Tuesday, October 10, 2006

~The Present~


I sincerely hope by writing my past few entry's that I haven't scared anyone away! lol :o) Yes...I am getting much better on acceptance! :o) Keep praying, God hears us all! :o) I am able to touch my shoulder with my finger tips now! YAY! If you only knew what that feeling is like!!! I missed being able to do that! :o) Being able to touch my shoulder with the opposite arm's fingers! Yesss! That is such an accomplishment! Everything else is still the same. But, I'm ok with that. Just weird though.

I've been having a lot of problems with my journal alerts. Has anyone else? I'm not getting them all. Just wondering. Of course...it could be what ever type of jouranl they are using today. lol Who knows?! :o)
Last week, I got an email from my sister that is a nurse and lives in Kettering, which is basically in Dayton. A bit of a drive for me. She told me that she is getting married! YAY! :o) I am excited for her! She said that we were invited at 7:00 and was sending us an invitation. I recieved the invitation the next day. It is at a Temple downtown. I and everyone else here "assumed" it was her wedding. Not! I wrote her another email and asked her who was standing up with her, etc....this is what was sent back;
         
we are getting married at my house at 3:30. You  are more than welcome to come here for the wedding we are just having family here for that then the reception at 7. But I would love for you all to be at both... You are my only sissy ya know!!
How would you take that? I am family! I was never told about the 3:30 wedding! Anything at all! It hurt my feelings. I'm only good enough for a party? So much went through my mind when I got this! This email was after I wrote back to her, and after I recieved the invitation! Oh well. It kind of made me feel like I wasn't good enough to be there anymore. I even asked her if she knew anything about SMS?! She's a nurse! In my last entry....some of those were from her. :o( Yes...I have a sister thats a nurse! And I'm dying! What a concept! LOL Too funny! :o) It almost sounds like a joke! lol I do wish her nothing but the best! :o)
Other then the goodnews about me being able to touch my shoulder....I'm doing good. :o) I got some sleep last night. Always a good thing! :o) Not much more going on that I am able to write about. I do however would like to thank all of you for your comments and emails! :o) God bless all of you!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Morning! You used same graphic I used again! LOL
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're getting better, funny how we miss simple things yet don't even give them a thought while we have them! No, you haven't scared me away, I'm made of stern stuff! Lol! Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I feel for you. I have days like that. The littlest things are a triumph!. My prayers are with you.
God Bless,
Liz

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are feeling a bit better.....i am also glad your sister invited you...maybe she is so busy she overlooked the invite to the wedding. i hope you all are able to go!
hugs,lisa

Anonymous said...

Oops, didn't know you hadn't finished the entry! I think I'd be quite upset that you never got to hear about the wedding ceremony too! I'd have to ask her if she did it intentionally if she were my sister. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you made some progress; no matter how small.  I agree with Lisa Jo.  Since she is your only sister, I would just e-mail her and ask her about it.  Love the tag at the top.  HUGS  Chris

Anonymous said...

Good news about touching your shoulder. I'll bet that felt wonderful

Hugs,

Deb

Anonymous said...

Boy, sisters!  I do suppose she thought since she sent you that message that you could of course come to the wedding, too, that she thinks that made it okay.  At least she loves you, and wants you to come!  But , my first reaction would have been just like yours.  My sister lives in AZ, she & I don't communicate.  It breaks my heart...
Merry

Anonymous said...

Im with everyone else on this with your sister, get her asked. im thrilled you can touch your shoulder.i hope your day is a good one
love and hugs
katie

Anonymous said...

I have to comment on you being able to touch your shoulder.  It really brought alive the meaning of appreciating what you've got. or appreciate your blessings in life to me!  I am happy for you, Lisa.  I think everything I do today, I'll think how lucky I am to be able to do it.  Thank you Lisa, for teaching me so much.  God Bless you.
Merry

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hummm?? Do you think that maybe she rushed a date and was planning and just got side tracked...Being that she loves the heck out of ya and you her...Funny sometimes we put the ones we love on the last of our list thinking they will understand??  I think you should just ask her...she may have an answer that will make sense to you?  ON ANOTHER NOTE...DOING THE HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU!!!! AM SO GLAD THAT YOU HAVE MADE SOME PROGRESS WITH TOUCHING YOUR SHOULDER!!!!  KEEPING YOU IN MY PRAYERS FRIEND!!! BIG, BIG, HUGS, TERRYANN

Anonymous said...

Lisa, maybe your sister had a last minute change of plans , I hope you will be able to go , let me know how it goes, Love Ya and Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I prolly would have taken it the same way but maybe she had last minute plan change.  I'm glad you made some progress.
Hugs,
Dana