Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I think I know why I couldn't sleep/and other stuff...

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess, and in hopes it might help someone else as I do.I do not pretend nor imatate to be someone I'm not.I have to be careful, apparently someone is way too obsessed with 'my' life. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. And if there is something in what I write that "offends" you, options; don't read, or realize that this IS real life, and get out of your plastic bubble and learn more about it! God bless you!......


 



 


Good morning! Hoping this finds you feeling great without any/much pains today!


Last week, my daughter and my grandson spent the night more then usual. Believe me...I just love it when they do! :o) Yesterday, my daughter and my grandson came over. She just wasn't feeling very well again and came in and layed down in my bed. My husband was out back playing with our grandson! My daughter was working on some math problems from school and decided to spend the nigth! YAY! :o) When they spend the night....they sleep with me in my bed! My grandson is in the middle of us! And boy is he a snuggle bunny too! I just love it! I love to snuggle!
Well....it hit me that the nights I wasn't sleeping, were the nights I was alone in my bed! :o) Because last night...lol...I slept like a baby! :o) That has to be a big part of why I wasn't sleeping very well! Because even though I have a lot of pains....I do sleep so much better when they are here!
Like all day yesterday, I was having some major issues with my body! Yikes! It felt like my whole body was in something 'thick,' and it was very hard for me to even move my arms! So, my whole body was giving me a time...along with some severe pains in my hips and knees. When I stood up, it felt as if I was going to fall. No matter what I was using to assist me in walking. (yes I know, I should be in my wheel chair) My husband was out back and I was letting him know something.....so I just went ahead and went out side and walked to him....wrong thing to do! All of the sudden, I was like a rag doll! He got me to my ramp and I held on to it as he camein the house to get my walker! He put me on that and helped me back in bed. So...thats where I stayed! :::sigh::: And when my daughter came....I was still in a lot of pain and feeling the same way. So, when I layed down to sleep....I 'did' sleep....because she and my grandson were there with me! They are like a medicine somehow to me. :o) Especially my little snuggle bunny! :o)

Oh! My Home Health Aid that really helped me yesterday....she's a new one! She's not the one that would come in and then sit right down and smoke! This one has been here 2 times, and has already did so much more then the one that had been coming for over a year! No kidding! My husband was so happy and relieved as well to see how much got done in this room! He now says that he will be able to get the bed up and a few other things done this week! It really made me feel so good to see his eyes and his reaction when he came in this room! I know how hard he works and all of the hours that he puts in, and it just made me so happy to see him like that! He just does so much around here after he gets off of work, I always feel so bad for him.

I want to thank someone for talking with me yesterday and I truly hold such high regaurds for! (G) You don't realize how much you helped me. I love to talk to a person that is honest with me! Because thats how I am. What you see/read, is just me. And thats it! Again, thank you from my heart to yours! :o)


I just want to say this again, yes....I am a very emotional person and I really don't hide it all that well. I suppose that my childhood might have a lot to do with that.


Tomorrow I go to the Adult Day Care Center. I didn't get a schedual yet for this months activities. But I do know that have Bible study everyday...which I do like! After that, they serve lunch, and then a craft time! :o) After that is snack time! Not too bad with what kind of activities there are. They even have a pool table! Yesss! I love to play pool! LOL I haven't played though since my illnesses, but I'm sure going to try! My husband and I used to play pool every weekend! And darts! Now that sounds like fun too! lol We would also play this card game of his called ' Back alley Bridge!' LOL I told him that he's had to have made that game up! LOL Every time we would play...we both would get to laughing so hard! lol Wow....just now thinking about how long it's been since we've played. I'll have to ask him when we can play cards! :o) Or really...any game that we have! We have so many games that we would get when we lived at our other house! This was before I was diagnosed. We would host a lot of parties and play games! Our house was so big, we were the ones that also had Thanksgiving dinner and Christmas dinner at for our families! :o) I loved it! I miss it too. :o) I have video's of a few of those times! If I knew how to put a jvs tape on the computer I would and share a lot of things with you! We used to do so many things as a family! Great memories! :o)


Ok......I will end this chapter here! My body is still feeling goofy like it was yesterday...so I think I need to do something about it. I have one pain pill left! eeekkk! But if it just takes the edge off of it...just that will help so much!
I'll see ya' on the flip side!


