Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Nothing happened.


Good morning! :o)
Ok, I went to the doctors yesterday morning thinking that I had to have the scope done on my throat. At least thats what I was told anyways. I get there and am ready. :o) Nope....it was just a consoltation! What? I was prepared for the scope! lol My mom took me and we had to go back to this other room. It took 2 plus hours for this! Wow! :o) They had to know my medical history and I had to know what was planned for me! Whoa! I do know that my eyes were wide open a few times because the doctor told me to relax and no need to be so wide eyed! LOL :o) Well, I thought so anyway! Whew! I haven't seen this doctor since 2001, so I had a lot of new things to let him know about and there were things that I forgot I had! Geesh! I will look them up and try to find some information to post them on here. And what I'm going to have to go through!

Tomorrow will be my first test. I don't remember the name of it, but, I do remember what will be done! Remember; these tests were ordered only becuase I'm having trouble swallowing! I have been for years, but has gotten worse. Ok, what will be done is, the doctor will be inserting a tube in my nose, and down into my stomach until it is all the way to my colon. No...no locals or any kind of numbing or anything at all! Because I'm not allowed to swallowing, cough, sneeze, etc...! So, I have to let them do this to me! Yikes! And without trying to smack them off of me! This will be a hard test for me to go through. Then I will have another test like and x-ray where I have to eat something like a caoted cracker so they can see how my muscles work. Another test is he's going to put a little tube down my throat and there is a little ballon that he will pump up to force open my throat, which I will have to keep having that done for the rest of my life! The next test is where is will be putting a larger tube, looks like a garden hose to me, down my throat, I'll have numbing, (Whew) to see my muscles again but in a different way! The last test will be putting yet another tube down my throat to take some kind of a culture and possible something else....by that time....I was in a state of not wanting to hear anymore, so I didn't hear anymore! I do know that, that would be the last test, if everything goes ok! Good Grief! Those tests are in January 2, 5 and the 8th! I'm booked up!
Then I was asked if I had any problems with my bladder!? Where did that come from! ROFLOL! :o) From one end to the other! LOL :o) It snapped me out of my little "not wanting to hear anymore" state of mind! I said that yes, I do have problems with that. And said how! :o) :::blushing::: Maybe it had to do with the last time I had seen this doctor. I had to have a colonoscopy done. It was fine, just a few pulips that were ok. Whew! :o) I will never in my life ever forget that test! I just have to tell this story! And this really happened! LOL My husband took me to have this test done. Now, the people that know him, know his sense of humor..lol...he kills me! lol He told me while we were in the waiting room waiting for me to go back for the test if I could ask the doctor, while he was in the area, if he could just go ahead and get that burr out while he could! ROFLOL!!!! :o) That doctor is so nice....and they gave me my medicine and I can remember Jim at the side of my bed, a nurse and I was feeling no pain! :o) When I got in the operating room, I told the doctor to wait a minute, and that while he was there, if he could get the burr out first because my husband wanted him to!!! LOL :o) He and all of the nurses were laughing and the doctor told me that that was the first time he's heard that one and he said he's heard a lot of things! LOL And the doctor still remembers it! LOL Too funny! :o) When my husband takes me to any of my tests, thats what he does, he does things or will say things to make me laugh so my mind is off of what's about to happen! :o)
Ok....I've just embarresed myself now...lol...so I think I need to get off of here now! LOL :o) Pray for me for tomorrow! :o) Thank you all for your supportive emails and comments! :o) God bless all of you! :o)


Tags:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah my hubby has a werid sense of humor that way too. I dont like things in my face or throat so I dnot know ifthey could do that Im extrodinarily clausterphobic

Anonymous said...

I will keep you in thoughts and prayers for your tests to go well. your hubby is funny. hope you have a good day. (((((((((hugs))))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Have you in my prayers, that test will go well. {{{{ }}}}
Blessings, Sug

Anonymous said...

Many many prayers are going to be going up for you! Everything will be fine!
love ya,
carlene

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Keeping you in my thoughts today that your test goes well, Hugs Always Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Errr, that doesn't sound like something I'd want to do... well, I'm sure no one likes having those things, lol. But I hope all goes well, you're in my prayers for sure.

Morgan
xxxx
http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

Anonymous said...

I know that you will do fine!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Test's sounds rough...but you are tough girl, you can do it.
Sounds like you have a great husband.
So, did they take out the bur or not?? lol
No need to be embarassed.
Good luck tomorrow.
Xo
Donna

Anonymous said...

sorry about all the testing hang in there :) love vicky