Wednesday, January 17, 2007

~Thats life~


Good Afternoon! Yes...I'm late today....! :o) Last night, I was up until almost 3:00, because of the pain of my back/spine and my left leg. I did take a pain pill, but it didn't really do much. Just enough to relax me, which was good...I needed help to sleep. :o) It gets pretty hard to get in a position to sleep when you are in alot of pain, plus to try and relax as well. :o)
I had my heating blanket up on 9 to try and help the pain. I'm just going to get my heating pad out as well today and use the heating blanket. :o) With both, it has to help. ;o)
My husband an I were babysitting our grandson last night. My daughter took her boy friend to the ER. He has laringitis and strep throat. (sp) He didn't go to work last night...I don't blame him. I gave my grandson a bubble bath..lol...boy does he love that! :o) He had so much fun! :o) My husband helped me out of course! :o)

I seen a comercial last night that I've never seen before, and I liked it. It was about "Almost helping someone!" Boy isn't that so true yet so sad at the same time. There is a lady sitting in a chair, and they say, so and so "almost" helped her, and so on. And if they all would have, she wouldn't be in the state that she was in at the time! It's sad when people will say that they will help you, and then don't/won't or change their minds. The sad thing is, is they have no idea what that person is going through in their lives and what they're counting on when they are told of the help, and it's not done for them. It's nothing but an empty promise. And when someone is in a situation as in a disability, they depend on others word. Not an "almost word," or, and I've "changed my mind word."

I'm in a graphic's group and thats where I'm getting all of these beautiful graphics! :o) Just beautiful they are! :o) I really love this graphic group! :o)
I'm really trying to ignore this pain....mind over matter. I'll do it eventually. :o)
My home health aid came already. :o) She's was able to do my laundry today because the water in the basement has finally gone down! :o) Plus, I also just like talking to her as well. :o) She's so nice. :o)
I cut my legs this morning while shaving...Good Grief! lol I always try to wait until I really need to shave! lol :o) I know...tmi...lol But It's so hard to shave my legs, I can hardly reach, and my legs don't turn like they should. ggrrr! Oh well! :o)
Well, just by sitting here...my left hip has gotten numb. Didn't take that long. Geesh! :o) Getting old isn't all that fun! lol :o)
So, I need to go! :o) Thank you all for your emails and comments! :o) God bless all of you! :o)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, hope you have a good day with no pain, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

yes you wonder how many ttimes someone is almost helped nad  wonder how many times I ALMOST HELPED Someone

Anonymous said...

I've seen those comercials. The one I like is where a family, 3 kids asleep with blankets in the car, & mom & dad going through a dumpster looking for food. It says a neighbor almost helped.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I have not seen that one yet, but you know me. I try to help everyone. I know that we should all be more willing to help other people, because you just do not know. I know that there are angles among us and what if we refuse to help an angel? I did not get much sleep last night either! LOL
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I haven't seen the commercial.
I do try to help people when I can as I never know when I may need it.
Last week for example I got a flat tire while on the expressway, luckily a man stopped withing 5 minutes, he said he saw me outside and turned around to come back.  What a guy!  I told him "you must be my guardian angel." When he was finished (and it was cold too) I tried to give him some money, he didn't want to take it... I crumpled it up and shoved it in his jacket.  Heck if I had to get a tow truck it would have cost me big time, I was pleased to give him $20.
I was back on the road in minutes...I couldn't believe it!
Sorry you are in pain, there's nothing worse.
Hugs,
Donna

Anonymous said...

those commercials are so sad. When any of us reach out and try to help OTHERS, it really helps US.  Some dont get that but i do. It takes a person with compassion to do such and there are lots of people walking around with no compassion. I am glad you made an entry, i always worry about you.
XOlj

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
That is so true.  People offer to help me all the time.  They say....."Call if you ever need anything."  I hardly call, but when I really do need something and call I usually hear, "I'll get back to you."  or "Today is not a good day, I just can't help today."
Hugs, Lu