Thank you all so very much for your support and sticking by me! It really means so much to me! If you only knew how much! Thank you for just being yourselves! I wouldn't want it any other way! You all make me smile!
Oh.....yes, I'm back up again on journals. Just having to rest so much in my bed is slowing me down some, on being able to get around to all of them. I do hope that you understand. :o) God bless all of you! And He does!



 


 


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to stop by for a visit this morning and say hello.  I am so happy a great Nurse's Aide is finally there for you.  That other kind gives the rest a bad reputation.  She was just in it for the check, not because of her heart for it.
Have a pain free day.  I've also found to avoid Aspertame/Nutra Sweet at all costs as it makes things worse.
Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

I have used my digi cam to take video of the  tv as it played videos old VHS ones before. its grainy but you get the idea. you have to hold it just right to get the lines not to show up and everytime its differnt.
soudns like your husband needs to sleep with you at night when your daughter and grandson are not there........... then you will lseep everynight

Anonymous said...

just wanted to stop by and say HI! Hope you have a good day!


~make it a great day!~
         Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

Lisa, glad your daughter and grandson came to visit you yesterday, have fun at the adult day care center today, Love Ya Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Little ones do make one feel better.
Hope you feel better today.

Anonymous said...

I'm very pleased that things have taken a leap in the right direction, Lisa.

Anonymous said...

I think you feel content whe daughter and Grandosn are with you.Your mind is mor erelaced and so your body is Lisa.someone close too can help with sleeping problems.My partner is a very hot person and when I am close to him in bed I find I cannot sleep as I am too hot LOL!! I hope knowone takes this comment the wrong way Haaaaaaa.So becauce Grandson is cuddled up his body heat may ease your pain too when you are asleep.I am happy you are getting your bedroon sorted.Good to read you had someone speak to you that helped too.I hope you enjoy day centre.I know what you mean about the big house and having all the company .Tell hubby to set up a dart board on the wall low down so you can throw darts sat down at it.I used to do this for the Grandchildren when they were little.But they had sticky darts only I threw real ones making sure they were well behind me when I did.I love darts too.I was same and I miss it too.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I always feel better around my son, too! I know what you mean.
You could start playing simple games with Kayden. He could play fish, or old maid, or Candyland, maybe? Those are good games for kids.
Hope you have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you get to spend time with your daughter and grandson...they do seem to brighten your days....June:)

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a good time at the center today.  That's so neat that you sleep better when you have company, very good for you.  Your family sounds wonderful.  Joni

Anonymous said...

Sorry it has been so long since I stopped by, I no longer get alerts for your journal and I've been so spacey lately that I rely on those little things.  I didn't know your daughter and grandson had moved out...if I'm even remembering correctly that they did live with you.  Glad they were helpful in getting you some sleep by being in the same bed.  Hope all is going well for you...or as well as can be expected!!
xoxo, Heather

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a good night of sleep---so glad your daughter and grandson could help you out---seems to bring you alot of relief when they stay over.
I am so happy that your new home health aide is helping you...that is very cool.
take things easy and enjoy the day care---
Ellie

Anonymous said...

h

Anonymous said...

I hate sleeping by myself as well... Hope you have fun at the center cause I love playing pool too! - Missy

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I'm glad your health aide has been doing a great job.
That is awesome.
Sounds to me that the other was a slacker and good for shit!
They get paid darn good money, it's a shame that some take advantage of the situation and don't do much of anything.
Glad you got some sleep.
Take care.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you got some sleep!  Kids are medicine for me too!
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Glad you got some sleep!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Well maybe they ought to be there all the time then, so you can get a good night's sleep.  Sounds like you used to have a blast playing cards and stuff.  Sorry your body is still feeling goofy.  Hope your Hump Day will be nice.

Phil

Anonymous said...

i am glad you were able to sleep....its always nice to have someone to cuddle with.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Ah, too bad they can't stay with you every night.  I Hope you start feeling better.
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

Some interesting thoughts here and info about the past and how it used to be.  You sound like such a people lover I bet you did have great get togethers at your house.  I was touched by how well you slept with your family snuggled all around you.  Sweet sweet memories to give you strength.  Gerry