Thursday, October 18, 2007

Answering a few of your comments

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess, and in hopes it might help someone else as I do.I do not pretend nor imatate to be someone I'm not.I have to be careful, apparently someone are way too obsessed with 'my' life. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. And if there is something in what I write that "offends" you, options; don't read, or realize that this IS real life, and get out of your plastic bubble and learn more about it! God bless you!......


 



 


Well....I got a lot of mixed opinions! So, I just picked a few comments out and I'm going to answer them! Then maybe there won't be anymore assuming about dh.


I've been reading your journal for quite some time now and to be honest I was surprised to learn that you are gay. I have no problem with that. What I do wonder however is what about your husband? Is is fair to him for you to continue in this relationship? I hope you are able to get into an assisted living situation soon. Perhaps you both need to start new chapters in your life. After all, this can't be easy for your husband either.


Firstly, I want to thank you for stoping by and reading my journal. About dh.....we've been divorced since 1986. I've lived with him off and on through the years.
In the state of Ohio, if you live with someone for a period of time, they consider you married. Thats why I still call him my husband.If I really wanted to, I could leave him and take him to divorce court, but I'm not that way and would never do that. I'm not going to disclose our bedroom secrets, but I will say this; Yes, he's fine with this and like I wrote in my last entry, he already knew. He told me how he had figured it out. And he did give me permission to have a girlfriend
over if I want to. He said that it doesn't bother him. Is this fair to him? Yes, or he wouldn't have told me that he was fine with it and have a girl here. I agree
with starting a new chapter in our lives. And we both feel that we have from our talks. Yes it is easier now for my husband. I can't go into that, because
I'm not going to go into our bedroom secrets.


I for one are pleased that you are now out in the open. You will feel 100% better. The stress you have carried on your shoulders must have been horrendous. It all takes its toll. You are now being true to yourself a big thing and a whole new world. I do think you and hubby need to talk more. As to what your future holds i wish you all the best and loads of love to go along side of you.
Love and fibro hugs.


Thank you. Yes, I do feel 100% better. It was very stressful to carry this for so long. That is why I talked to him, I had to let him know the real me. Being
true to myself is what I and him both needed. And yes, we will talk more about it. And thank you for your support as well.


 


I can promise you have not lost me as a reader for you being honest about "you!"!! What a relief you must be feeling I am so happy you were able to be honest about who you really are. I am also very happy that your husband knows he cannot treat you this way anymore. I have your back hun :)


Thank you for not leaving me and my journal....I really appreciate that! Yes it was a huge relief to tell him. Plus, a relief for him as well. (would have to disclose bedroom secrets to explain why) Yes, he sure does now....by reading that pamplet I was given about what is abuse to someone disabled.
He didn't realize a lot of the things listed are abuse. And reading it and seeing that I can press charges...made him stop and think about a lot of things.
Thank you for also having my back as well! I appreciate it.


Please by no means am I suggesting by this it is an excuse....but do you think you husband may also be taking out on you is also being frustrated that he does not have a full wife? Not only with your illness but now well, he knew but the idea that you are gay? Again, that is a lot singularly for anyone to deal with & if they are not talking about it, which men don't, and maybe he feels he can't leave to be happy so....again not excusing him or saying you should feel guilty AT ALL but this needs to be addressed. I think you moving out is a great first step for all. Are you going to talk to your daughter?


No! I know that isn't the case. When I was his wife, I was a FULL wife to him and lying to myself. And, my illnesses have nothing to do with me not being a Full wife or a FULL person, and why would it?Do you say that to others with illnesses too, that they're not a FULL person? It's also not
an 'idea' that I'm gay either, it's a fact. And no, I don't feel guilty, I have no reason to. And yes he is talking about it, we talk for hours last night.
And will continue to.Not all men are the same either, we are talking. And by me telling him and by us talking about it, is addressing it. Yes, both of my children know. And they too are fine about it. My daughter said that this just gives her something else to make fun of me with! LOL



 


HAHAHAHAHA The video did it for me. Too funny!!!!
And you sure did let the world know. :-)
Glad you guys got to talk about how he treats you.
Have a good day.
love ya


This comment was left from my daughter! Does that answer your question?



My children are 25 and 22 years old. It's not like they are small children. I also raised them to NOT be color blind, and that everyone is human. It's not the outside or illnesses or even a sexual preferance that makes a person, it's their soul! Is it not? I'm as full of a person just like everyone else! And why wouldn't I be?


Moving on.....
Yes, we do and did talk a lot about a lot of things last night. And we will again tonight. He has excepted me for me, for all of these years. Is that wrong? We are good friends! And no, I will not let him treat me like he did the other night, because I have the strength to stand up and put my foot down to stop it. Now that he knows that I could turn him in....he has a different outlook. He learned that last night by reading that pamplet. And I'm gald and proud of him for actually reading it!

