Monday, August 6, 2007

~ A follow up~

I was given the permission to post this. If more people read about this...the more lives that can be saved, and children back at home!


The following is from her mother;


I am sitting here reading all of the stories on the site and tears are welling up in my eyes as I get sick to my stomach. How can this continue to go on and nothing be done about it, I don't understand. I myself have a 20 yr. old daughter that is into this. She answered an add in the paper 3 months ago and was gone before I had a chance to even say anything about it. She had a pre-paid cell phone when she left and I would hear from her every Sunday just letting me know where she was and that she was ok. Everyone of these phone calls however seemed odd to me, everything that I would say to her she would repeat then the others in the room would help her or coach her as to how to respond to me. After about a month the phone calls stopped and her cell phone had been turned off, you would have to know my daughter, she loves to talk and is the type that normally would not be able to survive without her cell phone. After a few weeks of not hearing from her she came home, she had this week off planned when she was first hired, she had plans with all of her friends and such. When she got here she had nothing to say about the time she had been gone and when ask questions about her job she would get mad and just say you don't understand. To make a long story short she was like a caged animal here and was just different, she began to find things to fight about with everyone in the house and then before I knew it she was saying she was going back where she was happy, she made a phone call and then was gone within hours. (she was only here for a total of 20 hours)


Again time went by that I did not hear from her, did not have a clue what state she was even in. Around the first of July a collect call came into the house it was her she said she had been arrested then the call was cut off. I later found out you had to set up an account with the jails to receive these calls so they were cut off within about 3 words. I then began to try to find her, I called the 1800 number for her company but only got recordings, leaving a message every time saying I needed to know what state she was in, no reply.


I began looking on the computer searching data bases for jails and such and if they didn't have one I would call. After 2 straight days of doing this I finally found one that said yes we have her, she was in long island new York. I found out as much as I could about where she was and why she was there then I proceeded to borrow money from everyone I knew so I could go to her. Money is very tight here and we barely get by so this was not easy. Right before I left for the airport I finally got a call from her crew they said they knew she had been arrested but they didn't know exactly where she was, at this time I find that it had been a week since she had been arrested. I was told that I could stay at the same hotel as them and I could use their discount and for me to call them when my plane landed. I did so and they told me where they were. I got a taxi to take me there and once I got there I was greeted and able to get my room. That night I got a taxi to take me to the jail to see her, she was not in good shape at all she had lost about 30 pounds since I had seen her and she was an emotional mess, she had never been in trouble before in her life. All she kept saying to me while I was there is I want to go home. The next day I could not go see her due to finances, it cost around $200.00 round trip to the jail for the taxi. That night some girls from her crew came to my room and told me that they could drive me to the court house the next morning for her court date. Of course I took them up on this as the court house was farther than the jail. In the morning we got a call from the crew manager wanting to know if we wanted coffee before we left to go and told us how he would pick us up after court and if she got out that he would take us to the jail to get her, we were happy to see that they were willing to help us out. We were drove to the court house and dropped off, where we were able to pay a large fine to get her released. When we were picked back up we told him we needed to go to the jail to get her, he said ok, we had to wait in the van in front of the courthouse for a little while because it was across the street from the bus station and he was picking up 2 new crew members. Once they were in the van we could leave, the manager seemed real nice and was just having general conversation with us, we told him that as soon as we had our daughter the first thing we wanted to do was get hera pack of smokes then take her out to eat. The next thing we knew we were back at the hotel not the jail. He said that he figured it would take a while before she could actually get released and he had some quick errands to run then he would be back to get us. It all seemed to make sense to us so we said ok. After about half hour we got a call from him and he told us he was in the area of the jail and he had others in his car with him so he would just go ahead and pick her up and bring her straight back to the hotel to us, I was very upset but being out of funds I had no choice, I just wanted her back with us. He did not bring her back to the hotel till about 3 hours later, he had gotten her smokes and taken her out to eat. When she got out of the car she said we needed to talk, she proceeded to tell us that the owner of the company had called her and he offered her a promotion if she stayed he also told her that he would pay us back all the money we had spent on the trip before we left that night all if she would stay, they convinced her that was the best thing for everyone. She agreed, I tried to tell her it was not about the money I just wanted to take her home, her only reply was they said you would say that, but in a few weeks when you don't have money for the bills you will blame me. I could not change her mind on this. Our flight was that night, when we left they still had not come through on their end of the deal they made with her and we had to leave without her, it was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. That was July 13th and I have not heard from her since then, I have tried calling the hotel but they have moved on. I still cry daily and I feel so helpless, I am scared for her. I dont know where to turn from here, any help you can give me would be more than appreciated. I have also posted it on my myspace and E's myspace and have sent letters to most of the ohio newspapers asking them to please not run the ad, I sent them the sites so they can check it out for themselves also. Hopefully some of them will refuse to run it from now on.


Those ads run in the help wanted almost daily! It may sound like something good to do, but this is what it's about....! Please...beware of the ads that say do you want to see the world! Paid training! It's bogus! I hope someone will see this and it will help someone. Or...if someone might know more about this "group."
Thank you for reading this.


 


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

how horribly sad

Anonymous said...

What a sad & scary story.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Lisa that is so sad and scary, thank you for posting, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

I hope she is ok. Sad that there are sick people in the world like this. Praying that she comes home soon and safe.
I feel so bad for Rhonda. :(
love ya mom

Anonymous said...

Wow Lisa, that's a really sad and scary read you had today.  Can't the police/FBI get involved in something like this and stop this.  Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting, I hope that more people will. I wish I would of known all this info months ago, Elisha would still be here even if I ended up in jail for holding her here against her will, at least she would be safe.  Please inform everyone you know about this in hopes of keeping these kids home.
love ya
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Thes kind of stories make me so angry Lisa.and it's such a shame that so many young people are so vunerale.I do hope something is done soon about this whole matter and I will keep your friends daughter in my prayers that she returns home one day safe and sound.I don't realy know any answers myself only that carn't the police get involved at all, or do you have a free missing persons bureau,over there your friined could contact etc..Or could the mother send her daughters picture around the net to see if anyone recognises her at all,or has seen her anywhere ? It's a nightmare thinking about it.That poor mum my heart goes out to her.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMS

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Scary, Lisa. Have heard of this once or twice before.

Anonymous said...

they sound like a right bunch of cowboys but i take it no one can do anything about them

http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/ramblings-of-a-married-man/

Anonymous said...

This is certainly sad. Too bad no matter where you live ther are always child predators in some form or another.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

i have never heard of this and i pray this mom finds her daughter and gets her away from these terrible people.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this story.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

My heart breaks for this woman and her daughter. I hope and I pray she finds her and brings her home to stay. ((((((hugs)))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

LISA.  If you read this please answer!  I know I am late commenting, but I was gone on vacation.  Isn't 21 a legal age in all sttates?  Or is it 18 for girls and 21 for boys?  My husband just said he thinks it varies by state.  When we were young (a very long tme ago)  I was just 18 when we got married.  Daae was 18 too, but we had to have his father sign permission for us.  That was in Iowa.  I don't know what the current laws are.  But you know in this day and age, they should be universal, and I think they should be 21 for all.  Too many kids get into trouble simply by making mistakes, minor ones at first.  There are STILL loving parents that would do something IF they had the law and money to do them. This is so sad.  I hope this eventually has a good ending, but I fear it may not.  This is so sad and it made me cry. If you hear more information on this, please constact me.

Love,
Merry