Thursday, October 4, 2007

Having fun/and great news!

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess, and in hopes it might help someone else as I do.I do not pretend nor imatate to be someone I'm not.I have to be careful, apparently someone are way too obsessed with 'my' life. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. And if there is something in what I write that "offends" you, options; don't read, or realize that this IS real life, and get out of your plastic bubble and learn more about it! God bless you!......


 



                          Good morning!


As you can see by the video in my last entry, my daughter and grandson came over last night! She has a doctors appointment this morning and they just spent the night with me! YAY!
I also asked her if she could take me to JC Penny's because I still don't feel like I can drive yet. Still pretty dizzy. I wanted to get some new towels and wash clothes for my new little bathroom! Again....they are having a sale of 30% off and an extra 15% off if you use your Penny's card....soooo...thats what I did! :o) I got all the towels I needed and waste basket, tooth brush holder, a lavander rug, a hand cream despenser and a pair of jammies for my grandson, ( he has them on in the video ) and two onsie's for the new baby thats on the way! All less then $100.00! Yessss! We had two huge bags to carry in! I always buy things when they are on sale....it's very rare if I don't. I bought everything in lavander/purple. Thats my favorite color! :o)
When we got back....just that little bit that we were in the store....my lower back/spine, hips and legs were killing me! We were maybe there for 15 minutes! I used my walker as well. I kept having the feeling that I was going to just snap in half and just fall down! I think it's time that I use the elcetric wheel chair everyday now, instead of my walker and canes. Bummer.

Yesterday, my case manager came over to check on me. I now know that if I have another accident like last Friday, I'm suppose to call her too! That makes a long list of people! Which in turn does make me feel so much more safer! That way everyone knows and whats going on with me and are on the same page!
I have this book that tells all about Care Star. The program that I'm going through. I also had some questions for her because I wanted to know what certain things meant. There is a thing that if my husband needs a break of being my care giver, they will send someone else here so that he can have a break....and he can take as long as he needs! I love that, because he does get overwhelmed. Or, if I need/want a break from him, I'm allowed to go to an assisted living for a weekend and then come back home! Pretty cool! Then I asked about the home improvment thing. She said all kinds of things that covers as well. I can't list them all. I asked if I could have a door put in where this room and the living room goes together. She said yes, because I need my privacy as does everyone else has in the house! She also said that since I'm on this computer all the time, if I want one she can get me a new laptop for when I have to be in my bed! Way cool! Because she said she knows how much I have to be in my bed and that will give me something to do and for communication, like I use this one for when I'm on this one! She said that I have $10,000.00 that I can spend for home improvement! So, I'm going to call her maybe today or tomorrow and ask more questions! This is really great news! And the money the government is allowing me to have....I'm deffinitly going to use wisely! So, that was a good visit! To say the least! :o)

My daughter should be back soon. I'll end this chapter here!

Have/try to have a stress free day! I'll be trying! :o)
Thank you for being here for me! It really means so much to me! God bless all of you!


 


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

sound like you got agood network set up for help for you and its nice to give caregivers a break

Anonymous said...

So pleased you have been promised all this help ,it will certainly make life easier for you ,and the family ,sorry you are aching so badly from your shopping trip ,,but didnt you get some bargains ? well done (I have posted today )...love Jan xx  http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeadie05/Serendipity/

Anonymous said...

WOW, sounds like you have a great thing going with that Home Health Program you're in!!!! :) YEAH!
Have a good day.
Huggies,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got some news about home improvements and a laptop that lifted your spirits.  Now maybe you can start putting your life story intoi chapters. That is what I advise and have done.  Start from the beginning, organizing into chapters.  Trying to flesh out the story more so people can picture it as it happened.  Perhaps it would help to post a chapter from time to time, so people can respond and encourage you.  This needs to be done first of all in my opinion, and knowing you, I think you will  have fun writing it.  You are writing your life story in your journal from time to time but in less detail and not in a book form.  This way you will have something to show an agent or publisher.  Then it would be time to look for one who specializes in such stories as yours.  After someone has helped you with the editing.  Or you have gone over it yourself, trying to corrrect all mistakes in grammar and spelling. Good luck to you.  I posted over a 100 of my life story entries on line.  And I have them saved so I can put them in book form when the time comes.  Hope this helps.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

great news....so glad you are getting some wonderful benefits...
have a great day
Ellie

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a chance to get out and do a little shopping.  Sounds like things are falling into place now...that's great!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

so happy to hear things are going so well, and you may be getting a laptop too? that is awesome. purple is also my favorite color, and i shop sales and clearance also, it saves alot of $$$. Have an awesome day. ((((((((Hugs))))))))
Love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a great care plan set up.  I'm real happy for you with that.

Anonymous said...

That is such awesome news! $10,000 and a new computer! This could not have happened to a better person.
kelli
http://journals.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

Lisa, glad you got to do some shopping and you have a good care plan set up, Love Ya Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful that good things are beginning to come your way at last?
That was excellent news about your care package.  That news and infromation would cheer anyone up.  I'm so happy for you all.

Take care

Jeanie xx

Anonymous said...

Shopping always makes me feel better. Glad you got out to do some. That would be great if you could get home improvements done to help you with your disability. I didn't know that the government helps with that. That's great!
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

so cool that you have these oppurtunities, good for you.
I am glad you got some goodies for the new bathroom....i used to work at Penneys long ago.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Take care, Lisa. Enjoy all that good stuff........alice

Anonymous said...

have a good friday:)

Deb

Anonymous said...

Woohoo you go girl!  Linda

Anonymous said...

:)  You made me smile today... I'm happy things are getting better
hugs
d

Anonymous said...

So much great news!  Do you have or will they pay for a electric wheelchair loader to be put on the back of your car so you can go places?  Did you know that Rite Aid now takes JC Penney credit cards?  We asked them how that worked but they didn't know.  All they knew is that they took them!  LOL  I don't know if OH does this but if it ever comes to a point where you DH needs to stay home to take care of you and has to leave his job, the state will pay for him to be your caretaker.  I have a friend who is terminally ill from anorexia in Washington state less than a year to live.  Her Mom took a one day class and got certified.  I sent you her Xanga site a few weeks ago.  That will be great to have a laptop.  I love mine!
Hugs,
D