Thursday, January 18, 2007

~can't sleep~


Hello! Well, I just can't sleep right now. I have a few things on my mind, thats all. :o) Nothing too serious. :o)
One thing, I still can't get that comercial out of my head that I seen the other night! And now I see it all the time! It really bothers me to no end!
I know I shouldn't let things bother me like things like that, but it does. Maybe because it has happened to me, and I know it happens to everyone and it's so sad.
When people say, they will "help" you, and don't! Like the comercial says, " They almost helped.....!" Well then why even say you will, when you know down deep that you're not! People like me kind of depend on others help! Does that makes any sense to others that are not like people like me?

Or, when someone says, "I've changed my mind...!" Whats that all about? Why? I raised my children to help others! My children will help others like if we are out and they see someone that are having trouble with too many shopping bags, my son will automatically go and help, or help with groceries, things like that. And he will not except any money for his help! :o) Nor will my daughter! :o) All it is, is they are giving ....and it didn't hurt them to help someone they didn't know. Or if they didn't like them, we are all God's children! Would God turn his back on you, or would God "almost"help you? Yes...I am thinking positive, it's the people that doesn't help others out are the ones that aren't! Sad! I put positve out into this world, and positive comes back to me and my family!
I just feel that others need to learn to help instead of "almost" help! How hard is it? Geesh! Espeically others that can offord it. Or to just give an hour of companionship. that would even help. No one realizes how it truly is to be stuck in your home for so long. All I'm trying to do is to get a point across! And I hope I do it! Stand in my shoes for 5 minutes. Thats all. Then you'll know and understand.
No...I don't wish this on anyone at all. Just trying to help others! :o)


Lisa


 

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't sleep either! I only averyage about 4 hrs a night, & that's a hour at a time! GRRR
Havr Drs appt tomorrow for ne problem. :(
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I understand tottally

Anonymous said...

It's only 830pm here so I haven't tried to sleep yet. But, I hope I can because I'm working in the morning.  I hope you can sleep eventually.  It's been so cold here at night.  Stay warm.  
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope your able to get some sleep. (((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

hope you can get some sleep:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

One never knows who they are helping.  Could be Jesus.

Your children sound like mine.  Of course, now that I am sick I depend on them more.  Especially since my family lives out of state.  But, I have learned to compensate.   I hired two women to come in and clean my house every two weeks.  The laundry piles up most of the time.  Some days my family has to fend for themselves for dinner.

It's funny because now that I am disabled people see me differently.  I am no longer the over achiever I once was.  Most of the time it take all my energy just to take a shower.  I can no longer participate in activities I used to with my friends.  Most of which are gone now.  I think that people just don't know how to "deal" with me (or anyone who is sick).  It's hard for them.  Especially with people like us who have invisible illnesses.

Don't get me wrong I am not complaining.  Since I got sick I have a better relationship with my husband and children.  I see love more clearly now.  I know what is important and what is not.

Sorry this is so long.  I just started to write and couldn't stop.  I enjoy reading your journal very much.  Thank you for sharing your life.

Gentle hugs, LuAnne
http://journals.aol.com/thebaabee/LUANNESLIFELIVINGWITHLUPUS/
http://stores.ebay.com/OCCUPY-MY-TIME

Anonymous said...

I hope you can get some sleep, Lisa.  I am always moved by your entries.  I put an entry in my own journal based on what you mentioned about that commercial.  Hop on over to check it out.
Hugs,
Gina
http://journals.aol.com/motoxmom72/GinasWeigtLossJourney  

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lisa, hope you can get some sleep, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hang in there hun.
Remember all the love we have for you in J~land. You and your family are wonderful people that give help and strength to others. Never forget that.

*love and *HUGS*

Ste
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Stranger helped me on free-way last week with a flat...or did I already tell you?
He must have been my guardian angel...he didn't want to take anything, so I shoved a $20 in his jacket and told him it wa $1...if I had to have called a tow truck who knows how long I would have waited and expensive.
XO
Donna

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Boy do I know what you mean.
Hugs & love
Ang

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should watch some more t.v. because I have not seen that commercial yet. But I do believe in helping others.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way about seeing the abused kids that you do about that commercial. I hope you are doing well.
LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

i feel the same way about seeing the abused kids that you do about that commercial. I hope you are doing well.
LOVE, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
For some reason I have gotten this alert twice...so I thought I would tell you I haven't seen the commercial.  But, I sure can sympathize with you.  It's hard for me with the stairs and my arthritis in the mornings, any help my son gives me is a great help.
Sorry you can't sleep.  Have you tried Ambien??  My dr. gave me the CR (controlled release), it knocks you out quickly and then slowly seeps into your system all night, so you don't wake in the middle of it.  He gave me samples, otherwise it's too expensive, but it is awesome.
Love you,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
You know you are so right!  Almost help isn't help!   And as far as offering time to someone else, I thought a lot about that today.  I am pretty much stay at home person, now too, with my physical problems.  But I can still drive, and if I knew where to offer help, I could certainly be a companion to other people.  Hmmm don't know where to go to volunteer "visiting services." If you do know email me privately, okay?  Thanks, sweetie, and hang in there.  Hope you sleep better soon.  I have had a heck of a time with that one myslef.  People do NOT KNOW how hard it is to go on an hour or two ONLY of sleep, until it happens to them! Love, Merry