o) And he still does it! :o) My daughter would still hold my hand when we would go places! :o) Again, me being short, my kids tall...we would go to the mall and she would still hold my hand, even at the age of 14-15! :o) My son has always called me moma, and she has always called me mommy! :o) And they still so! :o) Ok,,getting to sentimental! LOL
And now...my grandson! :o) The feeling of being a grandma is the best! :o) It's like an exstention of your own child! lol :o)
In my life...I've had so many people come in my life for a reason, and I've had so many things happen to me for a reason, and I know that all of them were life lessons for me. :o) To see what choice I'd make. And I think that I've made some pretty good ones! :o) Of course, I'm not at all perfect, and never claim to be! :o) I have the guidance of Gods hand! :o)
Thank all of you for all of the supportive eamils and helpfull suggestions! I really appreciated them! God does bless all of us! :o)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have taught my children to work for things as well. We are not rich but we do have everything that we need and then some.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Not only did we have to save for everything, I also made them learn their manners.  Riches taught at home far exceed anything monetary they can make out there.
Good entry.
Hugs,
NELISHIA
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/
http://journals.aol.com/tsalagiprincess1/JumpingOffTheDeepEnd/

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Good advice.
I was a waitress for many years and rude people just annoy me!  My son is very good at his please and thank you's...he just picked it up from being with me.
Have a good day.
Love,
Donna...Hope you feel better soon...I know that must be miserable.  Once I had a severe sunburn that affected my lips, they were dry, burned and itched and seemed to take forever to go away, it was just miserable.

Anonymous said...

SORRY I HAVE NOT STOPPED IN FOR A FEW DAYS.  I LOVE THE SAYINGS ON THE GRAPHICS ALSO.  WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT WORKING IS VERY TRUE.
I TURN TO  GOD BEFORE ANYONE ELSE ALSO
NOELLE

Anonymous said...

it hard even with good example to teach kids about moneyu with thier friends and tv to set them on the other path.
I don tthink the thrush will stop your appointment. the dr did say it was not contaigous and its not and never heard of a mom getting it from hr ababy even thoughthey kiss them ;>}

Anonymous said...

I don't think Thrush is contagious unless you kiss somebody.  :) To me, IMO...waiting 2 wks for your sleep results is unacceptable.  I've always gotten mine the next morning.  Hope ya feel better now that you're on meds.
Hugs,
Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/bamas-country-photos

Anonymous said...

I taught my kids too, they saw poverty, hard hard work, good manners, etc...but no that they're grown, it's another story, esp the oldest! He & family barely scrape by, yet do not budget at all!
I love that your kids are proud of you, my youngest one (that passed away) was, but the one I live with prefers to act like he doesn't know me when we're out (which is seldom). :(
Never know how they'll turn out, teach them the best you can, pray with all your might, then hope for the best.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Awwwwwwwwwwww what a touching entry, I love what you wrote about your kids saying 'I love you momma" that is soooooooooooooo sweet !!!!!!! I hope you get the results from your sleep test soon, Big Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lisa, so glad you found out what's wrong with your mouth.

I've never spoiled my kids at all.  They work for everything.  Actually, right now, I'm don't have the means to even begin to spoil them but wouldn't anyway.  They need to learn the value of money.  It pays off so much in the end.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful entry, that wasn't rambling! I don't think anyone could've put it better. You're such a great woman and you deserve all of those blessings.

That is SO sweet about your kids, it's obvious they REALLY love you. And I can see why. :-)

I hope things continue to go well with your Thrush.

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

It's so nice when we can be thankful for what we have love v

Anonymous said...

No rambling here... sounded very direction-guided to me! Lisa, thank you for leaving a comment in my journal about the remedy for laryngitis... I still have laryngitis, but I'm feeling fine.

Sounds like you have raised your kids well... I'm not a grandmother yet, as my son is still single and still unmarried. But I do look forward to the experience. Being the mother I was, there's a very good chance that if he were living near me when he has kids, I'd probably want to be the grandmother who takes care of the kids. I think I'd be good at it too. I'd even consider leaving the classroom to be a stay at home grandmom. ONly if he wanted me to. I wouldn't do it if he had other plans. But if he moved away, that would change the dynamics a bit. I would visit him and his family frequently. I'm glad you are enjoying motherhood and grandmotherhood. Bea

http://beta.journals.aol.com/bgilmore725/Wanderer/

Anonymous said...

My daughter Amanda, will still hold my hand sometimes when we have a chance to go shopping or somewhere together!lol
I love it that your son is not embarrassed to holla at his mama..I think that shows he is a REAL man!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

The thrush is not contagious, Lisa. It takes 5 to 7 days to clear up. You had it bad, so you need to sit out the course. Enjoyed reading about the relationships within your family.

Anonymous said...

h