Wednesday, October 3, 2007

For all of us....by Sugar


Many in J-Land lost a dear online friend when Penny passed away Monday morning, she was so strong, such a fighter, she had beaten Leukemia once before, & we all had hopes she would do it again. She was a young woman, who believed strongly in God & the Everafter...so we take peace in that, and knowing that she is where she is supposed to be at this time, with her Maker.
This post is for her friends & loved ones...& for ALL of you that have lost dear ones...


BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO MOURN, FOR THEY WILL BE COMFORTED.
( MATTHEW 5:4 *NIV )


When you lose someone that you love, take comfort in
knowing that they are now with God. For it is written that
when we die:
THE DUST RETURNS TO THE GROUND IT CAME FROM, AND THE SPIRIT RETURNS TO GOD
WHO GAVE IT. ( ECCLESIASTES 12:7 )

Therefore:
BROTHERS, WE DO NOT WANT YOU
TO BE IGNORANT ABOUT THOSE WHO FALL ASLEEP, OR TO GRIEVE LIKE THE REST OF MEN, WHO HAVE NO HOPE. WE BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED AND ROSE AGAIN AND SO WE BELIEVE THAT GOD WILL BRING WITH JESUS THOSE WHO HAVE
FALLEN ASLEEP IN HIM. (1 THESSALONIANS 4:13-14)

So , take comfort in knowing you will see them again, for it isn't the end of them but only the beginning! The beginning of a much better life where:
HE WILL WIPE AWAY EVERY TEAR FROM THEIR EYES. THERE WILL BE NO MORE DEATH OR MOURNING OR CRYING OR PAIN, FOR THE OLD ORDER OF THINGS HAS PASSED AWAY. ( REVELATION 21:4 )

Now I would like to share something with you that has helped many who have lost someone. It is called "Safely Home." I pray it will minister to those of you who have lost someone close.

SAFELY HOME

I am home in Heaven, dear ones;
Oh, so happy and so bright!
There is perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.

All the pain and grief is over,
Every restless tossing passed;
I am now at peace forever,
Safely home in Heaven at last.

Did you wonder I so calmly
Trod the valley of the shade?
Oh! But Jesus' love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.

And He came Himself to meet me
In that way so hard to tread;
And with Jesus' arm to lean on,
Could I have one doubt or dread?

Then you must not grieve so sorely,
For I love you dearly still:
Try to look beyond earth's shadows,
Pray to trust our Father's Will.

There is work still waiting for you,
So you must not idly stand;
Do it now, while life remaineth--
You shall rest in Jesus' land.

When that work is all completed,
He will gently call you Home;
Oh, the pleasure of that meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come!


Written by; Sugar


 


 



Tags: ,

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa, thanks for visiting my journal. And thanks for your entry today. I guess we all carry a cross in one form or another every single day & it's good to have others to lean on when their cross to bear his lightened at times and the other way around. I find that all these journals that I read do just that. Pleas come back a visit again........alice

Anonymous said...

she did a great job

Anonymous said...

Nice of you to repost, hope it helps some who are hurting.
God bless,
Sugar

Anonymous said...

**AMEN**

Anonymous said...

I went there earlier Lisa such a moving wonderful posting by Sugar as always, she is the best.So kind of you to re-post her entry for people to read.. Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful, I will go and  tell Sugar.  It means alot to me this me, because it was 38 years ago on tuesday that I lost my dear sister, she was only 42, to cancer.  Thank you, Joni

Anonymous said...

that is so lovely, truly. I loved the words.
lj

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((LISA))))))))))))))))))))))Just wanted you to know,I love you.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I did not know Penny, but I am so sorry for the loss that all of you who loved her are feeling right now.  I am sure you were a good friend to her.  Penny's at peace now.  Still, when one dies before their time, it's so difficult for family and friends.  I will pray for both.  xoxo Merry  PS That was a wonderful article about Sugar.

Anonymous said...

beautiful & inspirational
Lisa

Anonymous said...

That was awesome.
kelli
http://journa;s.aol.com/kamdghwmw/noonmom

Anonymous said...

I hope this comforts many and continue to pray for her family as well.

Thanks for posting Sugar's words.  Like her, very sweet.

Nelishia
http://journals.aol.com/nelishianatl/PrayingandBelieving/

Anonymous said...

All very nicely put. Sugar is very sweet and spiritual.

Phil

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I feel bad I never met Penny, Hugs Lisa