Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The weather


Yesterday and most of the night, we had our first big snow fall! It got bad.
My sister had called me....she and her friend were on their way to the Dayton Mall, south of us. At that time when she started out, it wasn't bad. They got as far as Dayton, and they were driving on I75...and got into an accident! When they got into the bad weather, they could only go 35 mph. They hit a wall head on because of it was very slippery! She called me in shock! She could hardly talk, but did get out that information and that the car was smashed up against the wall and the doors were smashed in and they couldn't get out! I heard the girl that was driving in the back ground screaming and freaking out! God bless her! :o( With it being this cold out and being on the highway, I was worried about them! I told her to get off the phone with me and call 911. She was so scared, I was who she could think of to call. :o( I didn't here from here the rest of the night, and I was worried. I called this morning and woke her up, and didin't mean to do that. She said that the police and the ambulance came and got them out and took them to the hospital. Whew! She has whiplash and is bruised where the seatbelt was and has scrapes and other bruises, and is just stiff and sore. I was so relived! I told her to go back to bed and get sleep. She sounded so much better then yesterday. It really got bad here real quick!

My husband left from work before 5:00! He works in Sidney, the town thats just north to us. It takes only 10 minutes to get there! He didn't have his cell phone on him. So I had no way of getting ahold of him. :o( I was worried about him as well! Very worried! His tires are bold! And he doesn't take the same way home all the time, so if anything would happen, I wouldn't know which way he would be. It was 6:30, and he still wasn't home yet! My stomach was in knots! I'm a "worry wort" anyways, and this just took the cake! :o( 7:00 came along. He didn't get home until after 7:00! He took the highway! I75. It took him that long to get home! Thats how bad it was getting and how it had gotten here! :o( Fast! They closed down interstate I70! Both West and East bound! I70 goes off of I75. I was a nervous wreck and a bundle of nerves!
I sat here not being able to do anything about my sister or my husband! I felt so helpless! :o( I made a little video of my back yard, but I haven't uploaded it yet. It was before all of this happened. In the video, you'll just see how much we got before it got worse! My car was covered. uuuhhh!
Well...today, things look a bit better. I'm glad, but it's still not very safe to be driving out there. And boy am I glad I got all of my errands done when I did!
It's 0 degrees out right now! I thought when it was this could, it was too cold to snow! lol well who ever told me that was way off base! lol :o)
If you could, please pray for my sister. She's lucky that she got out of that accident with just what she did. Thank you. ;o)
I need to go now. Going to try and up load that video. :o) Because I want to see whats in MY back yard! lol :o)
Thank you all for your comments and emails! Gods blessings to all of you! :o)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont know why anyone would drive to a mall in this weather wasnt the best idea. glad they are okay we got SNOW AND ICE!!!!!! makes it bad

Anonymous said...

Glad your sister is ok. keep warm and safe.
love katie xxx

Anonymous said...

I would not drive unless you HAVE to. The safest place is in your home. I am sure that hubby is fine,
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Relieved to hear your sister is OK, Lisa. That was worrying.

Anonymous said...

Yep, it got nasty here REALLY FAST, I'm glad she was okay :)

Hugs
Stay Warm
Love
Ang

Anonymous said...

Hey, Lisa , Love the graphic, that purple is so beautiful. Been a while since I've been here. I'm sorry, somehow my alert for you was turned off. Glad to see everything going ok for you.
God Bless,
Liz in Va.
http://journals.aol.com/bethjunebug/Bethjunebug

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you are right it was bad out there, I was on my way home from work around 4 and I couldnt see anything, my windshild wipers even kept freezing on me so I couldnt see anything and they were useless. It usually takes me half hour to get home from there but it took me 2 and a half yesterday. It was a scarey drive, glad your sister is ok.
miss ya and love ya
Rhonda

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that your husband and sister are fine :)  That kind of weather is nasty ~ they have forecasted snow over here for tonight but probably won't be as bad as what you've got..  Just take care xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

It was bad in Columbus too.  Kids haven't been in school yet this week.  Maybe tomorrow.  Spring can't come quick enough for me!

Anonymous said...

you know I'm sending good thoughts and vibes... glad everyone is ok.  Be safe and warm..... I know that weather all to well.  Can't wait to see the video ...
hugs
love ya
d

ohhh.. looks good :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Glad your sister and hubby are okay.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Sorry to read about your sister, I hope she is not feeling too bad today.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

i saw where your schools AND mine are on a 2 hr delay today. I hate this weather. You stay warm and safe ok?
XO OX lj