Wednesday, September 6, 2006

......for those who wait.


This entry might be a bit different this morning. Who knows! :o) Firstly...again; Thank all of you for your comments! I've never met so many understanding people! :o) And....alerts are still not working for me still. gggrrr! I'm doing my best to scale through aol journals to find all of you! :o)
I don't know why I've been feeling so melanchally lately, but I'm rolling with it. :o) Like the graphic I used above, it's seems to be magical. I've written about this before, but I guess I'm going to write about it again this morning. When I was 4, my mom got married to my stepfather; which at such a young age I didn't like him at all. He gave me such bad feelings. I soon learned why. We moved here in Piqua to an appartment. From that moment on, my life was a living hell. He was an alcaholic and cheated on my mom. I remember her getting me out of bed and getting in the car to go look for him. Then we moved again to a house. He stopped drinking and we went to church. What a change. When someone has an adictive personality, when they stop one, they go to another addiction. Well....we went to church everyday, I was sent to summer church camp and summer revivals. By this time, my mom had my 2 younger sisters. He abused me in everything you can imagine. It started when I was 4, until I was 17. He would cover it up by taking me to church events with him to make it look like he was a #1 stepdad. His other addiction was all about our church. Now, please don't take this wrong, because it was a great thing to be able to go to church, but like everything else, he took it way too far. I was being abused sexually, mentally and physically. I never knew about how other kids' life was about, because I was never allowed to assciate with other kids unless they went to our church. I was painfully shy, so I really didn't have many friends at school. I accepted the Lord into my heart when I was 12! :o) I did it on my own. I knew I wanted that life that I was being taught in Sunday school. Being as nieve as I was, every night before I went to bed, I would pray to God to help me to get out of the situation I was in with my stepdad, and to leave a magic wand under my pillow when I woke up the next morning. I never gave up, I would still pray for a few years, and no magic wand. I did stop praying for the magic wand....and started praying for him to stop hurting me. He didn't hit my sisters. Then it was like as fast as a blink of an eye, he didn't want anything more to do with going to church or the Bible. He went back to drinking again. I knew how bad I would get beaten that night when he came home by how many 6 packs he had under his arm. My mom and I continued our beliefs and still went to church. I learned the power of prayer and for those who have patience and wait, He does answer prayers and God does always hear you! It's just in His time. I was finally saved from his beatings when he slipped up and pulled his fist back to hit me in the face, and my mom stopped it. She came in when he didn't know she was there...God watched over me...even though I went through what I did growing up, he was the one that was sickened with evil. I knew one day...he would get caught. Yes, I told my mom about it all when I was 15, but he stalked me and the laws back then weren't on my side. It was like, "I was an unruly child and I was getting what I diserved!" NOT! Mom finally divorced him. Since then, I've forgiven him for all that he's done, but, it is very hard to ever forget. Still working on that one. Just a hudge life lesson for me. :o) I will move that mountain. :o) Because of all of the beatings and when he would just throw me across the room...and land on and what ever....My doctors have said that is a big reason why I have what I do. It does make a lot of since. And why my back is the way it is. He remarried and lives about an hour away from me and I don't see him, unless I run into him at the mall or something like that. I say hi to him and go on my way. I pray for him....he knows not what he has done. Until he meets his maker. I guess I'm a survivor. I know that I have patience enough to wait. I know if I'm in need of something and when I pray...it will always be in God's time, not mine. Like with my illnesses...it will be in His time, not mine! :o) And I'm very willing to wait! :o) I love life, I chose to live! I thank God each and everyday for another day He has given me! :o) I do hope that no one has taken what I wrote in a bad way...nothing was ment that way....just trying to describe certain things. :o) He still has an additive personality to this day. If it's not one thing...he moves on to something else. I was going to write something different this morning...but this is what came out! :o) This must have been what I needed to write! :o) Thank all of you again for your support, and comments! Gentle hugs and God bless you all! :o)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have faith in God to get you thru all what has happened to you. There are a lot of people in this world that don't have that  - you are wonderful person Lisa  :-) Millie x

Anonymous said...

Coming by to give you some LOVE!
Blessings, Sugar

Anonymous said...

