Wednesday, December 1, 2004

.....feeling better?

I finally got some sleep last night. YESSS! I didn't do too much yesterday. I went with my daughter, to her OBG/YN appointment. He says she's doing fine.


When we came home, my one sister was here. I wasn't expecting anyone to be here, so it starteled me. All I wanted to do was to take a nap. By the time we got home, I had already been up for at least 8 hours, and I really needed to rest, so my body could feel a little better. I think it was going on 2:00 by the time she left. I then layed down. I got up, and no one was around. Everyone else must have went to bed too. I tried yelling for help, when I was in the kitchen, but I didn't get any responce. I came in and used the innercom to call my son, no responce. I really needed help in the kitchen, because I can't peel poatoes! My hands can't do that kind of work anymore. So....again, to get anything done in this house, you have to do it yourself, or it won't get done! I sat down at the table, and it took me over an hour to peel just a few potatoes out of a 5 pound bag! My hands were useless afterwards. :o(


After all of that, yes of course I was in much pain. I'm not to sit with my feet dangling. Plus, my hands. My left knee is getting better. I think. It appears that most of the fluid on my knee cap is gone. But, my thighs are still very swollen. And...yes..everything else hurts. Everything I've written about before. I don't feel like typing it, because it's too long. I'm taking today off!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I might make a suggestion? It's just a little thing - just don't peel the potatoes. Scrub them well under running water and cut them up or whatever you want to do to them. If anyone else complains - let THEM peel them!! Seriously you have to "draw the line in the sand". As long as you keep doing things people will let you. And your family MUST understand this. If no one is around to help peel the potatoes - cook rice, or pasta, or call for take out. Put yourself first.