Sunday, January 21, 2007

Pain


I'm still awake and up. All day, I've still been battling this horrid headache! I've taken 2 of my migriane pills! And thats the limit that I'm allowed to take! And I still have it! Ouchie!
I took a nice hot relaxing bath after I got up from a nap. I thought that maybe it might help. Nope, it didn't. It's been days since I've been able to wash my hair! :o( Yuck...it just feels so nasty! :o( I'm not able to do it, my arms and shoulders just can't reach that high to do it. :o( If I had the money, I'd go to a salon and have them do it for me. That would be so nice! :o)

I have NEVER hurt this bad! I just do not know what to do! I've tried and done everything that I know and nothing has helped at all! Believe this one....I even thought of going to the ER! Thats how bad I feel! I need relief! I really need some kind of help! My physical therapist will be here in the morning, but doing the deep massage isn't going to get to the other places that are hurting me. Honestly....I need help! This is the first time that I've been this way. I've prayed and prayed. I was sitting in my bed crying and my daughter came in and asked if I was crying, and I said no. Well...She could tell, and then she quoted something funny from a movie that made me laugh! lol :o) Then gave me a hug! :o) My son came home from Columbus, and he came in and gave me a hug and asked if I was alright. :o) God bless them. :o) He gave me 2 more of his band's window decal's! :o) I'm glad, because I gave mine away to my younger sister. :o)
I feel like if I could crack open my head and my back where my spine is and get in there to grab ahold of what ever it is that is killing me with this horrid pain, I would feel some relief! Then, my hips. Just get them replaced! They don't work anymore. And neither do my upper arms and shoulders! I need new shoulders as well. I'm even having alot of facial pain. gggrrr!
I don't mean to go into so many things, but this is what I'm living, and this is my life! This is what I have to cope with. This is what I pray to God for, for His strength for me to get through this.
Even if I did go to the ER...what could they do for me to help me? I have no idea. Probably nothing.
I want to thank all of you for you comments and emails! They help me to get through my days! :o) Gods blessings to all of you! :o)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Lisa I'm so sorry you are in pain, I hope you do'nt have to go to the ER, keeping you in my prayers, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so sorry that the medication isn't helping.  I often use an ice pack on my head.  I use the flat kind, and tie it on with a scarf.  It looks ridiculous, but it helps.  I am still awake too.  Wide eyed and ready to listen if you want to talk.  Saying prayers for you!!

Anonymous said...

Actually, I know of other people who have gone to the ER for severe headaches and were given an injection of some sort.  The facial pain always worsens when my migraines flare up.  I feel so badly right now.  I wish there was some way I could help you.  If this doesn't let up, I would definitely consider the ER.  

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I'm sorry.
If you went to ER they'll give you something strong for pain.
Maybe you need to talk to your dr. about something more effective.
I have darvocet and they aren't that strong, lortab- vicodin, stronger, oxycocodone.
Love you,
Donna

Anonymous said...

sorry your feeling so bad. when w e first went off comercial drugs on herbs we felt so bad for the first year and the pain nad problems so big. it took that long for our bodies to adjust and learn to heal. I know its so hard. I hope your well soon

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((Lisa))))))))))))))))))
Try some coffee. It has always worked for me, but you need to go to the ER they have better stuff and maybe it will knock you out so you can get some sleep too.
Your in my thoughts always
 Cindy

Anonymous said...

So sorry I hope the pain subsides soon take care love vicky

Anonymous said...

i know what your going through. i have had this shoulder pain for 3 days now, it is driving me totally nuts. i hope today is better for you. ((((((hugs)))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Lisa, i just found your journal and i have FM, disk problems in the neck, osteoarthritis.  I take maxalt for migraines, they did have me on relpax or tried to switch me i should say and that just wasn't strong enough so i went back to maxalt.  my nuerologist told me that if my maxalt didn't work at the maximum dosage it would be ok to take one of my percocet for pain and that does help.  if you go to the ER they can give you something stronger to help the pain i am sure.  i am writing this late into your posting this so i hope you are feeling better but i can relate so much to what you are feeling, not being able to wash your hair etc.  so many people don't understand this or believe us even because we "look" ok but feel so horrible.  i will keep you in my prayers. ((hugs)) charmaine

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the ER, at least with you they might be able to give you a strong pain reliver to help temporarily, with me there is no pain med that will help my TN, so the ER is out.
As for your hair, you have your dtr to help, get her to shampoo you while you're in the shower or bath. :)
Hugs & prayers, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I do hope that ou feel better soon. Our son gets those head aches and the whole house stopps when he get one. No one is allowed top make a sound or other wise he will scream in pain.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

That does not sound very nice at all, Lisa. Hope it's gotten better through the day

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I have had some terrible migraines that have lasted for days, but I cannot imagine living with the kind of pain that you are living with on a daily basis.  My heart goes out to you.
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages