Monday, May 28, 2007

Great memories! ;o)

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess,and in hopes it might help someone else as I do. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. May God bless you!......


 



I woke up early his morning! :o) Well...I had to be woken up. ;o) I wasn't able to get to sleep last night until around 4:30 this morning.
The parade starts at 9:00. So...I was already running late! :o)
Then I get a call from my daughter after a few sips from from first cup of coffee...asking if I was ready! lol She had over slept too! Whew! :o)
I didn't get to finsih my cup of coffee. I did the best I could to get woke up enough to get dressed, get my caneras' and out the door.

By the time we get to the main street the parade goes down...it was late! :o( I felt sooo bad. ;o( I didn't want my grandson to miss a thing! But he did. :o( My fault.
We found a place to stand so he could see perfect! :o) I took some pictures and then I had my daughter take some for me. I wasn't fully awake yet still.
I was showing him to wave at everyone that went by! :o) Then he started to blow them kisses too! lol :o) Even the big guys driving the huge Army trucks! :o)
(sorry aboutthe pictures...thats the only way that I could display them)
Our parade only lasts maybe 10 minutes at the most! Nothing too big, but it's a tradition for us. :o)
After it ended...my daughter was headed out to the cemetary to her grandmother's grave. I'd take her there myself every year.

Since I was a little girl...this day was a tradition for me as well. My grandparents would come to our house and pick us up. They would already have chocolate milk and doughnuts for us to have while we watched the parade! :o) Either the parade was longer and better back then...or it was because I was just smaller, I don't know! ;o) It was great though, just to be with my grandparents! ;o) It was an every year tradition that I always looked foward to. ;o)
I did the same thing with my kids too! They too looked forward to the chocolate milk and doughnuts for the parade! :o)
This year...we got them just in case! :o) In came my daughter and had some before we left! :o)
Just good memories and traditions! :o) I hope that my kids will carry these on as well! :o) It maybe something small...but it's something big! :o)
Gods blessings to all of you! ;o) Have a great day!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely memories, have a good day!
Sug

Anonymous said...

Memories...they are the best...ones of my grandmother are beautiful. Glad you got to the parade (albeit late lol), looks like it was fun for you all.

Take care,
Millie :)

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you all got to go to the parade!
LOve,lisa

Anonymous said...

parades are always fun:)
have a good week


Deb

Anonymous said...

The title of your blog was so inspiring, and just seemed to be filled with so much emotion and so much caring, that I was drawn to it.  And I'm glad I was.  Your icons say a lot about you, I don't think I need to read your blog to understand much more.  But I just wanted to say that I think some of your icons are adorable!  I would get a lot of the same if I didn't feel that I have enough of that kind of stuff on my MySpace, etc.  I just posted an entry about racism, and so I really liked all of equality and PEACE icons that you have.

I hope you feel better, you seem like you deserve it!!  

Smile! : )

Anonymous said...

Im glad yo u had some wonderful traditions

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I like hearing your memories, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

aww that sounds like a great memory to have!!!!

Theresa

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I had a good time. And its okay mom, we still saw the parade. :) Gotta love the doughnuts and chocolate milk...mmmm. The cemeraty sucked because NO ONE pt anything on their graves. I was upset. So I cleaned them off for them. :) I love you mom!!

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Nice tradition.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm. chocolate milk and doughnuts I'm coming round to yours ;-)  Glad you had a good time at the parade xx

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/