Sunday, May 27, 2007

A portable closet/parade/and my opinion

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess,and in hopes it might help someone else as I do. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. May God bless you!......


 



Good evening! Not able to sleep again. Whats new..right? :o)

This morning my husband went to Wal Mart to find a portable closet for me to be able to hang my clothes up. I haven't had anything place to do that since we've lived here.
He found something nice that I liked that had a cover over it so my things would still be nice. :o)
For now, I have it in this room. Tomorrow I'll put it where I want it to go and then start hanging all of my clothes up! :o) YAY! :o)

My son came home after he had put it together and he doesn't have a closet either. He really liked it too. I told him where he got it and that he should get one as well. It's a perfect size for him too.
He's been in and out for the past two days. From working swing shifts at work and going to his girl friends fmailys functions for the holiday and yesterday....and today's work..he's really dragging his butt! He has another very busy day tomorrow as well! That was the only time we talked was earlier today...and he was on his way to bed so he could get a few hours of sleep before more work! Whew! :o)

I was sitting in my bed resting my body again. I called my daughter to see if she was going to go to the parade tomorrow morning. She was up in Wapakinata at a camp site! :o) They were up there on a little family break from all of the activities that were going on this weekend! :o) They needed it! :o) Also looking at a possible camper to buy so they'll have a place to go to escape the city! :o That would be so nice for them. ;o)
Well, She didn't know yet if they were going to go or not. So, I started to watch a movie. It was called Heathers. I've heard of it, but never seen it! lol It was different...thats for sure! :o)

She calls back at around 11:45! LOL :o) She's lets us know that she's going to the parade tomorrow morning! The parade starts at 9:00 am.! :o) And I'm going to go to! :o)
She had a bust day too....so she was up late as well..so it took her awhile to make up her mind to see which one they where going to go to...ours or another one. :o)

Today....I read a good friend of mine's journal. She made a very good point! It's been stuck in my head all day. When the subject is wrote about...and the way it is layed out...it is so well done! An excellent writer! :o) And what was said...in my opinion...was true! And I feel the same way. I've held my tongue about this subject becuase it really seems to be a very touchy subject...but I feel the need to express my feelings more on what she had wrote. Yes, when people are afraid to confront either religious figures or people that are religious. Meaning...a Luthern, Cathalic, etc...because some people take the fact that they 'are'  religious and then 'use' it against others! In the wrong way! In a bad way! Mean way! Which then makes others feel inferer! And or, less than! Even when we can belong to a church group...and we are all the same....there is always that someone that thinks they are 'better than' and will use scriptures out of the Bible to you to put you down! Is that right? Which makes people afraid to go to the religious figures of their church becuase they feel that 'they' are the ones that are wrong!

It's wrong! It's like it goes to their heads! Is that what Jesus would want? I'm just asking. And then to here the words of filth just flow right out of their mouths when they're not in or around their other church friends or groups! In my journal...I don't push anything....and I've been called..."A Jesus Freak!"...I've been banned from a journal because he told me that since I started commenting in his journal..."All of my Christian friends had been tormenting him and his friend!" What? I know of ONE person that would do that! And would do that to me!
And would do that to the person I'm talking about! And that wasn't very nice! And this is one of the things I'm talking about! "Using" your religion to get to people in a 'mean' way! It just not nice!

Yes...I have my beliefs...but I would NEVER do what I just said above! Never! Like I told a friend of mine a few days ago...the truth will come out in the end....and all I'm doing is sitting back and waiting! :o) The truth will always prevail!

I hope I didn't make everyone mad. It just really upsets me when people 'use' certain things such as their religion as a 'power' to hurt others. Plus...it's blaspheme. My opinion.

Ok...I'm off of my soap box now. ;o) Sorry. ;o)
I just get upset to easily..I'm just too sensitive I guess. :o) I need to work on that! :o)
A friend of mine was sending me some video's tonight of one of our favorite shows that we watch. :o) While I was there at youtube....I had this song in my head and just could shake it! gggrr! lol So...I looked it up and I had to listen to it! I love this song! :o)
It's called Beautiful, by Christina Aguilera. :o) Here are the lyrics;


Don't look at me Every day is so wonderful
And suddenly, it's hard to breathe
Now and then, I get insecure
From all the fame, I'm so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can't bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can't bring me down
So don't you bring me down today

To all your friends, you're delirious
So consumed in all your doom
Trying hard to fill the emptiness
The piece is gone and the puzzle undone
That's the way it is

You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words won't bring you down
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words won't bring you down
Don't you bring me down today...

