Saturday, February 17, 2007

~My identity is gone~

This morning I thought I'd write about something that has been taken away from me. I don't know how to get it back. I get questioned by people when I show them my picture I.D.....they say that it doesn't "look" like me! I know that! But, what can I do about it? I've went back to this man so many times, and he does nothing but argue with me. I even had taken pictures in to show him. Again, an argument. I can'r afford to go to any other dentists in this area, so I'm stuck with him, and he knows this. I'm going to show you what I am talking about. I have pictures of me with my real teeth. Then you will see why I do not like to smile now. Plus, this is also the reason my face is disfiguring!

The tooth on the right is the one I went in for to be pulled, and that was it. I had a flipper, which is a partial plate with teeth on it. He was going to add one tooth, the one needed pulled onto it. Since I can't "feel," he had pulled all of my top teeth! I was mortified! To say the least! :o(

Not being able to bite, or chew my food properly, it has done my body bad things. :o( They do not fit at all! When I smile now, can you see my upper teeth?

Just another picture.

Remember when I was editor of the week? Take a look at my face. My jaw and cheek area is not right. It has "sunken" in. My identity is gone! No one recognizes me anymore. I can walk past someone I know, and they do not even aknowledge me.....because I look different! I can say " Hi" to them, and they not know me. That hurts. I feel that what that dentist did to me was so wrong. And sometimes I feel it was just mean.
I guess I wanted to write about this, so that you all know why I don't really smile much. Because you can't see my upper teeth.
Thank you for your comments! Gods blessings to all of you! :o)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you look totally beautiful in all the pics Lisa but i do understand when you get something done by a professional and it comes out in a way you dont like it that that can upset you so. You are naturally a pretty lady.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

you after 40 your jaw sets in fast.  I notice I have the same problem I could show you pictures also ofm e then and now. and I was watching my soap they had flash backs of brooke when she was young and now she is still pretty but her face is sinking in too. It maybe age!!!!!!! bad as I hate to say it. ugh!!!!!!!!! I can try to email you pics mabe it will make you feel better if you see pics. of others

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I think you're beautiful in all of your pics!
I know what you're talking about...due to my TN, they pulled ALL my teeth! Left me only 4 on the bottom (2 on ea side) to hold in the bottom dentures. Well, they never fit & due to my TN were so painful, I would seldom wear them (only for pics). And now can not even get them in my mouth at all, due to shift of those 4 teeth. I  can only eat soft foods, so I know what you mean!
But you are lovely, you have nothing to feel bad about. Remember our jaw lines change anyway after about 40. :)
Love ya,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I love all your pictures! My license doesn't look like me much either. We are not alone with that. In fact, my license says I am a blonde, my hair is now brown. Although my kids hate it, so I dont' know what I am going to do :( SIGH
Hugs
Ang

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I think you look beautiful...
I think you should be able to sue your dentist for pulling your top teeth without your permission though.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

I think you look beautiful in every pic here. I hope you were able to get some sleep. (((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww Lisa I think you are beautiful !!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lisa you look absolutely beautiful in all of your pictures.  ((hugs)) Charmaine

Anonymous said...

That dentist is quite unprofessional. You look very pretty :-)

Anonymous said...

You look cute with your smile showing your teeth. Your eyes look different!  They are brighter when you smile and show your teeth.  I'd have been so mad at that dentist.  How DARE he pull all of them??  
Have a good weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Its probably my bad eyes but your teeth look ok to me and you are really pretty too.  It is obviously depressing you and if it is difficult to eat too why not try to find another dentist to take you on?  As you know, I have had my share of tooth troubles lately but luckily haven't lost my front ones.  I hope you can get this sorted out.  Hugs.  Terry x

Anonymous said...

I do not think your teeth look bad. I know that you are beautiful just the way you are. We all worry about our looks, but you look fine! I do hope that you have a great Saturday.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

i dont think your teeth looked bad at all lisa !!!
you are very pretty!!!
<3, em