Thursday, July 5, 2007

My 4th!

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific,
 I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess,and
 in hopes it might help someone else as I do.
 And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it
 is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life.
God bless you!.....


 



Well....the pictures I have posted are the only ones that I have! The pony ride line was long to wait in, so we walked over to try to win a fish. :o) Then it started to get realy dark! So, we were going to have our lunch there...a chicken dinner, and just enjoy the rest of the day. We went ahead and decided on getting the dinners and taking them to the car just incase it rained! My daughter and I found the booth where they sold the sugar waffles, and I got a bag of those too! :o) Had too...! :o)

As soon as dh started to take the food to the car...the sky opened up, and it poured!!! Thankfully, my daughter and her boy friend had only parked a block away. :o) Dh parked all the way down at the other end of the park and all the way down a side street! :o) The winds kicked up, and then it was dropping buckets of water! lol I was standing under a tree hoping not to get wet! lol Oh sure! Nope...didn't work! :o) I got drenched! lol It raind so hard and so fast...it had flooded the park! I was in ankle deep water! My camera, cell phone...everything in my purse was soaked! Because my purse was soaked. lol I couldn't do anything about it but stand there and laugh! :o) It had been about 10 minutes and this boy came over to me and had me come over to their food stand under their tarp. ;o) That was so nice of him. ;o) I was so cold! My muscles were doing what they do when they get hot very quickly! Cramp up! I'm shaking because I'm cold, and hoping that dh is alright and thankful that I'm with people just in case something happened instead of standing under the tree by myself. lol Another 5 minutes later...he finally comes to pick me up! :o) Whew! He runs up to get me...and helps me in the car. My legs at that point were having a hard time moving and bending. I took a picture with my camera to see if it still worked! lol As you can see from the above pictures, it does! lol Whew! And on the way home, dh had to pull over a few times because the rain was still coming down that hard! He couldn't see! The streets were flooded and it was just a mess! My daughter call me...lol...so I knew that my cell still worked! :o) She was worried and wondered where we were, they were already here and dry. ;o) Thankfully! :o) By the time we made it up the hill to where we live, the rain was down to just a small shower! lol :o) I was over by the time we had pulled in the garage! lol
After getting out of my drenched clothes, we ate our lunch and I'll never forget this 4th of July! LOL :o) This one is one for the books! LOL :o)


 


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord, from pouring too hard to see to drive then quitting as you pulled into the garage, sounds like the type of luck I'd have.  At least you did have some fun earlier that day.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Looks like such fun!!!
Hugs, Sug

Anonymous said...

I love you mom!
I had fun yesterday getting all wet. lol. We were only there for like what 10 minutes. hahaha
Glad you go to go out as well.
Love ya

Anonymous said...

ah love seeing you and your grandson and DH together. that color shirt looks good on you. we had bad storms all night . it just stopped raining this morning

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the rain, but you did get out & enjoy yourselves for a while.....

Michele

Anonymous said...

i slept thru the same storm.
You look freaking gorgeous, Lisa. Even soaked. You are a natural beauty and i am so glad you and everyone got out and had a bit of fun.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Great photos of you!  Well, but we're free to get out in the drenching rain and try to have a party, right?  That's something, too.  

Anonymous said...

Apart from the pain it sounds like you had fun ran an all. Your Camera may have condensation on the lens after getting rained on. Stand it on a towel for a while it should clear.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

Lisa,Awwwwwww you are so pretty !!!!!! I loved your pictures, looked like you had fun, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa I am sorry you got so wet through,though I had the same experiance as you know last week in the floods Grrrrrrr.Glad you could still laugh about it though Like I did too.Lovely pics and those boxes of chicken dinners have made me hungry now.We are  just going shopping and I too am having my tea out .Mmmm.Think i'll have a chicken dinner .Believe it or not.the sun has shone all day here.Partner is due home right now from work and the sky has just come BLACK Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh I hope I don.t end up like you did DRENCHED LOL!! If I do I'll send a pic .Thanx for sharing yours.Lovely ones of every body.You have  a lovely family.Happy you got to go out and enjoyed it anyway.A 4th to remeber for sure LOL.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

It looks like it was a nice celebration! Glad you and your family had a good time until the rain.
Pam

Anonymous said...

you were not kidding when you said drenched...I am so sorry you got caught in such a storm....it rained here before night fall but nothing like what you got...it ALWAYS rains on the 4th of july....
I am glad to see you got out to the fair....great way to spend the holiday (minus the rain)....take care of you!!!!
-Ellie

Anonymous said...

Hi, sounds like you had a pretty enjoyable 4th o July despite the downpour.  We naturally did not get rain in Phoenix.  I have got to go visit Paula to see if she got rained out in Texas.   Gerry

Anonymous said...

other than the rain it really seems like you had a good time!! Sorry the rain runined it though!!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a nice 4th. I would have liked the rain.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Wow!
What a story!
Glad you enjoyed your day despite the rain.
We finally got the downpour of rain too, but today.
We really needed it.
I can't remember the last time it has rained.
We've had such a beautiful summer so far.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

h