No matter what we do
(no matter what we do)
No matter what they say
(no matter what they say)
When the sun is shining through
Then the clouds won't stay
And everywhere we go
(everywhere we go)
The sun won't always shine
(sun won't always shine)
But tomorrow will find a way
All the other times

We are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won't bring us down
We are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words can't bring us down
Don't you bring me down today

Don't you bring me down today
Don't you bring me down today


Now I'll have this song in my head all night! lol Thats ok...because I do like it alot. :o)

I also found some good quotes and proverbs too. ;o) I was looking for something else and ran across them! :o)
I need to go now...I have to try and get to bed. :o)
Gods bleesings to all of you! :o)


 


Flattery makes friends and truth makes enimies.
                     --Yiddish proverb






 


12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm up too & I'm suppose to be meeting my bro for lunch & to see "Pirates" HA! i'm laying down in a few minutes...just starting to get sleepy.

I agree on the Religious part you wrote. I know people who do that all the time.

Have fun tomorrow!

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/MeThinksTooMuch/

My New One:

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/soemthingelsetothinkabout/

Anonymous said...

my city has one of the biggest parades in the country. Wish you could come and sit with us....i love the Memorial Day parade! I hope you have a happy day today.
Love,lisa

Anonymous said...

I dont know why people wnat ot use religion to bash others. that certianlydoes not win any friends. Or make them wnat to convert to your ways.
Im glad you found a closet and you got something for your clothes. Must have been aweful not having a place to hang them. Hope you share lots of pics of the pareade. .
yes camping is a great get away. very nice

Anonymous said...

Wars have been raging for years and all it boils down to is religion. No god is better than someone elses god. Although like you say some people do see religion differently. I once was told i was not a christian by a lady i worked with, me and her used to have some mind blowing conversations, But at the end of the day i respected her choices, pity she did not do like wise.,,,She was a born again christian and her beliefs was there is only one religion. Hers!!. I hope you had a enjoyable outing and well done to hubby in getting you a place to hang your clothes.
love and hugs, God bless.
Katie

Anonymous said...

To me, it doesn't matter what religion people are, because in the end we all go to one of 2 places, heaven or hell. And I am so glad you got a closet to hang your clothes in. I'm gonna have to check out walmart for one of those portable closets. My closets are so full of things theres no room for clothes hanging. I hope you go to the parade and have a great time. ((((((hugs)))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

wow you sure do have  abusy busy family that's for sure :)

Theresa

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I'm glad you liked the CSI videos, youtube is addictive !!!!!!!!!!, I hope you have fun at the parade today, I agree with you about people who use thier religion to get others, it's not right !!!!!!! Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

A very full entry, Lisa, and you're making some good points yourself. Religion, in my mind, is a way for people to cope with the major issues in life. It is simply not on to ramrod your version of it down someone else's throat, or to decry them for not agreeing with you. Look what happened in Northern Ireland, or the Middle East, as a result of religious intolerance.
I'm glad your home is made more and more geared towards your needs.

Anonymous said...

You have made some strong points here in my opinion, and those words have so much depth in that song.  I have struggled with the religious putting our family down because of my dad's drinking.  Which is one reason I give alcoholics every break possible.  I believe people must be supported in order to break an addictive habit.  People are cruel to overweight people too, and here in Arizona they have upped the tax on the price of cigarettes so high that smoking has become ruinous for the poor who are still addicted and crave cigarettes.  All of these addictions affect the health, but in my opinion being severely put down does not help them to break their addictions.  Most addicted people know quite well they are addicted, overweight or whatever, and do not need to have this pointed out to them over and over. So I believe that kindness but guardedness is what is called for.  Support without indulging.  It is a hard mix to get right, but if you are too hard on the addicted, they will resist and nothing will be accomplished. Thousands are addicted.  Thousands can do others harm, but we still have to keep trying to find the right words to speak to them, so love and hope are not taken away.  Anyway my opinion.   Gerry  

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good time at the parade with your daughter and family xx  Shame your sons so busy and you can only snatch conversations with him.  I can see what you are saying about the religious thing.  As long as people don't force it upon you I don't see what the problem is half the time

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jmoqueen/MyLife/

Anonymous said...

Well said! Very powerful too! It is true. There are too many people that let things go right to their heads. And it seems to always be religion. I'm not knocking it in anyway. But the more they push you, they more they push you away! And the more power they feel they have over you. It's  like a addiction. And kind of a sad thing to. Great entry once again. Kudos.