Thursday, March 1, 2007

~A lesson learned~


Good morning all. Today is a special day for me! It was given to me! :o) I said thank you, of course! :o) Even though I was up all night again, I only passed out once! :o) Getting better! And no cigg. in my hand. Whew! I have learned a few lessons this past few days, from reading my comments and how I've been feeling as well. You know, the feeling of "you felt better when you did/said something" but ut was the wrong choice? I'm sorry. I did that again. Honestly, I don't mean to do that. When I was able to keep a writen journal, I did that, and no one seen what I wrote. Then when I would read the things from a few days past, I felt either sad, silly etc. But not the same as I did when it was writen. Yes, I did get a letter, I didn't read it right away. Like I've mentioned, I've been going through things here at home as well. When I did read it, of course it upset me. I made a reaction to an action!

With not getting sleep, and the pain that I've never been in like this, it is very hard to consentrate normally. Actually, it's hard to do anything you normally do. I only wish I could describe this pain, but I've never ever felt anything like this, so I have no words for it! It litterally makes me just cry! I layed down for a bit yesterday, and did get 1 and 1/2 hours of sleep! YAY! :o) lol I've lost count on how many hours I've gotten since Friday! :o) I'm sluggish! LOL
This morning my physical therapist was suppose to come, but she called me to let me know that she was ill, and couldn't make it! A BIG sigh of relief! Whew! I was not looking forward to the massage at all. I know it was going to hurt so bad, that it would make me scream again! My left side hasn't gotten any better since Monday when she was last here. I just don't know what to think about this. I never knew that fibro. could do this! And this is a whole new pain I'm experiancing as well! Plus, I also have lost more mobilities with this too. One thing is, I'm having such a hard time getting into my bed! LOL :o) I bet that looks so funny! LOL Here I am, 5'1 1/2" trying to get a leg up just to get in a normal size double bed! LOL :o) Too funny! LOL My husband looked in right when I was trying really hard on my own, and he helped me! :o) He told me that from the looks of things, meaning how my left leg and arm is now and my mobility, that he's going to get me a stool for me so I can get in my bed! Yesterday, my son and I were the only ones here, so I had the walkie talkies for us, and again, I needed his help getting into my bed! LOL He had to stand and laugh first, though, then he could help me! LOL :o) He's so much taller then I am...LOL and he thinks it's cute that I'm short! LOL Too funny! :o) Even the new recliner I just got, he sat in it, and started laughing! lol I asked what wa he laughing at! He said because it had to had been made for short people! Because his knees were up a bit high and no, he didn't look very comfortable at all! LOL :o) It fits me! lol My daughter is taller then me as well!

Oh...this, you're not going to believe! Because my husband and I were shaking our heads this morning! :o) I'm on the computer and he's sitting on the couch. He asked me if I seen lightening? I laughed and said ...uh,no! lol Well...It did and it thundered too! We had a thunder storm this morning with snow still on the ground! lol Which will melt it. Well...like I learned in kindergarden...March in coming in like a lion, and it will (should) go out like a lamb! :o) It just stopped, but it was so nice to hear the rain! It lulls me to sleep! Well, not this time it didn't! :o) It was still nice to hear. ;)
Yesterday when my home health aid was here, I showed her my one bed sore. She usually does my feet, so she knows what it looked like. She couldn't believe how much worse that has gotten! I asked her if she could go to CVS and ask the pharmasist what would be the best ove the counter thing for it, and I gave her the money to buy it. She came back with Neosporin! So, if anyone knows of anyone that needs help, and can't get to a doctor, thats what you use! I had my son dress it for me and yes, it grossed him out! lol But he did a really good job! :o)
I also called the doctor that prescribed the pain meds. for me and the nurse told me that I have to go to a pain clinic! So, that means that I go, get injected, it will go away within 3-4 days! And when it goes away, besides feeling the fibro. pains, I also feel the pain where I'd been injected! And that hurts as well too! I know, "Beggers can't be choosers." Well thats what I tought my kids! And I am very appreciative to just have one day without the pain too. Ok, see, I just talked my self into it! Thanks! See how much you guys help me! :o)
I'm going now...I don't want to get on everyone's nerves now! LOL :o)
Thank you all so very much for your emails and your very special comments! They really do help! :o) Gods blessings to you all! ;o)
For I was thirsty and you gave me drink. Matthew 23:35

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am glad you got the bedsore treated. Yes, we are going to have rains and floods..did you see that on the news? UGH!
love, lisa

Anonymous said...

You are the second person that said they are getting thubder storms! I want to hear thunder and see lightening! POUT POUT! We do not get those type of storms here in so cal. Anyway. I heard a term a few years back called the " new normal". That is what we live with every day since my husbands heart attack. Nothing will be the same as before the heart attack, so now we have a new normal. I do hope that your bed sore gets better soon.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

We had thunder storms last night too. Cold & windy today with talk of snow flurries. BRRRR
Need to get a Dr to treat that bed sore, not over the counter stuff. Neosporin is great on lots of things, but not a bed sore, unless it's just a tiny barely broken area. But if it's getting deep, see a DR asap.
Keeping you in ym prayers.
Sug

Anonymous said...

yes we have 30+ mph winds and storms here. temp raised to 55 over night first time to see that since mid jan. I m sorry about your pain wish I oculd make it better. I did take pics this morning finally to show you my streaks in my legs. I talked to the chir about it he made some adjustmetnes. Ihope you can get some help I ll see if this helps me any. I ll letyou know .

Anonymous said...

i smoke too lisa...i dont like to admit it because i knwo its bad but i'd like to quit someday
hope you are feeling well today
<3, em

Anonymous said...

Hon, be careful about that bed sore. OVer the counter stuff won't get rid of that, and if not taken care of it can get pretty bad. So sorry you're having such a rough time of it, but happy you have family who care for you. So many people don't.
Hugs, and love too,
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((Lisa)))))))))))))
 What about cutting the legs off the bed to make it shorter for you???? I know my parents have done that for my father, he has parkinsen. Mom falls into the bed now (LOL) but it easier for my father. For children are a god sent to you, hope my kids will do the same for me when the time comes.
All My Love
  Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm so sorry you are having problems getting into your bed...I see that you are laughing about it but I know you are putting on a brave front.
I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.
Wishing you a good day.
I know what you mean about pain but no one can ever know how someone else feels.
Don't you just wish you could let someone feel the way you do for just a few minutes.  Enough to give them more of an understanding.
It must be so frustrating.
Love you,
Donna