I want to thank you for being a friend to me. Even on my bad days. At least by coming out has shown me who my true friends are and who my fake friends are! Thank you.



 



Tags:

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I admire your courage and your strength, you will always be my friend no matter what, emailing you , Love Ya Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

I think your daughter ROCKS, too.  Great response!

Anonymous said...

You're accountable to nobody over this issue, Lisa. It is a major thing to bring out to the fore, and you're to be commended for your courage. Be well. You're quite right: it's sorted the fake friends from the true.

Anonymous said...

Im glad you feel better about it.

Anonymous said...

To thine own self be true Lisa ,well done ,you have moved mountains in the last few days ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I know that your children will accept it. I am just happy that you are happy.
Kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

I am very proud to call you a friend. You are a strong woman, and you passed that strength on to your children. It takes alot of courage to "come out of the closet" and you my friend had that courage and showed trust and respect to all of us here in jland by telling us this. I truely admire you. ((((((((((hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Your explanation answered a lot of questions.  Stay true to yourself!

Anonymous said...

Well Lisa I didn't know you were divorced.All I want to say is what I have said before.I don't think things will change.This is between you both and only you can know whats best for you.I wish you every happiness whatever your decision is.Prayers you have a good day being said.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((((((LISA)))))))))))))))))))))))))Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

Always your friend, then, now, & forever. {{{}}}
Sugar

Anonymous said...

Oh & I meant to say I LOVE that first graphic!

Anonymous said...

Hi.....

Yes I have to comment back. You did take it personally & I wasn't AT ALL trying to be mean but it was just saying that even if I was with a man that I realized I really don't have the magic for...just lighting up when I see him or can't keep my hands off him, then that is not a full girlfriend to him. His comment that he knew may be suggesting he "could tell" meaning not quite the same as it could be. I hope that explains it. I love reading Judith Heartsong's blog (http://judithheartsong.blogspot.com/) she left her husband of many years finally to be with the woman she loves & she is in BLISS! I liked Jackie's comment on how Men are. I read Gene Wilder's autobiography on my way to Chicago each day and he made this comment that when Gilda was ill he still wanted sex and was upset she could not please him when she is going through Chemo etc I'm like what a Dog! It is very difficult when one is hurting to fullfil others needs as we would very much like to normally. I know just with my back when I'm in pain there are days I can't be like I use to be before my back was a problem. This is all I meant. Yes, I was thinking from a guys perspective & that is why I was saying it is not an excuse. And yes I know every man & every woman are different, that is why you discuss it. Someone can say, "Well my guy is..." etc & that is no problem. Just like I am not like every woman in the world & I say, Ya I know women get be that way but I think it is stupid! HA! Hope you understand now. I just wish you nothing but happiness & I know you'll get there! I want to to feel all giddy & lit up for someone & them for YOU! :-)

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting to see a comment by your daughter, so you must have prepared them very well.  All in all I think that people feel you are a remarkable person who has presented the world with a remarkable journal and they are going to continue reading it because your frankness at this time is just another reason you are so well worth reading.   Gerry

Anonymous said...

The revelation doesn't change a thing about my opinion of you.  I like you no matter what.  I'm glad you feel so comfortable with it and telling everyone.  Hope you have a good weekend.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sweetie! I was reviewing my journal links and ran into yours! I thought you might greet me at the door but you came out of the closet instead. LOL @ pun on words. Love ya, Win =.)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I am glad that you freed yourself and came out.  Good for you.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
No thanks needed chica and great entry!
Hugs,
Robyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your answers But there was no need. You was very brave and you do not need to answer to anyone else but your self.
love and hugs
Katie

Anonymous said...

As I said before, I'll be back ~ I have no problem with your sexuality.  You have to be happy and you are the only one who can do that.  Besides, we have the same name...Lisa Kay!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you and your husband have had some really great talks with this, as if even drawing you closer in the more open conversations.  Open communication about the verbal / medical / whatever abuses (I'm heartened to hear his response to the pamphlet), and about your sexuality.  I'll have to find your other entry to see if you believe that you are bisexual or homosexual.  (But, I can't view videos, sorry if it says in that.)
Oh, and to me?  What sexuality someone is, is like a shrug, okay, sure thing, meaning, doesn't matter to me.  You are who you are.

Anonymous said...

Thought you might want the guidelines for common law marriages in Ohio..(with the exception of some cases) are no longer recognized as legal.


Does Ohio recognize Common Law marriages?
YES and NO. A Common Law marriage entered into in Ohio before October 10, l991 constitutes a valid, legal marriage in Ohio. After October 10, l991, new Common Law marriages are prohibited in Ohio.