Sunday, September 10, 2006

John Joseph Murray


On that tragic September 11, we lost irreplaceable human being.John was born September 17, 1968, the sixth of seven children to Mary Louise and Philip Murray. He was an honor student throughout his school years and displayed his leadership abilities as an ocean lifeguard in Long Island, New York. Following his graduation from Boston College in 1990, John began a career as a broker in the financial community of New York City. His greatest success was when he met and married Rory Owens. She accepted his marriage proposal as they paused while jogging across the Brooklyn Bridge. John was never more fulfilled then in April 2001 when his only child, Alyson Rose, was born. In 1997, John founded and launched Putt for Progress to raise money and awareness to benefit the Thomas Jefferson University Scleroderma Center in their efforts to find a cure for the relatively unknown disease of Scleroderma. John's sister, Cathy, was diagnosed with the disease when she was 31. Despite the average life expectancy for patients affected by the disease to be 10 years, Cathy is surviving and doing well today. Over the next four years, with the help of his family, John would succeed in raising nearly $200,000 for the Scleroderma center . John was a wonderful son, a loving and devoted husband, father, brother and friend. He is missed greatly but will carry on in his name and in his memory.






To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say...
but first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay.
I'm writing this from heaven. Here I dwell with God above.
Here, there's no more tears of sadness; here is just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight.
Remember that I'm with you every morning, noon and night.
That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you."

It's good to have you back again; you were missed while you were gone.
As for your dearest family, they'll be here later on.
I need you here badly; you're part of my plan.
There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man."

God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night, the day's chores put to flight.
God and I are closest to you....in the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years
because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry; it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.

I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned.
But if I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand.
But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er.
I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.

There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb;
but together we can do it by taking one day at a time.
It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too...
that as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.

If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain,
then you can say to God at night......"My day was not in vain."
And now I am contented....that my life has been worthwhile,
knowing as I passed along the way, I made somebody smile.

So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low,
just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go.
When you're walking down the street, and you've got me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.

And when it's time for you to go.... from that body to be free,
remember you're not going.....you're coming here to me.


May the love of friends and family carry you through your grief.

As the days and weeks pass, and as you return to life’s routine,


may you continue to feel comforted by the love and support of family and friends.
May God bless you and your family in this time of sorrow.
My thoughts and prayers are with you in your time of grief. May your memories bring you comfort.


Dear Heavenly Father, I want to thank you for taking care of this mans family and friends. I will fall quite to honor this man that gave his life and went back home to You. We should all stop our busy lives, bow our heads, and aks for peace. In Jesus name Amen
There are no photo's of John to share.
You can sign his family's guest book as I have.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice tribute!  Linda

Anonymous said...

This was a beutiful tribute! Inspiring poem, so heart felt! I cried through out! {{{}}}
God Bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Great tribute to a great man. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, what a beautiful tribute to John !!!!!!!!!!!!!! He would be proud , Hugs To You Lisa

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute to a great man ,we just dont realise the wonderful people that were lost that awful day , Dear John, take him into your arms oh Lord ,.,.,.,Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute, just tearful.
Hugs
angie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry hun....do the family get to read these dedications too?

Lv Stevie
xxx

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Lisa.  You brought us closer to one human being of great worth, as they all were, and used beautiful poetic words to share your own ideas, well done. xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/  

Anonymous said...

thank you for this awesome entry....you are such a good writer.
lisa

Anonymous said...

Never to be forgotten...God Bless!

Astra!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

SO beautiful........God bless you for doing this.
love ya,carlene

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Very lovely Lisa, and I really like the prayer.

God Bless America....Brenda

Anonymous said...

A wonderful and deeply moving entry.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

(((Lisa))) a lovely tribute for John. May God bless his family in their grief and sorrow, and you too. A wonderful tribute, and a beautiful poem.
hugs Debbie ~xxxxx~
http://journals.aol.co.uk/debbiewebb4465/TheLifeTimesofanEssexGirl

Anonymous said...

Sorry Lisa, I shoud've said prayer, not poem, I'm really sorry, I was typing so quick....please forgive me.
Hugs Debbie ~xxxx~

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and moving tribute to John...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and moving tribute to John...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

A very moving tribute to a wonderful man. So many sad stories have come out of these tributes we're writing. May the lord watch over John's family. Jeannette xx  

Anonymous said...

You did a wondeful job on this tribute, I'm sorry it took me so long to stop by and leave a comment.  The letter from Heaven was so touching!  
xoxo, Heather

Anonymous said...

ah wonderful tribute

Anonymous said...

Great tribute Lisa!  Hugs,  Dana
http://journals.aol.com/rainy35/RoadToSuccess