Thursday, September 21, 2006

~Part 2~


I have been awake all night again. I had a 2 1/2 hour nap today, and thats all the sleep that I have gotten. I can't wait to see my doctor today! :o) Something has to be done....no sleep has made my body hurt beyond words! I have posted more information on a few more illnesses that I have. lol....yes...believe it or not, there is more! :o) And after this entry, I will try and post them as well! :o) I feel the more someone is educated about others illnesses, then they have no excuse for ignorance!
As I was reading through so many journals....so I can nominate on the Vivi awards....I ran across a well written statement about what is going on to so many of my friends and these awards! There were so many words that he had discribed about how these people are acting! And he nailed it on the head with one word that stood out to me! Narcisis! In one word; that describes it all! This is the deffinition;

Narcissistic is a pattern of self-centered or egotistical behavior that shows up in thinking and behavior in a lot of different situations. People won't (or can't) change their behavior even when it causes problems or when other people complain about the way they act, or when their behavior causes a lot of emotional distress to others (or themselves? none of my narcissists ever admit to being distressed by their own behavior -- they always blame other people for any problems). This pattern of self-centered or egotistical behavior is not caused by current drug or alcohol use, head injury, acute psychotic episodes, or any other illness.People whose ambitions and aspirations are much grander than their evident talents. Sometimes these terms are applied to people who are simply full of themselves.Narcissists think that everyone who is not special and superior or don't believe how they believe, is worthless. By definition, normal, ordinary, and average aren't special and superior, and so, to narcissists, they are worthless and use other people to get what they want without caring about the cost to the other people.Often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him. They show arrogant, haughty, patronizing, or contemptuous behaviors or attitudes.Translation: They treat other people like dirt.
I know that this entry will more then likely make some people mad; but in others actions...I felt it to be very fitting! These awards have brought out the worst in some and it just needs to stop, or the awards won't go on....so many have resigned already! Sad to say!
Whew.....that actually felt good to write! Getting things off my chest helps my chest pains! Now...moving on....!
I had so many nice emails today....and would have loved to post them all! :o) Thank you all for your nice comments and emails! I know that I'm on the right path! :o) God has me, and is holding me up! :o) No one can take my courage and my strength away from me....! Helping others in their need is what I'm doing, and I will not stop writing what I feel is right in my journal! I'm am a "squeeky wheel" and I gave my illnesses a voice of their own! I had considered going private because of all this nonsense flack going on, but no..I'm not! My mission isn't over this soon! :o) If I am able to help 1 person, thats what counts! Writing in this journal also helps me to get so much off my chest....and inturn helps with my pains...because I'm releasing stress that I don't need!
Gentle hugs to you all...and again, thank all of you for your nice emails and comments! God bless all of you! And He has! :o)

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Lisa;

  I'm on the committee for the VIVI's and I've been blessed as far as I know, to be left out of the infighting going on.  I haven't done anything for them as I've been so sick.  I simply want to write as it has been done so much for me to get it all out of my system.  I never thought anybody would actually read it!  I write for me, and to God and to keep from screaming sometimes.  I'm going to keep on being me, and keep on writing, and hopefully I'm not associated with any of the wars.  Hopefully people won't get mad at me because I'm involved and stop reading.  If that happens, they should miss me because it won't be the other way around. lol  This was just supposed to be fun. Why did everyone get so serious anyway?

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/WISHINGANDHOPING/

Anonymous said...

Damn right hun.....*Raises a glass and toasts to Narcicism*...lol!

I'll always come to read your journal because you're an honest and genuine person, and yes, this Vivi thing has gotten out of hand, and I admit, maybe I took the negative stuff too seriously, but I had my reasons.

Oh, I'm also emailing you in a moment..lol!

Lv Stevie
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Lisa
I have been MIA from reading journals so I am totally clueless right now. All I can say is that I adore you and your honest nature. I so hope that no has been mean to you.

Cioa Bella....Brenda

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa, each night I pray you will sleep, each day I hope your getting rest, I really want them to find a way to help you, you need sleep, <sigh> Your body is going through enough, it is not helping. :( I wish there was something, anything I could do besides sit here and pray. Just know, you are ALWAYS in my thoughts :)  And you know, I had no idea what was going on about the Vivi, I went nominated 2 people and never went back. Like I told sugar, everyone I READ is an award winner, or I wouldn't be reading them. But to take this all that serious?? Just pathetic really.  Some people have such little to live for they sink so low.  You know, I need to come drag you out and take you to a park and wear you out, name a time and place.
Hugs
Angie

Anonymous said...

A sleepless night for us both - my sympathies (((Lisa))).  I know you'll be glad to see the Dr., and thanks for the emails last night, they helped when sleep eluded me.  xoxo CATHY
http://journals.aol.com/luddie343/DARETOTHINK/    

Anonymous said...

i hope that today is the day your pain lessens so you can sleep...i worry about you so!
hugs, lisa jo

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I still have no idea what people are syaing. I m making my nominations as I pray for each journal nad where it should be. Man I just am out of the loop. I cant immagine what people could be saying about it at this point

Anonymous said...

Hope you get sorted soon. You need sleep, and relief from the pain

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hope that the doctor gives you something that can help you sleep.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwm/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I hope you will able to sleep soon, I really enjoyed talking to you last night, hope your doctor's appt goes ok, Hope you have a good day XOXO Lisa

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I hope you will able to sleep soon, I really enjoyed talking to you last night, hope your doctor's appt goes ok, Hope you have a good day XOXO Lisa

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure what's going on because I haven't been online but take care of yourself and don't worry about anyone else.
Dianna
http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartazz/DiannasMindlessMusings/
http://journals.aol.com/sazzylilsmartazz/SazzyKreationz/

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I hope you get some sleep soon, love your journal.
Barbara

Anonymous said...

I agreed with you on the narcism partaking in the drama. Glad to hear its over with or seemingly so. In my opinion, journals are personal for many people. They share their lives. Awards are a great test in character. I dont think because there is drama that is shouldnt be considered yearly. Its going to happen yearly. I think life is better with tests. We get refined. -Raven


http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RebukeTheWorld/

Anonymous said...

I agreed with you on the narcism partaking in the drama. Glad to hear its over with or seemingly so. In my opinion, journals are personal for many people. They share their lives. Awards are a great test in character. I dont think because there is drama that is shouldnt be considered yearly. Its going to happen yearly. I think life is better with tests. We get refined. -Raven


http://journals.aol.com/rebuketheworld/RebukeTheWorld/

Anonymous said...

Lisa, dang, why in the world can't the doctor come up with something for your sleep problems.  I'm playing catch up here so I'm hoping no one was mean to you.  Don't even pay attention if they were.  HUGS  Chris