Wednesday, November 14, 2007

*****An UPDATE on my arm!*****

I wanted to let you know and log this as well....what the doctor said about my arm.
I have Thrombophlebitis!!! :o(  And the bigger squishy lump has moved up my arm a bit more! The smaller ones have gone down considerablly, and very thankful for that! Please click on this for more information.
He just told me to put heat wraps on my arm! Good Greif! If I knew what this was I would have asked more about it! My nurse will be coming tomorrow, and I thank God for that!


 


Lisa


***Edit***




Also called: Deep vein thrombosis, DVT, Phlebitis

Thrombophlebitis is swelling of a vein caused by a blood clot. It usually occurs in your legs. If the affected vein is just beneath the skin, the condition is usually not dangerous. A clot in a deeper vein, called deep vein thrombosis, can break loose and cause a serious problem in the lung, called a pulmonary embolism, or a heart attack or stroke.


Sitting still for a long time can make you more likely to get thrombophlebitis. Some medicines and disorders that increase your risk for blood clots can also lead to thrombophlebitis. Common symptoms are



  • Warmth and tenderness over the vein
  • Pain or swelling in the part of the body affected
  • Skin redness

Treatment includes medicines to ease pain and inflammation, break up clots and keep new clots from forming. Keeping the affected area raised and applying moist heat can also help. If you are taking a long car or plane trip, take a break, walk or stretch your legs and drink plenty of liquids.


 


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you know what it is ... feel better. Emmi

Anonymous said...

Lisa glad you found out about this, I was so concerned that this could be a blood clot that is why I said to go to the ER if you couldn't get into the Doctors quickley. Sure your nurse can give you more information when she comes tomorrow.  Take care. Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

Glad you have an answer, but suprised he didn't give you something to help break it up, they gave me Heparin for a couple days while I was in the hosp with my cancer surgery for ppossible clots. And they have me take a Baby Aspirin a day here at home to keep my blood thinner & help prevent it. Do what he said & keep the warm moist pks going, keep it elevated as much as you can.
Hugs,
Sug

Anonymous said...

Lisa, glad you know what is going on, Love You Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Hope it gets resolved soon.

Anonymous said...

That is very serius! I would ask many more questions. That could become a life or death situation. Do exactly as the doctor says! -Missy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

God if it's not one thing it's another.Hope you get it under control
Take cars
~c~

Anonymous said...

shoot-I meant take care not cars,LOL

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I am sorry to hear this.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Your lump MOVED? That would worry me a little, Lisa. Do check with the nurse in the morning.

Anonymous said...

well now you can get help for it atleast

Anonymous said...

well now you can get help for it atleast

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better soon.

lisa

Anonymous said...

The word itself sounds painful.  Then again all medical words do.  LOL : )

Allison

Anonymous said...

Well, if you were bedbound in a hospital they'd give you heparin. I had to use heat to. whenever I do research on something I get so upset what they say.  I got the same condition from an IV that was taken out too quickly, used heat and since I am mobile my doc did not seem worried at all.  My friend had it too. hugs, and good luck,

Anonymous said...

Are you including pics of this?  The way you describe it sounds bad.  I hope you won't hurt too much more from this.  Take care.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I am just coming back after a break from journals...and wow...you are going through so much....and you surely are in my prayers.  Do as the doctors and your nurses tell you...and get better soon!!  Many hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

You better take of this ~ it can be deadly.  I hope you feel better soon.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

ouchies :(

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife