Wednesday, May 2, 2007

~ Stalking! ~

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess,and in hopes it might help someone else as I do. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. May God bless you!......


 



Good afternoon! I hope all of you are doing and feeling well and are not in too much pains. ;o)


This is something that was in the Washington Post. I had visited another's journal this morning and they had it posted. I feel very strongly that all should read this. Men included.


It has to do with being stalked while being in chat rooms, journals, blogs, etc...! This does happen!
I know of sooo many journalers that have to go private because of this very reason! And to be honest...it truly pisses me off that it appears nothing is or can not be done about it!!! I seen a comment to where someone had said that, "...if you don't take the bait, then they will go to someone else!" I'm sorry...no they don't! I've been throught this and am still going through it! Yes, I have 2 that are doing this to me right now! And the ignorance of people that seem to think that "IF" you either "ignore" them, "block" them or what ever...they will go away! Not true! Done that, been there! And if I were to put this journal in private, what would that do? What would that prove? Just what?


I have done everything that is known to do for your on "safty!" In terms of blocking, truning them in to the proper people and letting them deal with it like you're suppose to. Once again, if I don't have their computer...how can I prove their codes at when they were on line?! Because anyone can make up a different screen name and then delete it! Like I said...been there, done that!


So many times, I get on here and write...then I delete the whole thing! Because I've lost what I used to have...my own safe feeling. These cruel and mean people need to be stopped. It's just as scary to be stalked on line as it is if you were being stalked off line!
I'd love to know what it is that these mean spirited people get out of doing this? I really would like to know this?! I don't have that mind set to understand it! Why hurt someone and scare them? Do you live a double life? I just don't get it!
It reminds me when I was in school....the big bad bullie always had to pick and scare the little, smaller, smarter kids....and as an adult now, it was to make them feel better about themselves!


Whatever the reason is behind all of this....it needs to stop! And no....not taking thier bate does not make them go away, it only makes them find another way to get to you!




Tags: ,

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your expanded thoughts on my post!  We need to not be silent on this, not the men nor women, who get harrassed and even stalked!  -- Robin

http://journals.aol.com/ceilisundancer/RandomThreads/entries/2007/05/01/online-and-female----is-that-a-problem/1638

Anonymous said...

Yes I read this today too in another journal.I realy don't know what to say.It must be extremaly frightening.I think there should be ways to be able to get this stopped Grrrrrrrrrrrr.Maybe one day who knows? Lets hope so .Take Care thanx for the message I may not have read it and it is valuable info.So kind of you to let others know about this.Take Care God Bless.Kath
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I saw this... makes you wonder why we do this, eh?  Maybe because of each bad we have 10 good?
love ya
d

Anonymous said...

Lisa, thank you for posting this, Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

yes this kind of stuff neds to stop .

Anonymous said...

You have done it again!  Another very important entry!  You did great!  You made a good point!   Way to go, Lisa, I agree with you!  You sure do know how to stand up for your beliefs and I think that's wonderful!  I am glad to know you!  Merry

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

Stalking is a terrible thing.  NO matter what is said or done here in J-land it won't stop.  Unfortunately those that are doing it are sick in the head and don't understand what they are doing is wrong.  OR they know exactly what they are doing and are filled with hatred, rage, jealousy and feelings of inadequacy so they strike out against others.  Again, no matter what you say in defense of yourself it won't help.  The best you can do...you are doing it every day.
Hugs,
Gina
http://journals.aol.com/motoxmom72/GinasWeigtLossJourney  

Anonymous said...

Stalking and crazy ass people SUCK. There are some real whackos in J land. Some are whackos and we dont even know it. Being careful online is imperative. I learned a bit too late.
LOVE,lisa

Anonymous said...

It's very odd what these people get up to and why they do it in the first place.

Jenny