Saturday, February 3, 2007

~Here I am again!~


                                 Good morning!
I do hope that all of you are alright, and are feeling at least up to par this morning. :o)
I have some good news! Well, it is to me! :o) In the Troy Daily News paper, My son and his band had a whole page dedicated just to them!!! Wow! :o) Thats the next town south of us! Our news paper really doesn't have anything in it, if we need to know anything, we buy their paper to find it out! lol And it's true! :o) But, They have pictures and interviews and everything! YAY! :o) They were practincing on Tuesday and a journalist came and did the interview and the pictures! :o) They play more in Troy anyways at The Brewry! I love that place! I used to go there just to dance! LOL :o) No kidding! And now my son plays in his band there! :o) My son had mentioned my grandpa/ his great grandpa and how he would play the drums, and would listen to the Big Bands when he was little with him! My son's favorite drummer was my grandpa's as well, Gene Croupa (sp)! :o) One of the other band members said that when they play, they have to keep up with Jason because he plays so fast! LOL :o) He's been playing most of his life! :o) And had a great teacher! :o) So, the band members really rely on mt son! Wow! :o) Seeing and reading it really made my day! :o) They are starting to really go places with their band! :o) To see these kids grow up with my son, and to see them now....it's just great! :o)

He took my camcorder with him last night when they were practicing, and got alot of my son! :o) I don't know how to put the stuff from the camcorder and load it on the computer yet...because I want to show off how he just plays when he goofs off as well! I'm very proud of him! :o) He really needs a full drum set here at home too to practice on...I'd love to hear that! :o) I love to hear him play! :o) And to think he just hears it once, and can play it through! And can't read music! :o)  They play tonight! YAY! :o) I would just love to go, and he would love for me to go too, but he gets worried that I might get hurt! :o)

My daughter got her scores yesterday, and is doing great! She's doing a 98% and a 96%! YAY! She came home and sat down on the couch and just exhaled big time! lol :o) I told her that she would be alright! :o) I'm so proud of her as well! :o) Well....I'm very proud of the both of my kids! :o)
This morning when I got up...it was 6 degrees out! Wow...I think this is the coldest it's been this year! Yikes! Big time bbbbuuurrr! Boy I don't like this cold weather! I dream of moving! Thats how bad I wish I could move out of this weather so my body could feel better. My doctor told me to, but again, I then told him...only if he pays for it! lol :o) He laughed! :o) Does the weather in Savanah Georgia (sp) get like this? I've always wanted to move there. Or anywhere in that state?
Anyone know about Mississippi? Just checking around. :o)
These northern states are just way too cold and unpredictable. My old body can't take it anymore. Or...how about a different country? How is the weather in other countries? :o)

Well....I have something on my mind that I really can't talk about in the journal or with anyone of my family members. I've been praying on this, because I know God will lead me in the right direction. I feel like I'm being pulled in two different ways. Uh! Oh well....I will get through this situation on my own. ;o)
I think I'll go now. :o) I need to get a few thing done. :o) Then, I need to rest my legs and my hips because they are hurting so bad, they're making my eyes leak! :o(
Thank all of you for your emails and ecards! Gods blessings to you all! :o)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lisa, How awesome about your son.  What a proud Mom you must be :).  I think for those of us with these conditions the best weather is to move west like Nevada and Arizona, other states I think are more damp unless I am incorrect on that.  Maybe Georgia is a good state?  I always heard we should be moving west but as you know I am up north from you and it was freezing cold up here this a.m. too at 5 degrees!  Right now it is a whopping 13 degrees.  Stay Warm Lisa and you are in my prayers.  ((hugs)) Charmaine

Anonymous said...

That is really interesting about your son and his band!  Congrats to him on making the paper and to your daughter as well on her scores!  Sounds like you've raised some great kids so congrats to you too! : )  Prayers for you.  Love ya, Shelly

Anonymous said...

Come on down to Bama Lisa!  No snow....not to cold except this week has dipped in the 20's.  My dr. told me to move to AZ because of my asthma but it's hotter out there so I moved back here.  That's so awesome about your son & daughter.  I know you're proud of them!  Take care and stay warm!
Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

that is so cool that your son and his band got a whole page, and your daughter is doing well too! You must be so proud of them!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your son. That's great news! I don't think there is anything that makes a parent as happy as knowing how happy their child is. Wish you could live where it's warmer. I know you'd feel better.
love & prayers
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/FROMBARBSSPIRITUALJOURNALS

Anonymous said...

great news for your son. I srue hope you get to feeling better and hear soon frm the tv show

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa, used to live Atlanta, GA and now in SC, trust me, we have had cold weather, down to 19 yesterday and we got snow, sleet and ice, so with the global warming going on, no place in that warm anymore.  Read with interest your article on your son, we used to live in Ti0pp City an hubby worked in Troy and we enjoyed the Brewery very much, even did New Years Eve there.  Thanks for bringing back great memories for me.  Will check your son out in the Troy paper, sounds like Jason's and his group are doing well.  And, your daughter got great scores, good for her. What ever is on your mind that you can't talk about, put it in the Lord's hands and keep optimistic dear.Take care.....Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

congrats to your son and way to go for your daughter
hope it gets warm soon
ttyl
<3 emily

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa. Come here to So Calif and it won't get below 30's at night.  It's pretty mild here in winter.  Congrats to your kids.
Hope you feel better and have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Wow your son's a drummer??  What type of music does he play?? That is so cool :)  I love drummers LOL...........  Where would a band be without one??  LOL
Well done to your daughter.  You wouldn't want to come over here to England.  Even though it's been fairly mild for the uk this week I don't think it's gonna stay that way lol

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I lived in TN for 4 years and Mississippi wasn't far from us.  In my opinion I would hate to live there.  It's hot and HUMID.  Also very humid in TN.  I hate humidity.  Also there isn't much in Mississippi...not much shopping or anything there.  Sounds like you need somewhere dry and warm.  And so do I...lol.
Very cool about your son and congrats to your daughter too.
It's cold here too, and windy, temp right now is 7, but with windchill it's just frigid.
Hope you get some relief with your hips.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

how awesome that they were interviewed! My assistant mgr on nights lives in Piqua and a few on days live in Troy.
I hope you have a happy Sunday.
XOXO lj

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how many times my family has talked about moving to either Fla., CA, NC, SC  anywhere south.  But you cannot rely on the way the weather is right now.  It is not like normal.  The South West got pummelled with an ice storm before us.  All this whacky weather, all these crazy hurricanes, tornados etc, are scaring me.  I believe all these changes, and breaking weather records is global warming.  I'm a tad bit hyper.  I just gulped down an iced tea, and my body is not used to caffeine.  But I was SOOO thirsty.  So, I am sitting here with my decaf coffee, and highly caffienated iced tea...I