Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sad.

We had a member of our family pass away last night. :o( She hasn't been well for the past month, and her left hip was going out. Yesterday, her right hip went out on her, and wasn't able to get around. It progressed throughout the day, and then late last night, she passed. :o( The whole family is greiving. :o( But knowing that she is in heaven makes me feel better. She made such an impact on all of our lives. We will all miss her. She was in my prayers last night.


When God gives you something, like an illness that is not curable, you must make the best of your life. There are many changes that happen. As in things that you can no longer do. Which in my case, I already greived my losses, and have excepted what I have and moved on. I do what I am able to do now, which in my eyes, is better then not being able to do them at all. I am very grateful for that. However, writing about my life and what I go through with having this disease, has helped others to understand fibromyalgia a little bit more. I've meet knew friends that have fribo that I still keep in contact with. I don't feel that when I talk about my pain, and what I'm going through in my days are constant complaints. I would like to know from others that do have this disease if you think that this is a self indulged illnes? In my opinion, how can it be? And do you feel that I'm being selfish in writting about what I go through? I would love to hear from others. In my life, through every obsticle that comes along, I get through it, and move forward. I beleive if you don't, you will become stuck in a rut. I just ride the waves that come along. You have to live your life to the fullest. And that has always been my motto. I have faith in God, and I have put my health problems in His hands. I know He will take care of me and watch over me every second. My doctor has asked me to start a journal awhile back, (the reason I started this one) to help me get through this illness and to meet others like me as well. Since I am not able to write for a long period of time, Thats why I decided to have an on line journal. I'm an honest straight forward person, and I write my opinions on what is going on in my life. Which does not mean that I am complaining, Think I'm the only one like this, or not moving on with my life in a positive way. My doctor and my physical therapist are very proudof the way I'm dealing with this as well as everone else that knows me. I use this journal as therapy as well, and it helps.


All morning yesterday, I was calling about a scooter or a motorized wheel chair. I finally came across some good news. I have an appointment in February. I was down to 3 more phone calls, after going through 3 pages of numbers, and the help from the city's Manager. A break through! :o) I'm a person that will not stop to help myself. If you don't help yourself through things, then how would you expect others to help you? Thats how I feel any ways. I was raised that way, and to be honest and respectful to myself and others. I'm still going to call the others numbers to see their qualifications. But I do have a good feeling about the appointment. :o)


I also found out yesterday that we are not to go into our neighbors property. A policeman called me to let me know that our neighbors were very concerned that we might be doing this! I honestly couldn't beleive what I was hearing! We have no reason to do that, and no one has. I can't wait until this spring, because my husband would like to put up am 8 ft. fence! YAY! Then we can have our own little oasis! :o) I'd love that! :o) We do know that changes need to be made for a happier summer. It gets old after awhile hearing lies and words of anger and selfishness. What I truly need from others is support, not people that think I'm being selfish and negative. If you don't understand fibormyalgia, then you have no idea what it's like to live life with it with out the support from others that will put you down first, before helping.


God bless you all. :o)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Honey I'm so very sorry for you and the family. How's Jim taking it ? I had no idea she was sick. She seemed fine Sunday when I was there. I will greatly miss her also,she was my grandpuppy. I love you honey and my prayers are with you and the family.
mommy :0(

Anonymous said...

OMG lisa Im sorry are you and everybody ok I didnt know she was that sick are you sure nobody poisend her or anything like that are you sure it was natrual causes she wasnt that old........Im glad to hear there is light for you at the end of your tunnel for your chair though...love ya

Anonymous said...

Thank you. The vet said that the cocker in her normally has bad hips. :o( And her right one went out first, then last night, the left one. :o( He took her to the vet, and he couldn't do anything for her. :o( :o(
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You know the saying mom....You can't choose your neighbors. OMG the fence would be lovely. Our own privacy. Their time will come mom. It's kinda sad that you have to close your blinds in your own home worrying that you don't have your own privacy. Come live with me in my apartment complex. I love you mom!! In life you need to work hard to get what you want and what you need. Just don't let this get to you..you now why they are doing this just to get to you. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Get a better life instead of getting into others!

Question of the day: What is the difference between a thief and a liar?

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt put up a fence if I were you. Let the neighbors do it, she was always bragging about how much money that they have so they should be able to afford it. Just because they are being child like is no reason for you to have to go into debt. It is their barking dogs that need to be fenced in and while they are doing the fence perhaps they will have the tree limb cut down that is hanging over onto your property. It is sad that some people dont have a life of their own so they must feed off of others. They speak of not wanting drama although they keep creating it. can we say hypocrite!

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for your comments. I agree, if someone doesn't want any conflict in their lives, they are sure doing the opposite. And not knowing what my beliefs are and calling us evil people? That is judging. I do hace faith in God, and I do believe in God. But, again, I have nothing to prove to anyone. God knows. And I for one am very tired of all of this nonsence of talking about us publicy when I am asked not to do that to them! Please stop this stupid childish pettiness! I just lost my dog, and am greiving right now. If you want to act in the manner that you are, you are not getting to me like you might want. In my eyes, No one lives next door to me. And for someone to keep writting about the same people in each entry looks as if they are the ones that are jealous. We aren't. We have all we need. And for someone that changes their entries from months ago, and the comments that show the same date and time, proves you might have something to hide. And not excepting any comments? Hmmm? The truth comes out. Who's the lier and thief?
Lisa

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Carolyn
http://journals.aol.com/shelt28/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much Carolyn.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

My friend,  it would also appear that I am not getting alerts either because I did not know you had posted.  Well, you know my feelings.  We share a common loss.  Bless you.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

My Dear Lisa,
I to am very sorry for you loss.
I do not think your disease is a self-indulged one any more than mine is. As you know I also have fibro and mine is progressing slowly but progressing none the less. My family is finally beginning to understand some of the pain and uncomfortableness I go through at times. Fibro would be self indulged if you gave it to it, which I believe you do not. All of us that have this nasty disease must ride the waves as they come. I do have some really bad days and some really good ones. They all balance out in the end or so I believe. Like you I also like writing a public journal so I can have feed back from others with and without fibro. It does make the bad days a little easier to tolerate.
As for your nasty neighbors, I agree with akapussinboots let them be the one to build the literal fence, as it seems they have already put up a figurative one. And try not to let them get to you anymore than necessary. They have drawn a line and be careful you don't cross it. Sounds like they are just looking for a reason to cause you some more trouble.
I'm here for you if you need me to be.
I have sent out some letters on your behalf to places I found that could possibly help you with either a hot tub or motorized wheel chair or scooter. I gave them your email address and phone number. Hope you hear from some one soon that can offer you some much needed assistance.
Blesssings
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Oh Dianne! Thank you so much! Again as I said before, it's people like us that are the givers. :o) I agree with aka as well. Yes, our nieghbors have been very trying. Why? I don't know. She boasts on how well taken care of she is, and how much they have and what they have and what they get, but why? I could care lees. All I'm doing is working on my needs not wants. And it does help me to write in this journal, my doctor said that it is a very good idea since I have almost lost the ability to write. And it was my nieghbor that said that my illness was self indulged. Actually, her actually words were " One gets tired of hearing lies and words of anger, pitiful selfhness and constant complaints of self indulged illnesses.Live life to the fullest- then put a fence around it and it will be the happiest place in the neighborhood." In my opinion....if she doesn't like what I write, then why in the hell does she read my journal? I would give anything to be able to move back to our old house and have the others neighbors back with open arms! And I thought they were odd. I don't think that anymore. Thank you so much for your help and your support. :o)
Lisa