Top 10 Needs of People With Multiple Sclerosis and Their Significant Others
FromThe Journal of Neuroscience Nursing
The purpose of this study was to identify the needs of patients with multiple sclerosis (MS) and their significant others. A quantitative questionnaire, developed from focus groups and consisting of 75 needs statements, was administered to 353 MS patients and 240 significant others. Analysis produced rankings of the 10 most important needs of both groups. Rankings by the MS patients and significant others were similar. Three themes emerged. Psychosocial and other personal needs (relationship with physicians, the MS healthcare team, family, and friends) were ranked with high frequency. Information needs (information regarding MS or available support) and financial security were also ranked as important. The data validate the importance of interdisciplinary care for the MS population.
And this is mine....
Top 10 needs for me with ms and my significant other.
1. To have the support of my family and friends.
2. To know that my doctors are interested in me. To help me get better.
3. To be reassured and encouraged to maintain my positive out look in life.
4. To maintain control in my life.
5. To know that I've been heard.
6. To feel productive in my life.
7. For others to know that I'm still "me."
8. To be understood.
9. To recieve all of the information I can, and to learn as much as I can about ms.
10.To have financial security to do all I would love/like to do to make my life with ms better