Wednesday, September 20, 2006

~WHY?~


Firstly...Thank you again for all of your supportive emails and comments! Again, I would like to share an email I recieved this morning....I commented back, and this is what she said to me! (still emtional)
Thank you so much! I was able to get 3 hours of sleep last night! YAY! :o) I do have a very loving and supporting family. :o) I thought that since I was guest editor this week, I'd do my best to post as much information on the illnesses I have, to educate others...and I've seen that I've done that. :o) That makes me cry knowing that "me" of all people have reached someone. :o) Thank you so much Heather for being there! :o)


I have to laugh, when it could also be something to cry about... you're so excited that you got three hours of sleep. For the average person three hours of sleep would be something to cry about, we take for granted the fact that we can sleep for as long as we want. I enjoy reading your journal for many different reasons, your positive attitude in the face of your debilitating disease is uplifting, and it is also a good reminder to me to not take life for granted (which is your journal name and fits perfectly) and to realize that the things that I may complain about in my day to day life really are nothing compared to what other people out there are facing. It's like a reality check for me every day. So, I have to thank you for sharing so much of your life and your struggles with both diseases with all of us who wouldn't normally have an understanding of what a person with them goes through. I hope you can get some more sleep today!!


xoxo, Heather
My point is simply this; There are sooooo many people that don not have the illnesses as I and others do, yet they still are very honest and open and very sweet! I do realize that you don't have to be. But I've ran into one that still refuses to look deeper, and accept! I feel so badly for another J-Lander friend of mine. :o( She is getting flack for "What?" Again...acceptance of "who" she is! In my opinion. It truly hurts me to see this still go on! Why? Why is it that when you write in your journal what you "feel" and what you go through on a day to day basis, and by doing so...it helps others to not feel so alone in their illnesses....there is always that someone that has to be so nasty? By writing in your journal, it's just like talking to someone. And talking to God in prayer, I chose to do that in my own private time. Why can't they just let us alone? By writing and posting what you have to offer help for others....why is that so wrong? It's always the ones that DO NOT have these illnesses, or are NOT funny when you "demand" them to be! Why? I know I write about my day to day life with what God gave me....is that so wrong? If so...Why? Am I "whinning" about what I have? If you think so, let me know! I chose to live! Just like so many J-Landers have! Is that wrong too? If so, let me know! Do I seem to complain? If so, let me know! And I am very serious! Someone has truly hurt one of my friends, and it is not very nice! It comes down to the choices you make....are you going to be nice or not? Just like acting like little kids in grade school it is! Truly sad! But inturn, you want respect, and to be voted for? Let me think about that one! If you do not like what I write, and if you seem to think that I am complaing about my illnesses...look up to the upper right...there is a red X...click on it! I will nominate who I want to, and I have! :o) Thank you so very much for all your encouraging comments...and God does bless us all! :o)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so wonderful and we are blessed to have you with us............ hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, that was a lovely email you received from Heather, and I agree wholeheartedly with her words. I'm very sorry your friend is hurt and upset. I would never be nasty to anyone, it's not in my nature. I visit j'land everyday because I love the people in it, and I mean that sincerely. Tell your friend from me, that I'm sorry she's hurting and upset, and give her a hug, and you of course!
Take care my friend
HUGS Debbie ~xxxxxx~
http://journals.aol.co.uk/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

i would not worry about any negative remarks, people are ignorant and they cant help it about themselves.  i think you are a very sweet woman and i may not always comment but i do read your journal and by doing so i can almost understand how you feel. anyone who chooses to be nasty to you is not worth your time and i would just block all the negative people from my journal.
i hope you are feeling better today
noelle

Anonymous said...

I am blessed to call you friend. Take care
and God Bless.
Your friend, Liz

Anonymous said...

Lisa, You are a wonderful friend and a kind person who has so much to offer.We are all blessed to have you in our lives, I think you are an angel !!!!!!!!!!! Love Ya Lisa

Anonymous said...

now go take you a hot bath relax and get some rest. I dont wnat you to do too much and get sick. Its great your helping others but dont forget about your self

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I liked this entry. make sure you get some rest.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((LISA))))))))))))))))))))))))Your entry is ver moving.I care for you and pray for all the time.I am still away and havent been able to check mail till today.Will be home Friday.I am havign a good time and the weather here is nice.Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Excellent entry, and by god, you're so right!!!

*hugs hugs*

Lv Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Lisa...

This is a wonderful entry and so to the point...I know what you mean, about people who don't have illnesses and say things like "its only asthma" in a sarcy way, it makes me wild. I know it is nothing like what you have,Bless You! but i have had the same response and  i have written about this in my journal "astras choice, Living with Asthma" which you will find in my side bar, I hope you have a good night and best wishes!

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that and your so right.  :)
Hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
is it hard to control pain with MS, or is the pain more from the fibro and other problems?  No matter, you have far more than your share.  

Your journal is very informative. We all may have different problems, but you have a good attitude about all life has thrown at you.  I admire you and want you to know I support you.

You help me (& Others as well, I am sure) by your candid honesty.  You still  go on living in spite of all that is going on with you.   You are awesome and an inspiration. Thanks!

If you ever want to talk you know my email and journal addresses.
Merry
PS Don't the doctors just drive you crazy????????????????????

Anonymous said...

I consider your journal informative, not whining.  People who suffer daily chronic pain have to have somewhere to vent or talk besides their family.  I'm one of those people.  My journal was made for my journey to lose weight but I also share my life and other personal things.  I was diagnosed with 2 other diseases this year which devastated me at first but I'm dealing with them.  I haven't shared them in my journal because I need to deal with the reality of having them for the rest of my life.  I may share them at a later time but right now, I prefer not to.  And if people don't like what they read, they know where the red x is.  
Hugs,  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess