Saturday, September 2, 2006

A bridge~A car~And laundry detergent....Oh My!


Good morning! I hope that everyone had a wonderful day yesterday! :o)

Well let me tell you how my day went yesterday........... After posting an entry and reading everyone's journals, I got the mail and got dressed to go cash my check. I did nor felt any different then I have been. I got in my car and my daughter had told me that the new bridge is open! Finally! (the city had taken down an old bridge and made a new one) So...I went to a grocerie store to cash my check and get laundry detergent. Things seemd fine...except I was shaky...again, thats nothing new to me. I just start shaking! Not being able to hold things in my hands and such. I still felt fine and I wanted to go see the new bridge. I went over the new bridge and as I was...I started shaking pretty bad and was having problems seeing and driving a bit.

Again....I'm used to those happening to me. But I thought maybe my sugar was low because I hadn't eaten yet. So I continue driving...went through the mall's parking lot and went to Wendy's drive through. I ate some fries and nothing was working! I pulled out of the parking lot and knew I needed to get home fast! People that live here in town will now the distance between Wendy's and Home Depot. I made it as far as Home Depot and was going to pull in and rest, and call home....my daughter and son were here....

Well, I thought that I'd try to get closer to home before I'd call. Not very smart at all on my part! I was really getting pretty scared! I was shaking so bad by the time I got to the intersection of the bank and George's Dairy Barn...I had a hard time with the car because my legs and arms were pretty bad....again, not too smart to do. I went ahead and made it home. I pulled in the drive way and I called the house. My daughter answered and I asked if she could come out to help me...by then, I was even having problems talking. She thought that I ment for her to help carry something in the house for me. Not the case this time. After she got to the car, she noticed that I was not in a good way....she got my son and his friend. My son got me out of the car and his friend and my daughter gotmy wheel chair to get me in the house.

What I remember is hearing them talking and the next thing I knew, I was in my bed. My daughter had taken my blood sugar and it was fine. My body was getting ready to have a seizure. After I had it and went through it all, I felt bad that they had to do all that they did...I should have just pulled into the parking lot like I was going to, instead of risking others and my life. Afterwards, I was very weak and still a bit shaky.

My back/spine was and is in so much pain! I have so many more muscle cramps and of course I feel kind of weird in the "head area." I haven't had a seizure in about 6 months. I'm just so used to having an "aura" before one hits me, plus I've put my seizure disorder on the "back burner," since I'm having more problems with my other illnesess. Well, it didn't let me forget yesterday! Whew! I sat in bed for awhile to get ahold of myself. To my surprise...while I was gone, my son and daughter were surprising with rearranging the living room and washing the windows and really cleaning! WOW! :o)

I had ordered a futon/sofa, and it came yesterday! My son and his friend put it together. :o) It was such a great surprise! :o) Since I'm not able to do the things that I want to do to this house...I have to look at a messy house, but my kids did a bang up job! :o) I love it! :o) So....I'm so very proud of my kids! :o) They grew up with seeing me have seizures, so they already know what to do to help me. :o)

Sooo, I had a great day, just add in a seizure! :o) I'm so very grateful that they were both home! :o) Today, I'm pretty weak and my body is still recovering, it usually takes about 3 days to get/feel back to "normal." My normal! lol :o) So today, I'm just going to take it easy and rest. :o) Thank all of you for your comments! They do help me through my days! :o) God bless all of you! :o)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry you had a bad day. but osunds like your kids are so too sweet. thtat is so kind of them. they are there to take care of you and all. I would have tried a shake not fries at wendies for BS but since it was a siezure would not have mattered anyway. you have to have be more careful seizures are not always the same they change I have shortness of breath ones the dr says they are veyr rare its almost like hyper ventilating then passing out. but over time they change. I have learned when Im feeling certianl little signs to go get adjusted by chiro and they dont come and symptoms subside. there is a bone in back below my shoulder blade that is popped out its a rib bone and that usualy helps it

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Awwwwwwww it must be scary to have a seizure, I'm glad you made it home safely, Hope you feel better today, take it easy, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

You were lucky there, especially to have people around to look after you. Sorry to hear about the seizure, hope it's the last one for a long time...

Anonymous said...

Aw, I pray you don't have another one for a long time.  That had to be so scary but you didn't know at first you were having one so don't blame yourself.  Take it easy and get the rest you need.  Your children are so sweet for helping you out.  Hope the three days go fast and you're feeling better.  HUGS Chris

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you made it home. That was nice of your son to put the futon together!
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

glad you made it home safely, enjoy the futon....take caare linda xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/lindapaterson177/IstartedofthislifewithnothingIst/

Anonymous said...

Count yourself lucky that you made it home dear without hurting yourself or other innocent people out there.  Please if this happens to you again when you are behind the wheel of a car, next time, stop and get some assistance immediately. Use your cell phone please.  Everyone ended up very lucky this time. Not trying to get on you dear, but I lost my Sis and nephew becuase of a driver who drank and shouldn't have been driving and all my family will forever feel this loss.    AJ

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Words don't do it justice, so here, have a HUGE HUG instead!! ((((Lisa))))

Love Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

h