Monday, February 19, 2007

My doctor knows


Firstly, my doctor knows about my legs. Thats why I'm having the EMG done. He needs to know why they are doing this, and why I have no reflexs in them. This is my neurologist. I do trust him, but he's an hour's drive from here. There is no other doctor that can help me at this point. And all of my doctors know that none of my medicines help me. Thats why I'm to go to this other pain clinic to see if they will put this "pump" thingy in me, so then I can distrbute the medicine myself. Which my doctor told me is the last alternative for me. After that, there is nothing else, they are just making me comfortable. Thats all.

It's like when you see pictures of me....no one can see how much pain I'm in. It's on the inside! When I write, I don't have to write how much pain I'm in. I can keep it hidden. All of my doctors are working together, and this is what is going on for me. This is the rest of my life. Making me comfortable. Well, now that the Vicodine doesn't work anymore, I was told that morophine will be used next. Then after that, there will be nothing more that can be used. I'm already loosing my limbs. That was found out at my last neurologist appointment. So, I know this as a fact. I have a hard time with my legs the most. He knows about the circulation in them and how they do get cold and they are purple, he has seen this. It's worse in my right leg. Which again, another reason for the EMG.

There are times that I have, that are hard for me to cope with this. The last few days have been pretty hard on me. When I woke up that one morning, and could move my legs from my hips down, I thought I'd lost my legs for sure then! I sat there and waited and then stood. They came back. I was very thankful. I cried so hard! My husband ran in to see what was wrong. He just grabbed me. What am I suppose to do? What I do is what my neurologist has told me to do. Even thats ben a stuggle for me lately.
I've been wanting to go shopping, but I will only drive when I know for sure that I'm 100% able to. So, I'm still stuck here. I made that video for you to see when I talk about when I'm at the computer and where my bed is from that. Yes, I know it's cluttered. I do the best I can. Everything I own is in this 1 room. How do you think 1 room would look if you had everything you owned, in it?

I'm not at all saying that I am the worst case out here! This is why I applied for Extreme Home Make Over! It's sometimes hard for others to really see what it's like for someone like me to live. Yes, I didn't always live this way. But, I was also taking care of my elders in my family, which helped me realize to never take life for granted. I drove to Indiana on the weekends to help my grandparents and my aunt that had cancer. My aunt died. That killed me! My grandmother had circulation problems and a heart condition. She died soon after my aunt. :o( That changed my whole life from then on! I was told that I was never the same since. And I know I haven't been. My grandpa had a stroke and diebeties. (sp) 2 years after my grandmother, he died! :o( Taking care of them taught me so much about life! Look deeper! If you are superficial, then you'll never see anything! I have so much love in my heart to give. And I do.
There are and have been people that have taken me the wrong way....and why I see it is because they never gave "themselves" the chance to know me. Too busy with themselves! Sad. Like I always say, slow down! Because you're missing out on something!
Yes, I'm still in alot of pains! My physical therapist came this morning. Yes, she made me cry becasue it hurt so bad! :o( She doesn't like doing that. She's just doing what my doctor feels is the best for me. My left leg was the worst. My home health aid will be coming soon as well.
You know, I've learned a valuable lesson here. No one hurt my feelings or anything like that. So don't get me wrong. Again, Fibromyalgia is an unseen syndrome. The video was funny to me because I was having a hard time getting it to work. :o) I wanted to make it for the reasons I stated above. Yes, it was laughable! But, I invited you into my home. Take this how I mean it....but, how would you feel if I would have said to you that your home was cluttered and a mess if you invited me to your home? This is where I live. This is my home, my room I live in. All I own is in here. I have a few unseen illnesses, and I am not able to get around good enough to clean it like I'd really want it to be. Yes, I know it's a mess and cluttered, because Ilive in it. I don't like it this way. And do you know how many people have "told" me that they would help me clean it? Then changed their minds or came up with an excuse? Well...since it looks this way...try everyone. I honestly don't want to be told something, then to have someone change their minds! Screw that! So, my room is going to look this way because I'm not going to let someone else tell me an empty statement anymore. So, yes this is my room where I live. :o) And I like it. This is my home, even if it's just one room.
I need to go now...and I hope I didn't make anyone mad. But thank you for your comments. Don't think I want you to stop.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa dear, know my prayers are with you. {{{ }}}
I think you do very well writing about your pain, I seldom write about mine, just my choice.
I have been on Morphine for about 7 yrs (I think), but I took myself off the 2 times a day dosages last year & now only take the IR instead of the ER. In other words I take the Immediate Release for extreme pain breakthoughs instead of the Extended Release all the time. But now that i have been on it, there is nothing stronger they can give me, & no other pain med works for any other pain...so if I need pain relief for anything I have to take it. Plus it totally screwed up my bowels, I no longer have the movement in the colon...so I have to take a huge dose laxative twice wkly to have a BM. GRRR They tell me there is nothing to help my pain, as thi only helps take the edge off, well, most of the time it does'nt work.
I hope you find some relief from your pain, you are a beautiful person, inside & out. I am proud to call you my friend.
Hugs, Sugar

