Monday, October 8, 2007

.....Just to let you know, nothing in this journal's entry is toward anyone in specific, I use it to write my feelings, and about my illnesess, and in hopes it might help someone else as I do.I do not pretend nor imatate to be someone I'm not.I have to be careful, apparently someone are way too obsessed with 'my' life. And if you might take an entry wrong and feel that it is about you, I'm sorry but It isn't, it just may seem to coincide with your own life. And if there is something in what I write that "offends" you, options; don't read, or realize that this IS real life, and get out of your plastic bubble and learn more about it! God bless you!......


 



Good morning! I hope that you are all doing/feeling good this morning!


Well.....I was up again last night. I ended up having to take 3 pain pills! All they did was take the edge off a bit. But...that always helps too. Just to get the pain level down.
My physical therapist had to wake me up this morning to give me my deep tissue massage. Yep...it hurt! Plus, not being able to sleep and the added stress...which more stress makes more pains and less sleep! So....thats what I'm going through right now! It's an endless circle right now.

My daughter, her husband and my grandson were here again last night! :o) My husband watched him while they went out to dinner! :o) He is soooo funny! lol He really had me laughing! lol I wanted to take a video of him, but my daughter had my camera! lol Next time! :o)
I was told that many of you J-Lander's are up late as well! You know....maybe we need an 'J-Lander's up all night' chat room! lol :o) You know, that just might work! It would give all of us company! :o) Just a thought! :o)
My home health aide comes today at 1:30. I hope I can stay awake for when she comes. :o) Whew!

I have a poem that I want to share!


 


                      A Sure Way to a Happy Day


Happiness is something we create in our minds-
It's not something you search for and so seldom find.
It's just waking up and begining the day
By counting our blessings and kneeling to pray.
It's giving up thoughts that breed discontent
And accepting what comes as a gift heaven-sent.
It's giving up wishing for things we have not
And making the best of whatever we've got.
It's knowing that life is determined for us
And pursuing our tasks without fret, fume, or fuss...
For it's by completing what God gives us to do
That we find real contentment and happiness, too.


By; Helen Steiner Rice


 


I need to go....my husband just called to see how I was doing. :o)
Thank all of you for your much needed support! God bless all of you!


 


 


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I loved your poem, hope you have a good pain-free day, Love Ya Lisa XO

Anonymous said...

Lisa, hope you are having less pain as I type this message to you dear.  Now don't laugh, give this a try, has helped a lot of folks.  Buy a bar of soap (no moisturizer soaps though, like Dial) we use a bar of Jergens soap.  Place it on your sore area where you hurt, give it a few days and see if this helps you. We acturally keep a bar of wrapped Jergens soap under the sheets at the middle of the end of the mattress and it's helped with siactica pain and hubby's leg cramps. Worth trying, who knows might be of comfort.  Have read in a medical column of runners who sleep with the bar of soap on the area that hurts and by morning they feel great.  Loved your poem.  Arlene (AJ)

Anonymous said...

wont worry about the computer you need to go get some rest dont worry about catching up with us all and doing entries to make us laugh. its nice but I think you would have less pain if you slept some

Anonymous said...

Have a good day, Lisa.

Anonymous said...

(((((((((((((((LISA))))))))))))))))))))Sorry you are hurting so much.I am glad you got the pacakage and you liked it.I know your Grandson always makes you happy.Have a nice day.

Anonymous said...

sorry ypu have been in so much pain!
I hope you are feeling better soon!


~make it a great day!~
         Sharon
http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

Anonymous said...

A nice sentiment in this poem.  You are always coming up with items that do give people incentive to bear up under their burdens as you do.  Good for you.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

You really need to start sleeping.....you are going to feel alot worse without proper sleep.  I know you already know this but I thought I would say it anyway.   I hope your appt goes well today.  
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/wwfbison/life-on-a-bison-farm

Anonymous said...

The late Night chat rooms a good idea Lisa,or should we say the middle of the night room ha. LOL!! Pity we are on differant time zomes Grrrr.I love HSR verse I used to collect them all at one time in my life.She writes some wonderful words.I bet Grandson makes you  laugh too He makes us all laugh haaaaaaaa.Have a great day.Hope the pain goes away Grrr.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

How lovely your little Grandson,gives you so much pleasure ,I hope you get some releif from your pain soon ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm sorry you had such a rough night :(........That poem was very nice, thanks for sharing :) -Missy

Anonymous said...

i hope you feel better soon and can get some rest.
XO lj

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
Sorry you haven't been sleeping.
That is hard,
Like the poem.
Love,
Donna

Anonymous said...

Hope you will be feeling better soon!  Linda

Anonymous said...

There are alot of nights I'm up late when I don't have to share my laptop.  I've had to share it the past few days because our desktop is n the shop.  Hopefully, We get it back tomorrow.
Hugs,
D