Good morning, hon. Much of my youth was spent trying to protect myself from people like your stepfather. I can truly relate to this entry and unfortunatly, know many others can as well. What matters though is that GOD pulled you up by the bootstraps, loved you, and enabled you to have the life you now have, the one where HE is the Father- the very best one of all, right? You tqke care now. Hope you have a good day.
hugs
Barb- http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THROUGHGOD'SEYES
        http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

I go tyour alert. dont know why some dont but I know its aggrevating. sorry you went thru what you did. its good to let it out and that you have forgiven. My first husband was physically adn mentally and sexually abusive and I know it really can affect you adn I agree you have to move on.

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine growing up in that situation!  I'm glad you survived to be the great person that you are today.
Missie
http://journals.aol.com/chat2missie/MissiesUpsideDownWorld/
http://journals.aol.com/chat2missie/missies-magical-creations/

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to ya as a child. Must be very difficult and even harder to forgive him. I am glad ya got it off your chest hun... Takes great courage and strength to talk about it.

Hugs,
Chelle

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Thx for emailing me your link here.  I'm trying little by little when I have a free minute here and there to visit journals from the anniversary celebration.  I'm sorry for what happened to you when you were younger.  I've been there from a paternal uncle.  I never told my parents until yrs. later and by then he passed away.  Lucky him.  My dad would have killed him.  You're right to forgive and I know we can never forget.  Anyway, I've put ya on alerts & I'll be back.  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess  

Anonymous said...

Hiya babes,

Just wanna apologise for not commenting on your journal for a few days...It's been MANIC here and now that my alerts aren't working, I'm kinda screwed! lol!

Hope you're ok, god bless ya,

Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

hi Lisa...

sorry to hear about what you have had to put up with all your life, God did answer your prayers, maybe it took him that bit longer, but he came to your rescue and you have survived your terrible ordeal...and i think it helps to write about any situation that is tearing you apart, i do myself in one of my other journals...best wishes and take care!

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

wow, u have been thru alot. im so glad that God brought u thru it

Anonymous said...

Awww that made me cry, I could hardly image what you have gone through.  Luckly you had someone on your side, yes God is always there! Your a very brave woman!

Samantha

Anonymous said...

It must have been awful for you. I'm so glad you're able to cope wth iy and forgive this man although I'm not sure he deserves it. Jeannette xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jlocorriere05/Welcometomytravels

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine growing up in an environment like that.  You are so lucky to have had your faith to get you through.  Thank goodness your mother finally stepped in for you.  
Sam

Anonymous said...

Lisa, to be able to forgive is truly amazing and soul cleansing but so hard to do.  Bless you!  You've been through hell and survived to become the most wonderful, sweetest person in the world.  HUGS and Love, Chris

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear you went through such hell as a child.I was molested at 9 by my friend's grandfather and my dad also verbally abused me and hit me with a coathanger sometimes too.You are such a beautiful and caring person, truly one of God's most special angels !!!!!!!!!!!! Love and Hugs Lisa  P.S. My alerts are so messed up !!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrr at Aol !!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you went through that as a kid. You are for sure a great lady who has overcome alot. I love the graphic.

Hugs, Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Being a victim of abuse myself. I know how you must be feeling.
But I don't know how this man is walking around, living his life, when he should be locked away like an animal.
I'm a HUGE believer in " what goes around comes around " and I know his badness will catch up with him.
I just hope some other innocent child isn't being abused by him now he's moved on.
Love n hugs  x x

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a great day Lisa!  I don't know how you survived all of this and came out such a caring, thoughtful, spiritual person.  (((GBU))), Shelly

Anonymous said...

I have to say you are a better person than I could be.  I don't thnk I could find forgiveness for him.

Bless your heart

Deb

Anonymous said...

Forgiveness often is always much easier then forgetting, which seldom comes our way.  But keeping that inside of us , because we are not able to forget causes so many other emotions that stem from a single event that trigger major health problems. The cure?? I have no clue, we all have something we can't forget and long ago forgave.  However you are a very strong woman, and yes, you are a survivor :)
hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

hi lisa...found you through a link on queenb8261, and your journal has really touched my heart.   i admire your strength and faith.  :)  i'm also looking to exchange postcards, so if you're interested, let me know.
http://journals.aol.com/rbrown6172/Ginasspace/
gina