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your doctor knows. I hope the EMG shows something he can fix. Or at least medicate for you so your not under anymore stress. I can only imagine the pain your going through. When I was going through chemo, I had to be given shots for immune system and those shots caused so much bone pain in my body. To just put your arm around me hurt tremendously. My husband tends to kick me in legs at night when he is sleeping and my gosh when he did that I hurt so bad I cried. There was alot of nights I slept out on the couch due to that. I felt so alone. No one understood or felt the pain I was in. Sometimes I just wanted to say, ok god I had enough take me now. But I didn't cause of my lil girl. I knew in my heart she needed me, just as much as I needed her, so I fought with all I had to beat it. I still suffer with the bone pain. Legs fail me alot and I have even fallen down the 14 steps to my apartment a few times. Sometimes I don't even drive cause my legs hurt. They fall asleep at night and start stinging, and if I rub them or put heating pad on them, I am even more pain. My doctor took me off the pain meds, he said I was taking too many and was probably becoming addicted. All I take now is Tylenol Arthritis 650mg each. I take 2 every 6 hours. It helps some but not alot. And another thing. That is your room, your home. It doesn't matter if it is cluttered or not, as long as it is comfy for you that is all that matters. I wish I was able to come over and help you organize it, but we live too far apart. But if we were closer, you bet your sweet patooty I'd be there helping you. Take care my friend. I pray for you everyday, and I hope Extreme HomeMakeOver contacts you real soon. ((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
Love ya,
Cindy xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the overview, Lisa. I am aware you know exactly what does and does not work, and can only commend you for your courage. Keep strong!

Guido

Anonymous said...

I sure hope this pump will work something has to make you comfy. I hate that your in so much pain and feel so scared and lost

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I feel so bad for you to have to go through that pain....My husband Danny was in so much pain from his arthritis and all the other diseases that tagged along with it....neuropothy, ankylosing spondilitis, shogens,to name only a few...Some nights he would quietly get out of our bed and I would wake up and find him lying on the floor in front of the heater trying to ease his pain in his hip. He was on very strong pain meds and also the morphine patch...nothing helped his pain either...and I would pray every night that God would give his pain to me...it hurt  me soooo bad to see him hurting and i could do nothing to ease it....I wish I lived closer to you..I would come over there and help you clean your room...or what ever you needed me to do...It is a shame no one kept their word to you. Don't you worry about it being cluttered though...you just take care of yourself the best you can. God bless you and keep you.
love ya, carlene

Anonymous said...

Lisa,  BIG hugs to you.  I am soooo sorry for your pain.  I am assuming by the 'pump thingie' you mean a baclofen pump. I am praying that you will be able to go on that and get some relief.  Nancy

Anonymous said...

You should never judge someone until you have waled a mile in their shoes. Sometimes it is hard to look past the outer person and really get to know someone. I think it is just wrong when people judge you, just by seeing who you are on the outside. When you feel like you cannot go on, just remember that there are people here in journal land that do not judge you and will be here for you when you need to talk.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

I love you mom and I hope they can help your legs somehow..well considering it seems the docs cant do anything else for ya..the least they can do is help with your legs. :D
Love ya

Anonymous said...

Hi Babe,
I am sorry you are in so much pain.
I do understand but no one knows how you feel.  With my RA it's the same thing, people cannot see it.  My hands are a bit disfigured and my feet especially.  I just wear socks.  I know it's a small problem but man I miss wearing sandels in the summer.  I don't like people staring at my toes, so I keep them covered, they are all bending over towards my big toe. With the RA, I get real tired, it's a symptom of the disease, I'm sick of people thinking I'm lazy...I'm just tired all the time and cannot help it.
I do hope that you are able to get the morphine.
I wish I lived closer, I would come over and help you out.
I hope you have a good day today.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I sure hope you feel better soon, I hate hearing you are in pain, Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

hi lisa i hope you are doing better it hurts me to know how much pain you are in...i can only imagine because when i was at the physical therapist i wanted to try at times too
ttyl
em